Louisville's compelling storyline | Syracusefan.com

Louisville's compelling storyline

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
Kevin Ware shatters his leg on national television for the entire country to see. People are screaming, "OH MY GOD!" at their television sets. Louisville players are rolling on the floor and vomiting. Coach K is crying. Everyone is crying! The horrific image is stuck in people's traumatized brains. It's like a Terminator movie! No one can believe it.

DID IT REALLY HAPPEN?

Ware is strapped to the stretcher, still in shock. He calls for his teammates to gather close around him. He croaks, "Win it for me. Bring home the National Championship." Poignancy and heartbreak, they name is Louisville!

Now we find out he's going to be at the games! He'll be on the sidelines, urging his beloved Cardinals to victory. And they will play their hearts out for him. They can't let him down now. His sacrifice shall not be in vain! The entire country is pulling for the plucky Louisville team. And now one thing becomes crystal clear. If anyone beats Louisville, they will be an a**hole. Yes, any other National Championship team other than the Cardinals will be a huge freaking a**hole!

I don't want to be an a**hole! Help me!

Pleasssee... Some perspective here. Dude broje his leg in a basketball game and he becomes America's darling? While I hope he fully recovera and plays again, the dude wasn't dodging bullets to save a 3 year old. Running into a fire to rescue a mother of 3. This shint happens, and he's no hero for it.

That said, best of luck to you Kevin Ware.

It didnt work out for Manti Te'o and his heartbreaking story in the National Title game, oh wait.

I love being the a-hole...Cuse if you haven't noticed isn't the most popular team the last few years among the nation's BB fans. We must continue our destiny of pissing off America.

I sincerely care what my friends and family feel about me. Strangers I've never met? Fans of another basketball team? Could care less. I'm a Yankees fan.

Oh, so you're an a-hole already??

I keed, I keed.
LOL...one game sample size sez the Yankees might be more lovable this year. I'm going to try to get into baseball more this summer...and yes the Yankees will be the team I follow.

LOL...one game sample size sez the Yankees might be more lovable this year. I'm going to try to get into baseball more this summer...and yes the Yankees will be the team I follow.
Impossible, like watching paint dry. In a room that doesnt matter... Like 1 out of 162.

I'm hoping he is at least up in a luxury box rather than on the sideline. Can't be all that safe given the possibility of someone running into him.

I don't think anyone who has played them, or seen them play thinks of them as a plucky, lovable team.

They are still a hacking, grabbing, talking team where the refs love to "let them play"... that now has a guy on the sideline with a broken leg.

I have a feeling I am going to get very tired, very quickly of this story. Expect a couple of those short 5 minute CBS touching story videos, interviews, pictures of him in the hospital, announcers gushing over how Louisville came together as a team, etc.

I have a feeling I am going to get very tired, very quickly of this story. Expect a couple of those short 5 minute CBS touching story videos, interviews, pictures of him in the hospital, announcers gushing over how Louisville came together as a team, etc.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

im a cowboys fan - been an ahole for nearly twenty years while they havent wont a damn thing since their sb in 95. Let america hate us for beating the team of destiny.. bring it on.. how many ppl hated duke 10x more when they beat butler?

Read a nice article this morning in the paper about Theismann reaching out to Ware to help him through this as a fellow survivor of this gruesome an injury.

That being said, I sure wouldn't mind seeing them knocked out on Saturday night. And I'm a Red Sox fan (which makes me a little more happy than the Yanks fans here).

Haha I didnt even realize I did that. I'm consistent, unlike our Syracuse Orange.

Or brutally consistant at rejecting weak takes just like our Syracuse 2-3 zone.

"Louisville is plucky"
DSC4155.jpg

"Louisville is a feel good story"
images

Wow

Kid suffers an absolutely horrific, vomit inducing, accident in full view of all his "brothers" and coaches. He will likely never play again. And this team found the will to carry on.

Let's leave this one alone...

All these responses are great! Keep them coming! But so far no one has helped me with my "angst." Is it the impossible dream to beat Louisville and NOT be an a**hole? Must one resign oneself to disdain?

Or brutally consistant at rejecting weak takes just like our Syracuse 2-3 zone.

"Louisville is plucky"
DSC4155.jpg

"Louisville is a feel good story"
images
I remember that crap. Terrence Jennings on ongenaet. Gets my anger juices flowing. Someone punch all the Pitinos in the Dick please.

Wow

Kid suffers an absolutely horrific, vomit inducing, accident in full view of all his "brothers" and coaches. He will likely never play again. And this team found the will to carry on.

Let's leave this one alone...

That it's a good story isn't the problem. It is - that's exactly how I want my team to respond. If we were not in the FF, I'd be rooting for them (BE + good story + hate the other teams)... The question is how do you win and not be an ***hole.