Love the schedule | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Love the schedule

Nice to see they aren't call SU a cupcake. So are we a cheese danish?
yeah, i thought they were going to follow that cupcake line sorta like...'we thought we were getting a cupcake, but we got better... a bcs level cream puff'.

i cant believe how fortunate the CNYers are this year. they get another saturday to rake leaves and take the kids to swim class without having the nusance of a Syracuse football game to complain about.

And have to pay an increased premium cost which was due, oh...the day before this announcement.

Sent from my DROIDX

Yeah, I was amazed by this coincidence too. So Northwestern, Stony Brook, Louisville, UConn and Pitt. What do you suppose the price for Season tickets will be? $150? And the $100 bargain package down to $65? That's alot of revenue to be made up...

Yeah, I was amazed by this coincidence too. So Northwestern, Stony Brook, Louisville, UConn and Pitt. What do you suppose the price for Season tickets will be? $150? And the $100 bargain package down to $65? That's alot of revenue to be made up...
Mine were $150 the past 2 years.

They will have to charge less for the Food Stamp Section tix. But I would expect $90.

Mine were $150 the past 2 years.

You must not pay the $2K that goes on top of the cost of tix (which isn't $150 for most).

Ironic we end up with mizzou on the schedule after the Brantley sutuation...

This makes the NW and Minn MUST WIN GAMES, which I think is doable. We have NW at home and who Minnesota coach may show up to the game with a hockey helmet on and the leash around his neck!

You must not pay the $2K that goes on top of the cost of tix (which isn't $150 for most).
I sure don't! But my seats are good. They are a few rows up from the bottom on the upper tier at about the goal line and the row is only 5 seats wide so no need to deal with people constantly going to the restroom or getting beers and needing to get around me.

I hope certain media members will ask how much $$$$ we are receiving to to go to Mizzou...(not holding my breath)...:(
Good point, but we don't carry any clout on getting a bigger pay-out, so I won't hold my breath. This looks like a sweetheart deal for Mizzou, who shared a similar 11th hour, back-against-the-wall scheduling issue. They are not a top 25 program, so why cave in? Mizzou now gets 7 true home games and no commitment to play a home & home return match. That sucks from a scheduling perspective, fan-base support and season success basis. I predict this will make our schedule one of the top 20 toughest, and IMO, will jeopardize Marrone's tenure here. I predict a 3-9 season with this schedule. And where's the payback from the BE for us not pulling a WVU and leaving this year? If Temple supposedly comes in this year, why not reverse their 4-3 home advantage conference slate this year, and give them our 3-4 conference slate? Under the circumstances, they can go 4-3 in 2013. Without checking, something tells me TU will get 7 home games in '12 with a 4H-3A conference schedule. What are we still doing here(in the BE)?

do any other big east schools have only 5 home games?
I bet the new supposed member, Temple, has 7 homers with a 4-3 BE schedule. Just reverse their home & away with ours for Pete's sake. Pitt and SU are doing the Commish a great favor sticking around another year so his downsized FB conference doesn't implode. I have a differing opinion on how this should have been approached/ handled for the 2 departing ACC members. The ACC should have assisted getting us out way before this train wreck emerged, just like the B12 did for WVU. Pay the $20M, get settled this year and be done with it. Now we're left with this. Maybe some are happy here, but NO way do we win and go bowling this year. BTW, does this mean the administration will give HCDM a What bye this year and look to extend him beyond 2013? I don't blame the Coach for this mess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom