LSU - Texas A&M ... now in 5th OT | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

LSU - Texas A&M ... now in 5th OT

You'll see in bowl season just like last year. Wasn't just Bama and UGA the others rolled too. We would have serious problems with LSU and MSU. Mond, Fitzgerald, Burrow, Tua, Fromm are all good to much better than good.
I’m not sure why you’re debating me on the merits of the SEC. I live in SEC Country. I think it’s, by far, the best conference. I also think we (#20 in the nation) are pretty damn good too and would love the opportunity to play an A&M, Florida or MSU.

I’m not sure why you’re debating me on the merits of the SEC. I live in SEC Country. I think it’s, by far, the best conference. I also think we (#20 in the nation) are pretty damn good too and would love the opportunity to play an A&M, Florida or MSU.

I mentioned five SEC squads that were very good. You came back and told me only UGA and Bama were good, The others not so great. We'd be TD or more dogs to MSU and LSU.

Incredible game. Literally incredible game. Just sucks LSU lost.

LSU = best SU road football game (actually for both sports) I have ever been to.

44cuse

I mentioned five SEC squads that were very good. You came back and told me only UGA and Bama were good, The others not so great. We'd be TD or more dogs to MSU and LSU.
You’re over there acting like you’re trembling as you type.. I said due to QB play we can hang with/beat anyone not named Bama or UGA. Does Felipe Franks scare you? That’s the most talented team outside the big 2, and they have one of the worst QBs in that league. Fitzgerald and Mond are solid but I’d take Dungey over both of them.

I’m just saying we can beat them and I’m not at all worried about what an SEC team would do to us because I think we can beat anyone not named Bama/UGA.

We would also boat race South Carolina. No idea what Clemson’s deal was today but that’s a rivalry game in which Clemson has beaten the everliving **** out of the Gamecocks lately and SC came to play tonight.

Well osu will jump LSU now.

If osu wins next week, are they in the playoff? I guess it depends on if oklahoma loses and Georgia loses?

Drunk rolling into our 3rd bar of the night watching the Bayou Bengals vs the Jimbos as they started the 7th OT

Wow what a game!

$100 handshake Ed Orgeron couldn’t get it done

Will go down in history as a Classic!

THANK GOD... our school name no longer has to come up when talking about the highest scoring game of all time!

Well osu will jump LSU now.

If osu wins next week, are they in the playoff? I guess it depends on if oklahoma loses and Georgia loses?

They shouldn't. OSU should be behind Oklahoma and Georgia. I assume Georgia loses. Assuming Oklahoma and Ohio State both win. I think Oklahoma beating Texas and West Virginia is better than Ohio State beating Michigan and Northwestern

And if Bama loses then neither team make it.

You'll see in bowl season just like last year. Wasn't just Bama and UGA the others rolled too. We would have serious problems with LSU and MSU. Mond, Fitzgerald, Burrow, Tua, Fromm are all good to much better than good QBs.

The SEC was 4-5 last year in bowl games.

You’re over there acting like you’re trembling as you type.. I said due to QB play we can hang with/beat anyone not named Bama or UGA. Does Felipe Franks scare you? That’s the most talented team outside the big 2, and they have one of the worst QBs in that league. Fitzgerald and Mond are solid but I’d take Dungey over both of them.

I’m just saying we can beat them and I’m not at all worried about what an SEC team would do to us because I think we can beat anyone not named Bama/UGA.

We would also boat race South Carolina. No idea what Clemson’s deal was today but that’s a rivalry game in which Clemson has beaten the everliving **** out of the Gamecocks lately and SC came to play tonight.

It's convenient for you to pick out Florida and SoCar but neither one of them is in the top six in the SEC imo and that's cuz Franks is a weak QB as u point out. Yeah I think SU could beat those teams but those aren't the ones I was referencing in my comments.

I also mentioned several SEC QBs that were very solid and didn't even mention the one that threw for 500 yards against Clemson last night. Franks stinks for sure.

But let me put a finer point on it, If you ranked the top twelve teams (properly, not with FLA #3) in the SEC and then matched them up with the top twelve teams in the B1G, ACC, P12 and B12 so that #1 played #1 etc. -the SEC would be favored in every single game and often by double digits. For that reason I'd rather see SU draw somebody from one of those other three power conferences. I think it would undeniably be a better draw for SU. Not sure what is so controversial about that.

Last edited:
It's convenient for you to pick out Florida and SoCar but neither one of them is in the top six in the SEC imo and that's cuz Franks is a weak QB as u point out. Yeah I think SU could beat those teams but those aren't the ones I was referencing in my comments.

I also mentioned several SEC QBs that were very solid and didn't even mention the one that threw for 500 yards against Clemson last night. Franks stinks for sure.

But let me put a finer point on it, If you ranked the top twelve teams (properly, not with FLA #3) in the SEC and then matched them up with the top twelve teams in the B1G, ACC, P12 and B12 so that #1 played #1 etc. -the SEC would be favored in every single game and often by double digits. For that reason I'd rather see SU draw somebody from one of those other three power conferences. I think it would undeniably be a better draw for SU. Not sure what is so controversial about that.
I’m only debating with you because it seems some fans here can’t comprehend that we’re actually good, and if we keep Dino long term, have a chance to be big time. We’re not inferior to many of the “vaunted” SEC teams.

Yea, the SEC is head and shoulders better than any other conference. However, I watch them all the time and there’s no reason why we should be afraid to play anyone outside of Bama & UGA.

I think we’re very similar to Florida, Kentucky, A&M, LSU & MSU.

Notice all those teams get their doors blown off by Bama & UGA more often than not as well.

This year, Dungey is a better College QB than Franks, Mond, Burrow, Fitzgerald and Wilson. Next year when our defense gets a year older and we infuse a lot more skill position talent, we’ll be closer to their level talent-wise - maybe not UF and LSU, but for whatever reason they can’t recruit QBs. Give Dino another year to build depth and we keep getting closer and closer to these teams in terms of what we surround our QBs with.

The SEC is awesome. That league clowns every other P5 conference this year and it’s not even close. However people seriously overreact to the league since their 330 games are usually incredible, Bama has owned CFB lately and now UGA has jumped into the mix.

Incredible game. Literally incredible game. Just sucks LSU lost.

LSU = best SU road football game (actually for both sports) I have ever been to.

44cuse

LSU was awesome. Clemson and Michigan were outstanding too. WVU and VT were great back in the day, you were always on edge because you felt the hate coming your way and you thought you could be jumped at any time. LSU, Clemson, and Michigan was just different level. I would love Cuse to do a home and home with Ole Miss before I die. I'd love to hit The Grove for a Cuse game. I'm sure TexanMark would get us a sweet set up.

I’m only debating with you because it seems some fans here can’t comprehend that we’re actually good, and if we keep Dino long term, have a chance to be big time. We’re not inferior to many of the “vaunted” SEC teams.

Yea, the SEC is head and shoulders better than any other conference. However, I watch them all the time and there’s no reason why we should be afraid to play anyone outside of Bama & UGA.

I think we’re very similar to Florida, Kentucky, A&M, LSU & MSU.

Notice all those teams get their doors blown off by Bama & UGA more often than not as well.

This year, Dungey is a better College QB than Franks, Mond, Burrow, Fitzgerald and Wilson. Next year when our defense gets a year older and we infuse a lot more skill position talent, we’ll be closer to their level talent-wise - maybe not UF and LSU, but for whatever reason they can’t recruit QBs. Give Dino another year to build depth and we keep getting closer and closer to these teams in terms of what we surround our QBs with.

The SEC is awesome. That league clowns every other P5 conference this year and it’s not even close. However people seriously overreact to the league since their 330 games are usually incredible, Bama has owned CFB lately and now UGA has jumped into the mix.

I can't argue with much you say here. I actually think SU is a very solid squad and I'm very pleased with how the season played out this year. And I agree with you on Dungey tho I think u underrate some of those QBs, particularly Fitzgerald who is like a carbon copy of Dungey in many ways. I'm not saying SU (or its fans) should be scared to play some of these SEC teams. Of course not. I'm just saying some of the other power conference teams would offer a better draw.

When we evaluate SU's results this year we're looking at games against teams like FSU, L'ville, Wake, UNC, NCS let alone the OOC teams. That's not to take anything away from SU but realistically these teams would get annihilated by any one of 7-8 SEC teams.

I can't argue with much you say here. I actually think SU is a very solid squad and I'm very pleased with how the season played out this year. And I agree with you on Dungey tho I think u underrate some of those QBs, particularly Fitzgerald who is like a carbon copy of Dungey in many ways. I'm not saying SU (or its fans) should be scared to play some of these SEC teams. Of course not. I'm just saying some of the other power conference teams would offer a better draw.

When we evaluate SU's results this year we're looking at games against teams like FSU, L'ville, Wake, UNC, NCS let alone the OOC teams. That's not to take anything away from SU but realistically these teams would get annihilated by any one of 7-8 SEC teams.
Fitzgerald to me is a poor man’s Dungey who stays healthy. Very similar but Dungey has another gear he can shift into.

I would love Cuse to do a home and home with Ole Miss before I die. I'd love to hit The Grove for a Cuse game. /QUOTE]

That's a great idea. They should do that. Good call.

44cuse

I went to bed early and missed this game. i was shocked by the score. I love the college overtime but I think either it should have a separate scoring system or that overtime numbers should be "unofficial". This was a 31-31 game at the end of regulation, 43-41 in overtime. Out basketball game against Connecticut was 71-71 in regulation, 56-46 in overtime. That means that 58% of the points scored in the football game were in overtime while 42% of the points in the basketball game were in overtime. And the basketball game was "real basketball" in overtime, played under normal rules. the football overtime is an artificial situation, with each team being given the ball on the 25 yards line. I think that's a very exciting way to decide the game but it seems unfair to the defense to say that they gave up 70+ points or to credit the A&M quarterback with six touchdown passes when he had only two in regulation.

LSU vs. Texas A&M - Game Summary - November 24, 2018 - ESPN

Syracuse vs. UConn - Game Summary - March 12, 2009 - ESPN

How about you freeze the individual and team numbers at the end of regulation and then give 3 points for a touchdown, 2 for a field goal and conversion on a scrimmage play and 1 for a conversion kick? the result would be the 'overtime score'.

I think the SEC is the best conference in America, consistently good from year to year. I think in certain years, other conferences could challenge that, (such as the ACC two years ago when Clemson, Florida State and Louisville were all strong). But the other conferences cannot maintain that consistency. I think if SU played Alabama or Georgia the result would probably be similar to the Notre Dame game. I think there are several teams below that as good as SU. Some may be superior. But I would be afraid to play them. We could beat them.

I'd love to see an annual ACC-SEC challenge, a weekend in September where the 14 ACC teams would play the 14 SEC teams based on their ranking the previous year. I think the SEC would normally win it but it would be fun and I think the ACC would benefit from it in the long run.

The ACC-SEC challenge

I think the ACC would have won perhaps 4-5 of those games had it been played this year, (By this year's Sagarin Duke, UNC, Syracuse and Virginia would have won). But it would put the country's attention on the conference and by competing with the best, the ACC would get better, just as SU has gotten better because they have to compete with Clemson, Florida State, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom