Louisville's compelling storyline | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville's compelling storyline

All these responses are great! Keep them coming! But so far no one has helped me with my "angst." Is it the impossible dream to beat Louisville and NOT be an a**hole? Must one resign oneself to disdain?
We'd be an ahole if we didn't beat them.

All these responses are great! Keep them coming! But so far no one has helped me with my "angst." Is it the impossible dream to beat Louisville and NOT be an a**hole? Must one resign oneself to disdain?
Let Wichita State assume that role.

Louisville has this Ware story.
WSU is the cinderella that has had a magical run.
Michigan is lead by the best player country/NOPTY who hit a 30 fter to send a game into OT vs. the #1 seed.
Then there's us. The redhead stepchild. The afterthought. All we've heard about for the last 3 rounds is how we are going to lose and how the zone is easy to beat. And when we have won, it's because everyone is missing open shots against us.

But guess what, stories don't win championships, what happens between those lines for 40 minutes does. And I'll take our guys over anyone right now.

Wow

Kid suffers an absolutely horrific, vomit inducing, accident in full view of all his "brothers" and coaches. He will likely never play again. And this team found the will to carry on.

Let's leave this one alone...
Although tragic for his playing career, he lives, will get a free education and likely the best medical care for his current injury. I will not feel like dbag celebrating a win over Louisville.

That it's a good story isn't the problem. It is - that's exactly how I want my team to respond. If we were not in the FF, I'd be rooting for them (BE + good story + hate the other teams)... The question is how do you win and not be an ***hole.

I think it's a matter of perspective.

The Ware story and the team's reaction IS a great story.

Kind of a quantum leap, IMO, to go from that to: holy sh&t, this is going to take away from our glory if we beat them. But, that's just me.

Although tragic for his playing career, he lives, will get a free education and likely the best medical care for his current injury. I will not feel like dbag celebrating a win over Louisville.

Missing the point, Ed. I don't think one has anything to do with the other. Celebrate the kid and, if we happen to beat them, there is no shame in celebrating that win.

Kind of a quantum leap, IMO, to go from that to: holy sh&t, this is going to take away from our glory if we beat them. But, that's just me.
Our brains are different. And thats ok.

Time heals all wounds. Win or lose, it will also be a feel-good story when Ware takes the court again.

He will likely never play again.

That's actually not true. There's a chance he won't play again, but the odds are in his favor.

Wow

Kid suffers an absolutely horrific, vomit inducing, accident in full view of all his "brothers" and coaches. He will likely never play again. And this team found the will to carry on.

Let's leave this one alone...

He will play again and it'll be a great story when he does. That being said, who his "brothers" and coaches were before the injury don't all of the sudden change because of the injury.

This man:
9332884-large.jpg

Still coaches these tactics:

122912-CBK-LOUISVILLE-RUSS-SMITH-KENTUCKYS-JULIUS-MAYS-SS-PI_20121229205607733_660_320.JPG

YgRDJ.Em.138.jpeg

Missing the point, Ed. I don't think one has anything to do with the other. Celebrate the kid and, if we happen to beat them, there is no shame in celebrating that win.
Im certainly rooting for him to heal and fully recover... But Marsh Louisville.

And your perception is a bit skewed in that you don't think he will ever play again. The Louisville football running back had a similar injury and is playing in the NFL today.

I remember that crap. Terrence Jennings on ongenaet. Gets my anger juices flowing. Someone punch all the Pitinos in the Dick please.

Bingo. Imagine if someone got seriously injured as a result of their cheapshot madness which is much more likely than a freak accident like Ware had.

Bingo. Imagine if someone got seriously injured as a result of their cheapshot madness which is much more likely than a freak accident like Ware had.
No question, the typical unassisted injury is an acl tear or a rolled ankle. That was insane, never need to see it again. That said, im glad coudagan is ok when cj fell on his head.

No question, the typical unassisted injury is an acl tear or a rolled ankle. That was insane, never need to see it again. That said, im glad coudagan is ok when cj fell on his head.

That was freakin' scary. I thought that dude might have snapped his neck.

Ever team will try to win and their fans will want them to. Lville now has the swing votes is all. How can you not feel bad for Ware and happy for his teammates who were able to regroup and win after that. Wish him the best but SU, WSU and UM fans are all pulling for their teams and rightfully so.

Maybe something horrible will happen to one of our walk-ons this week?

I don't remember the huge out-pouring of emotion from the world when AO went down? Not be to a jerk, but he was much more important and his loss was more devastating despite the fact he didn't have bone sticking out of his leg. This is only as big as it is because it happened in the elite 8 game in front of many more viewers.

So bballbeadle, don't feel bad - if we win it's because we deserve it, not because we are a$$holes. Don't forget we beat this team once already this year with Ware playing.

how would we be s? any team that plays louisville now should let them win cuz of ware? lol

Yeah but that wasn't CJ's fault. JC went into the lane out of control and just happened to fly into CJ while he was in the air.

Jeeze, we don't need that. How about the larger tragedy about the 2 year old cuseinatl posted about yesterday? That little boy is rooting for syracuse and his circumstance is a 1000 times more distressing.

First it was FCGU, then MCW's home, now Wade's leg.

The low-information fans will now vote for L'ville. Normally, I'd say there's time for them to change their minds...again, but unless L'ville loses - and taken out of the equation - (please o please o please), it's unlikely anything as dramatic as a broken leg will happen in the tournament.

But these aren't votes in an election we're talking about. It's just "fans".

LOL...one game sample size sez the Yankees might be more lovable this year. I'm going to try to get into baseball more this summer...and yes the Yankees will be the team I follow.
Lovable. Yeah, that's one word that can be used.

Yeah but that wasn't CJ's fault. JC went into the lane out of control and just happened to fly into CJ while he was in the air.
No I know, just a freak accident that could have resulted in paralysis. Jennings was just a dirtbag.