Love the schedule | Syracusefan.com

Love the schedule

Stevenson

2023 Cali Award Winner Pts Against & Passing Yards
If that is what it takes to get us out of the Big Least, then so be it. DGs hands were tied.

It's not like. CNYs go to the games anyway.

Marrone to TGD: Uh, this season doesn't count, right?

this schedule is a total disaster for team and fans

i guess marrone can hope for wins while he dreams because in reality he is screwed

The schedule actually got easier. WVU and Missouri are a wash pretty much and @Temple will be much easier than home vs. TCU.

Sent from my DROIDX

The schedule actually got easier. WVU and Missouri are a wash pretty much and @Temple will be much easier than home vs. TCU.

Sent from my DROIDX
I just read the article and love playing Mizzou, but is this a 1 game series or a home/home?

this schedule is a total disaster for team and fans

i guess marrone can hope for wins while he dreams because in reality he is screwed

Beyond a disaster, season ticket sales are going to plummet and so are sales overall this is a disaster.

According to the Mizzou blog this is their Senior day.

1. Evidently Mizzou has finished its 2012 schedule ... with Syracuse. Via Troy Nunes Is An Absolute Magician, we see that Syracuse will come to Columbia on November 17 for Senior Day. That is ... well, that's awesome is what it is. We all assumed we would see another cupcake, but instead, it appears the home schedule is as follows: SE Louisiana (Sept. 1), Georgia (Sept. 8), Arizona State (Sept. 15), Vanderbilt (Oct. 6), Alabama (Oct. 13), Kentucky (Oct. 27), Syracuse (Nov. 17). Fantastic.

Beyond a disaster, season ticket sales are going to plummet and so are sales overall this is a disaster.
Better get the orange paint out, or there's gonna be a lot of silver showing on those nooner TV games.

True fans show up for our team, not the opposing team. That is what is wrong with our so called "fans." You think ND, Michigan and Ohio State fans stay home when they play Appalachian State or some FCS school? That is why kids get excited to go to those schools. Just like hoops here. 30K loud and proud. We need an attidue change around here for football. And if anyone relies on the Athletic Dept to change it for them, then it will never happen. Too many excuses out of people.

True fans show up for our team, not the opposing team. That is what is wrong with our so called "fans." You think ND, Michigan and Ohio State fans stay home when they play Appalachian State or some FCS school? That is why kids get excited to go to those schools. Just like hoops here. 30K loud and proud. We need an attidue change around here for football. And if anyone relies on the Athletic Dept to change it for them, then it will never happen. Too many excuses out of people.

Yeah im sure the fans with this issue are really going to respond now, FYI this board is the diehards who will be thre no matter what. The people your post is directed to dont even know this board exists.

It looks like Syracuse is going for the communications championship with games vs Missouri and Northwestern. Tough game that Missouri game is and I don't know how many other schools are playing 3 AQ bowl teams from 2011 OOC.

Tough tough schedule. I look at it this way. What I save in season tickets I will spend in the Meadowlands.

this is great news for the student athlete. instead of playing in front of 15k grumpy CNYers against a d2 school, they get to play at Mizzou, in its innaugural SEC season, likely on national tv.

win/win/win.

True fans show up for our team, not the opposing team.

And have to pay an increased premium cost which was due, oh...the day before this announcement.

Sent from my DROIDX

a true fan can also listen on the radio

in-case you didnt catch it -su ISNT a state school

locals are its lifeblood, most dont have bank accounts big enough to travel -so they want to see good teams at the dome

i have had enough of the holier than thou fans-the ones who always blame the fans

I hope certain media members will ask how much $$$$ we are receiving to to go to Mizzou...(not holding my breath)...:(

do any other big east schools have only 5 home games?

I've seen a lot of good schools come to the dome like ND, Michigan, Ohio St, Texas, Tennessee and Oklahoma and rarely is it sold out and why it would be close is because of those schools fans coming here.

I get your point but saying Syracuse fans aren't as great because of this is oversimplified. I realize the situations in ND and even Michigan in Ann Arbor are a little different but I live in Columbus, OH and trying to compare OSU fans to Syracuse fans in that regard doesn't exactly make for a fair comparison. Syracuse population is roughly 660,000 and the Columbus is the 15th largest city in the US with a population of roughly 1.9 million. Syracuse has an undergrad enrollment of around 20,000 while OSU has one of the largest college campuses in the US and an undergrad enrollment around 53,000. Plus the percentage of OSU grads that decide to live in Columbus after graduating is much higher than that of a Syracuse grad. Basically schools like OSU have a much larger pool of fans to pull from. There are many OSU fans that don't go to the weak games. They end up selling their tickets to some other fan that can't afford to go to the bigger more expensive games.

They basically just have more fans than Syracuse. Although, theoretically I could see this contributing to having "better fans" as the perception is that everyone in the community supports OSU where as at Syracuse you get an unfilled stadium and that in turn generates a more negative opinion of the athletic program by Syracuse fans. Syracuse will never quite be able to compete in this way based on parameters out of their control.

We'll see...the 6 game Dome promise was broke in the first year. I know happens but I could've understood it better if Mizzou promised a return (with a $500k guaranteed) sometime in the next 5-10 years.

According to the Mizzou blog this is their Senior day.

1. Evidently Mizzou has finished its 2012 schedule ... with Syracuse. Via Troy Nunes Is An Absolute Magician, we see that Syracuse will come to Columbia on November 17 for Senior Day. That is ... well, that's awesome is what it is. We all assumed we would see another cupcake, but instead, it appears the home schedule is as follows: SE Louisiana (Sept. 1), Georgia (Sept. 8), Arizona State (Sept. 15), Vanderbilt (Oct. 6), Alabama (Oct. 13), Kentucky (Oct. 27), Syracuse (Nov. 17). Fantastic.

Nice to see they aren't call SU a cupcake. So are we a cheese danish?

do any other big east schools have only 5 home games?

Well, we had 8 home games a couple of years back. Scheduling is just such a biotch in the crazy, wacky world that is the Big East.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom