Lunardi's latest Bracketschmacketry | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi's latest Bracketschmacketry

No offense, but if that is your post you are better off just ignoring the thread. Complaining about the fact the bracketologist who is paid to give a new bracket each week by the World Wide Leader in sports and doesn't understand the basic rules for bracketing is a pretty big epic failure. I could care less about the teams as its more of click generating article, but the fact this "expert" can't even realize he made a major mistake is hilariously bad for the guy's creditability when he will paraded around Championship week as a bracketologist.
He (Lunardi) got confused and sent in last years bracket by mistake! Syracuse confused him going 19-0 again!

ESPN.com is doing a chat with Lunardi today at 2pm ET.

No offense, but if that is your post you are better off just ignoring the thread. Complaining about the fact the bracketologist who is paid to give a new bracket each week by the World Wide Leader in sports and doesn't understand the basic rules for bracketing is a pretty big epic failure. I could care less about the teams as its more of click generating article, but the fact this "expert" can't even realize he made a major mistake is hilariously bad for the guy's creditability when he will paraded around Championship week as a bracketologist.

I guess people take this crap a lot more serious than I do. I look over it for 10 seconds and move along with my day.

I guess people take this crap a lot more serious than I do. I look over it for 10 seconds and move along with my day.
I don't take it seriously, but expect the freaking person who is making the bracket to actually know the rules and not be stupid enough to be the top 2 teams from the ACC in the same bracket as 1 and 3 seeds. If Duke or Syracuse were in another bracket it wouldn't be hilariously bad, but atleast it would be following proper procedure. If a person has no accountability then they can mail it in. I don't except anyone to be perfect, but this mistake is hilariously amateur for someone who is billed by ESPN around Championship Week as an expert. Also, I pointed out legit flaws in a lot of his other seeds.

I don't take it seriously, but expect the freaking person who is making the bracket to actually know the rules and not be stupid enough to be the top 2 teams from the ACC in the same bracket as 1 and 3 seeds. If Duke or Syracuse were in another bracket it wouldn't be hilariously bad, but atleast it would be following proper procedure. If a person has no accountability then they can mail it in. I don't except anyone to be perfect, but this mistake is hilariously amateur for someone who is billed by ESPN around Championship Week as an expert. Also, I pointed out legit flaws in a lot of his other seeds.

Don't worry syracuse will still cruise though that bracket...hypothetically. In all serious I understand your point and he should be smarter than that.

One thing I've been thinking about recently is that we are more likely than ever to face a team familiar with the zone in our bracket. We used to be protected from playing Big East times until then Sweet 16. Now it's ACC teams. Problem is there are all those former Big East teams - Nova, Cincy, Gtown, Uconn, etc - that are no longer conference opponents and could now show up in the 2nd round or so. Come tournament time we never like to play teams familiar with the zone. These next few years that will be very difficult to avoid.

One thing I've been thinking about recently is that we are more likely than ever to face a team familiar with the zone in our bracket. We used to be protected from playing Big East times until then Sweet 16. Now it's ACC teams. Problem is there are all those former Big East teams - Nova, Cincy, Gtown, Uconn, etc - that are no longer conference opponents and could now show up in the 2nd round or so. Come tournament time we never like to play teams familiar with the zone. These next few years that will be very difficult to avoid.

I agree. the comittee also likes to have match-ups like that. I can easily see us playing a Cinci or UConn or Louisville on the top part of our bracket.

I hate them but Ohio State I have lots of respect for. Matta and Craft, too. We would ALL take a Craft on our team if we had no Ennis. But, they have regressed big time. I watched their game yesterday. We think we don't look inside well they really don't. They also are pretty small minus Williams. Ross is basically a guard and hovers on the perimeter. Lenzelle Smith, Shannon Scott, Sam Thompson and Craft are all guards. A bench worse than ours too. They just jack threes and aren't very good at it. Nowhere near as good as the Sullinger teams. Syracuse would take care of them. Craft wouldn't bother Ennis like he did to us in Boston.

When you consider that our old conference mates are in 2 different conferences and they are mostly eastern based schools, there is a very good chance at least one of them will be in our region. Probably 2.

OMG sign me up for this RIGHT NOW!!!111!! Absolutely a CAKE WALK to the reginal final and then one semi-tough game to get to the FF!!1!!

Mark (Charlotte)

C'mon and just address the fact you made a mistake with Duke and Syracuse in the same region.

Joe Lunardi
(2:18 PM)

It is a mistake (because of seeding, not conference conflict). The new bracketing rules this year will bring about at least the potential of many more in-conference rematches. As for my brain cramp, well, there's just a little ingrained behavior of 'Cuse being in another league...

Anyone parse this for me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom