Love the RU board when it comes to expansion | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Love the RU board when it comes to expansion

Do you really believe this? Really?
i believe they get in someplace before storz, maybe even cincy.

unless the bevo gets its pipedream scenario, lville likely goes to them.

does anyone know if the guy who gave the bevo all those tv $$s has been fired for incompetence yet??

They are a sleeping decent program.
Sleeping? Hibernating? Dead? It's hard to tell the difference... other conferences may not be able to tell either.

sorry it will be ru. a large land grant university with medical and law, major research funding and contacts, aau membership metro location and despite what has been written they still spend. yes athletics up to now has been smoke and mirrors. they will flourish under flood., much to my dismay. they have an upside even financially much more than we do unfortunately.----had they had a better coach that did something with his good recruiting classes and schedueled better they would have been invited before. the best thing for them and worse for us was schiano leaving.

Isn't Flood the coach because he was on the current staff and he was cheap? Rutger's athletic programs are running a $30M deficit that they balance by holding up the students with fees and transfers of money from the general fund.

The students take out student loans partially to fund an athletic program which most of them don't care about.

Tipp --- Many people are fooled by the "Rutgers logic" of a big school and a big potential market and "sleeping giant" and all that. But when you start to dig under all that you see a State university that the great majority of New Jerseyans don't care about. And zero athletic tradition.

I grew up 18 miles from the Rutgers campus and was part of a sports-oriented community. No one I knew had ever been to a Rutgers home game in any sport. That's 18 miles ... right up Rte 27. Could you grow up 18 miles from Syracuse and not know a single soul that had ever been to an SU game?

Isn't Flood the coach because he was on the current staff and he was cheap? Rutger's athletic programs are running a $30M deficit that they balance by holding up the students with fees and transfers of money from the general fund.

The students take out student loans partially to fund an athletic program which most of them don't care about.

Tipp --- Many people are fooled by the "Rutgers logic" of a big school and a big potential market and "sleeping giant" and all that. But when you start to dig under all that you see a State university that the great majority of New Jerseyans don't care about. And zero athletic tradition.

I grew up 18 miles from the Rutgers campus and was part of a sports-oriented community. No one I knew had ever been to a Rutgers home game in any sport. That's 18 miles ... right up Rte 27. Could you grow up 18 miles from Syracuse and not know a single soul that had ever been to an SU game?

Just another argument you have been using for years on the boards. What year was it that you lived 18 miles from campus?

Believe it or not times have changed since the 40/50s. I assume most SU fans did not want to go back to the "glory days" of playing Colgate like you and Zak were pulling for over the years either. We have great facilities, a state of the art stadium and nice support from the students. Rutgers made a smart and responsible hire with coach Flood. I suspect we will have a good upcoming season under him as well.

I really get some great schadenfreude out of the need for UConn and Rutgers fans coming here to try and convince us that anyone in the B1G or ACC gives two shits about them.

Just another argument you have been using for years on the boards. What year was it that you lived 18 miles from campus?

Believe it or not times have changed since the 40/50s. I assume most SU fans did not want to go back to the "glory days" of playing Colgate like you and Zak were pulling for over the years either. We have great facilities, a state of the art stadium and nice support from the students. Rutgers made a smart and responsible hire with coach Flood. I suspect we will have a good upcoming season under him as well.

They will love you in the Patriot League.

sorry it will be ru. a large land grant university with medical and law, major research funding and contacts, aau membership metro location and despite what has been written they still spend. yes athletics up to now has been smoke and mirrors. they will flourish under flood., much to my dismay. they have an upside even financially much more than we do unfortunately.----had they had a better coach that did something with his good recruiting classes and schedueled better they would have been invited before. the best thing for them and worse for us was schiano leaving.

LOL you cant be serious with this post. First of all last time I checked Flood hasn't even coached a game yet and he was demoted from his previous position at RU because of how bad the offense was. Also you probably dont follow recruiting but Rutgers is getting crushed in NJ this year by Penn State and others and nearly all of there commits had zero offers besides Rutgers. You may want to re-think your position on this.

:rolling:

Oh wait, you're serious?!?

:bat:

Cheers,
Neil
yes i am. as serious as when i warned of rutgers recruiting back in early 2000, and said we would be shut out of nj, and building of their program. may laughed at that as well. again the world does not end at the syracuse city limits

Responsible because they didn't want to siphon anymore student fees into the head coach's salary, house, golf course membership, and helicopter. Smart because they knew it would hold last year's recruits.

Can't wait to see this guy as a gameday coach. LOL.

yes i am. as serious as when i warned of rutgers recruiting back in early 2000, and said we would be shut out of nj, and building of their program. may laughed at that as well. again the world does not end at the syracuse city limits

Us being shut out of nj isn't the same type of prognostication. We were already starting our slide by that time and the university was not helping in terms of facilities and $$$ paid to assistant coaches.

Rutgers was at its zenith back in 2007 when the BiG first considered expanding due to the BTN. It decided to wait. Had they actually continued on they very well might have been an excellent candidate by 2010 when the BiG got serious about expansion. But they didn't, did they?

They lack the financial structure to succeed in D-1 sports plain and simple.

Cheers,
Neil

Responsible because they didn't want to siphon anymore student fees into the head coach's salary, house, golf course membership, and helicopter. Smart because they knew it would hold last year's recruits.

Can't wait to see this guy as a gameday coach. LOL.

I'd be willing to bet that Flood has his team finishing higher then SU under Marrone(in his 4th year) this upcoming season...

I'd be willing to bet that Flood has his team finishing higher then SU under Marrone(in his 4th year) this upcoming season...
I'd be willing to bet that you will be colossally disappointed this year then. But then again SU does play actually football teams, so anything is possible.

I'd be willing to bet that you will be colossally disappointed this year then. But then again SU does play actually football teams, so anything is possible.

I'm talking Big East standings where we will play the exact same teams and go head to head.

Flood in year one will finish above Marrone in year four in the standings...

I'm talking Big East standings where we will play the exact same teams and go head to head.

Marrone in year 2 finished higher than Schiano in year whatever so anything is possible.

What was Marrone's record against the almighty Rutgers again? Legends in your own mind. Your whole athletic program is a disaster. And I won't even get into the subsidy or attendance issues.

What was Marrone's record against the almighty Rutgers again? Legends in your own mind. Your whole athletic program is a disaster. And I won't even get into the subsidy or attendance issues.

You have a losing record against Rutgers over the last decade.

Our attendence is better then yours

Our facilities are better then yours

Our stadium is nicer and bigger then yours

Our graduation rate(APR) is better then yours

I feel our team is better then yours as of today but we'll find out this season

It is a joke that you call our program a disaster when in year 4 of the Marrone era you are predicted to finish last or near last again in the Big East...

It is a joke that you call our program a disaster...

Don't make me post the Director's Cup standings. Eh, just for s and giggles, here you go.

http://thedirectorscup.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/finald1standings10-11-2.pdf

Last place out of all BCS programs? I would call that an athletic program in utter disarray.

Over the last decade, we had the worst 5 yr span of our schools football history. You have had your schools best stretch in history. 6-4 Rutgers. Congrats on that. I understand Rutgers fans don't have a grasp on CFB history, but I will let you look up what the overall record is between the 2 schools (hint: it ain't pretty for your side).

Attendance wise, you built an addition to your stadium and have had 1 sell-out (the first game). They aren't exactly beating down the doors to get in Rutgers Stadium. I live in Jersey so I have more than a good idea how much Rutgers is thought of around here (hint: Townie's pretty much spot on).

And APR? Are you serious? Schools with no trophies talk about those types of things.

Now go back to the Rivals board and continue with your board's letter writing campaign to beg into the B1G. Yes, there is actually a thread about this. That's so Rutgers.

It is a joke that you call our program a disaster when in year 4 of the Marrone era you are predicted to finish last or near last again in the Big East...
I love your consistency.

You used the word "then" five times, each time incorrectly. It's better "than" yours. As in SU's place in college athletics vis-a-vis RU's.

Our stadium is nicer and bigger then yours.

I found this remark interesting. I've been to over 30 different football stadiums and Rutgers Stadium (excuse me, High Point Solutions Stadium) is by far the worst. Part of the outer wall of the stadium is a chain-link fence. Seriously. It's like they ran out of concrete or something. They just stole a fence from some New Jersey backyard and thought, "this will keep people out!" Then they forgot to build any bathrooms. Apparently somebody realized late in the process, "oh crap! Football stadiums are supposed to have bathrooms," so they had the bright idea to set up port-o-potties INSIDE the stadium... and there aren't even enough of them! Nothing says BIG-TIME COLLEGE FOOTBALL like a long line for a port-o-pottie right next to a concession stand. Then, to top it all off, they wasted $102 million (of BORROWED money) on an endzone seating expansion, and then couldn't even properly line up the aisles of the expansion with the aisles of the existing seating. You can't get from the old seating to the new seating because they didn't bother to measure and line it up properly, so the whole flow of the stadium is thrown off. We might joke about wanting a retractable roof stadium here, but at least the Carrier Dome was extremely well built, and fully paid for from Day One. Their entire stadium is a collection of cut corners built on borrowed money.

I love your consistency.

You used the word "then" five times, each time incorrectly. It's better "than" yours. As in SU's place in college athletics vis-a-vis RU's.
He's just proving how important the APR is...

Graduation Rate and APR are completely different things. Wouldn't expect a rutgers fan to know that, though.

Quick question, when was your last BCS bowl game?

Couple interesting factoids:

-Rutgers is 40-108-2 all-time vs. current ACC teams.

-In the last 5 years, Syracuse has won 19 Big East championships in various sports. Rutgers has won zero. That is not a typo. Rutgers has seriously not won ANYTHING in ANY sport in five years. Their entire athletics department is just mired in a culture of failure. They stink and always will. It's just the New Jersey way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom