Low-fare Frontier Airlines coming to Syracuse

rrlbees

2017 ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
Staff member
Each upstate city should have at least one flight a day to DFW and IAH. Use one of the smaller 70-90 passenger jets that have First Class and extra leg room price points.
Used to be a direct flight from Syracuse to DFW on American. I flew it several times for business. Then they cut it probably about 10 years ago?

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Used to be a direct flight from Syracuse to DFW on American. I flew it several times for business. Then they cut it probably about 10 years ago?
Yup...it was cut during the recession. I flew it a few times too. The plane when I flew was full or nearly full. Although I think they were using the smaller 50 seat RJs as I remember.

Additionally, I have stopped using JetBlue to fly from Tampa to SYR. The layovers are really bad. When they cut service from 3 to 2 JFK flights a day it really screwed up their connection times in some cities (like Tampa).

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
which is crazy. Dallas has doubled in size since then.

rrlbees

2017 ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
Staff member
Yup...it was cut during the recession. I flew it a few times too. The plane when I flew was full or nearly full. Although I think they were using the smaller 50 seat RJs as I remember.

Additionally, I have stopped using JetBlue to fly from Tampa to SYR. The layovers are really bad. When they cut service from 3 to 2 JFK flights a day it really screwed up their connection times in some cities (like Tampa).
Yea, I don't remember the size of the planes but they were generally full, especially the flight down.

Marty McFly

Resident Lurker
Kind of mystified how Rochester got Southwest and Syracuse did not.
Only reason they got 'em was through the AirTran merger a handful of years ago. Wonder what the sticking point is with them and coming into the Syracuse Market... I also agree with the general consensus that Hancock needs a direct TX route - ideally with AA and United. Not only for Business, but it adds another use-able hub to connect through. Every time I see a new route open recently the planes fly near capacity, so not sure why it is so hard to lure new air service. High gate fees?

Top Bottom