Lunardi’s Monday bracket | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi’s Monday bracket

Lipscomb, Belmont and Furman out
I think the committee will either take none of them or all of them. They’re either gonna favor the good mid majors over the mediocre P5 schools, or they aren’t. The strengths and weakness of those 3 resumes are very similar.

But but but...we suck so much! No way we’re in! Woe is us!!!!:rolleyes:
But, I digress. No, this team has digressed, from last year and from earlier this season. College basketball this year is so mediocre that we aren’t even on the bubble after all of this. Maybe they’ll all get healthy, discover chemistry, play team offense and defense and go on a tear. Go Cuse!

Two things can be true:

1) We aren't very good at all
2) The bubble isn't either

I think some people confuse "Syracuse is getting in" with "Syracuse is good".
Yep. It’s the story on this board the last 4 years. Most people tend to look us and our defiencies and say we aren’t good enough and won’t get in. But these people aren’t looking at the other teams on the bubble. We look at ourselves in a vacuum

Most bubble teams are bad and this year is no exception. Syracuse is every bit as deserving as any team that will be mentioned as being on the bubble.

The top 20 has #11 Purdue with 8 losses. 3 ranked teams have 9 losses. 9 ranked teams have 7 or more losses ?!?

Imagine now the resumes of the bubble teams.

so if we're a 9 noe this is reasonable to assume...

lose to bc/pitt, 10 seed
beat bc/pitt, lose to duke, 8/9 seed
beat bc/pitt, beat duke, 7 seed

if thats accurate that duke game would be huge for seeding

so if we're a 9 noe this is reasonable to assume...

lose to bc/pitt, 10 seed
beat bc/pitt, lose to duke, 8/9 seed
beat bc/pitt, beat duke, 7 seed

if thats accurate that duke game would be huge for seeding

Realistically...

What is the difference between the 10 and the 7 seed in the grand scheme of things?

I think the committee will either take none of them or all of them. They’re either gonna favor the good mid majors over the mediocre P5 schools, or they aren’t. The strengths and weakness of those 3 resumes are very similar.
Makes sense. I’ll say none, because when has the committee ever done something favorable for mid-majors and small schools?

SU is a 9 in the West (Gonzaga) with Baylor as the 8. He also has Ohio State in with an 18-13 (8-12) record in the 12/12 play-in vs. NC State, so that shows you how this tournament is struggling for teams.

SU is in. Exhale.

NCAAM Bracketology - ESPN
I really hope if we are the 8/9 game which I think we will be that we don't get Gonzaga.

NCAA developed NET rankings to help the mid majors. My guess is you will see several mid majors like Belmont and Lipscomb who lost in their conference tourney get in and some middling P5's (like Ohio State) left out.

Bracketology

Please use this link instead of Lundari.

Lundari has a proven record of not being that close, especially on seeding.

Bracketville Guy, over a good length of time, been very close on teams getting in and seeding

Bracketology

Please use this link instead of Lundari.

Lundari has a proven record of not being that close, especially on seeding.

Bracketville Guy, over a good length of time, been very close on teams getting in and seeding

Big difference. That guy favors the mid majors more.

Is Clemson really a play-in game team? Feels like we are better than that.

If history is a guide, NC State may need to win 2 games in ACC tournament. Their 353 out of conference ranking is a big issue. When SU has been left out when on the bubble, we’ve been dinged for either poor OOC strength or poor OOC wins along with subpar OOC strength.

Is Clemson really a play-in game team? Feels like we are better than that.

Here's my $.02 on that. Clemson is very similar to us, but because of Clemson's very tough early season ACC schedule versus our patsy one, Clemson has had to fight back all season to get back into consideration. Our very favorable conference schedule allowed us to at one point be 9-4 in conference, so it gave the perception that we are much better than reality may say. Proven by Clemson knocking the snot out of us in the 2nd half on Saturday and outscoring us by 19.

Funny how some say the ACC brass doesn't like us Yankees, not the case this season. Especially since the only good team we had to play twice was Duke...okay, Clemson too. ;):)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom