Lunch at PJ's | Syracusefan.com

Lunch at PJ's

SUinNYC

2nd String
Did anyone go to the lunch today? Can you give those of us who are feeling hopeless some encouragement if you did?

If you don't want to post here, a PM would help this discouraged fan.:(

Matt Park@MattPark1
. @CoachMarrone was awesome at his PJ's luncheon today. He's got answers and a lot of work ahead. Come and listen if you can some Monday.

This doesn't cut it for me anymore. He's a D1 head coach at a BCS program, he SHOULD have answers. When did this stop becoming a baseline necessity for a coach at this level?

We NEED wins, period.

I am honestly rooting for the guy. I want him to put a stake in the ground and rip off a bunch of wins and win the conference on our way out of this awfulness.

But you aren't awesome for having answers. You are awesome for winning.

I actually saw that which is why I started this thread.

If I remember correctly, the info from the lunches are not to be posted here. Your request for the PM is your best bet.

No offense, but Matt Park is the "voice" of the orange. Doubt he's going to say:
"Marrone sucked today at PJ's. Didn't have any answers as to why we lost and doesn't know how to fix the problem."

If I remember correctly, the info from the lunches are not to be posted here. Your request for the PM is your best bet.

And why in the hell can't we talk about a public luncheon on this forum? Its not privileged information...

Coach is great on Mondays. Can't wait til he is great on Saturdays, too.

Seriously, the secrecy around these conversations is a missed opportunity for the small about of out-of-town advocates this program has.

I was at the Lunch...Not sure what Park is exactly talking about and from what I can tell he says much of the same stuff in the BE coaches conference call that he is on right before. He took full responsibility as has been stated in another thread and said there will be changes...espec. around the red zone...Expect to see our version of the "Bus" to finally get off of the bench...

And why in the hell can't we talk about a public luncheon on this forum? Its not privileged information...

Agreed. Literally anyone with $10 to pay for a hamburger can go to these things. It's not some super duper secret meeting with only top-level boosters or alumni. I didn't go, but if I had I would post everything he said without hesitation. Anyone that would argue the contrary is nuts.

I was at the Lunch...Not sure what Park is exactly talking about and from what I can tell he says much of the same stuff in the BE coaches conference call that he is on right before. He took full responsibility as has been stated in another thread and said there will be changes...espec. around the red zone...Expect to see our version of the "Bus" to finally get off of the bench...
Cool. Thanks for the update. Something needs to happen.

I'm just curious why it took 4 games to figure this out. He had all of spring and fall practice and 4 games to realize that running a sweep with Smith isn't our best chance to score? It just doesn't make sense.
I like DM and am rooting for him to succeed but at this point it is tiring hearing the same thing every week, blah, blah, blah...lets play well and win some games.

Agreed. Literally anyone with $10 to pay for a hamburger can go to these things. It's not some super duper secret meeting with only top-level boosters or alumni. I didn't go, but if I had I would post everything he said without hesitation. Anyone that would argue the contrary is nuts.

and if you did,you might be paying 10 bucks for a lunch w/o marrone

I think Coach needs to play a little more NCAA '13 or even some Madden. You find out quickly what plays you could/should be able to run with limited speed and/or power in just about any situation.

and if you did,you might be paying 10 bucks for a lunch w/o marrone

Was there anything stopping an enterprising young Pitt GA from attending today?

Was there anything stopping an enterprising young Pitt GA from attending today?

i have been to many lunch time meetings,have you? Marrone is smarter than that to give out game plans to upcoming opponets.He gives out good info about the previous games and the what happened and the whys,but not to the future. That was not a very good gotcha question

I'm just curious why it took 4 games to figure this out. He had all of spring and fall practice and 4 games to realize that running a sweep with Smith isn't our best chance to score? It just doesn't make sense.
I like DM and am rooting for him to succeed but at this point it is tiring hearing the same thing every week, blah, blah, blah...lets play well and win some games.

I may not agree with the call, but I know what the idea was. We got stuffed against SB using the same grouping and trying to punch it up the middle. Gave Minny the same group hoping they would expect the same thing and crash the middle. Unfortunately #13 didn't buy it and stayed home and keyed on Smith outside.

If we had Gulley in, the thought was provably that Minny would expect something wide. Maybe the best play would have been Gulley up the gut.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

i have been to many lunch time meetings,have you? Marrone is smarter than that to give out game plans to upcoming opponets.He gives out good info about the previous games and the what happened and the whys,but not to the future. That was not a very good gotcha question

I live 300 miles away, so no, I have not been. I did not ask a "gotcha" question, and in fact you made my point. There's nothing being discussed that would aid an opponent. Never understood why the need for the double secret probation treatment.

I may not agree with the call, but I know what the idea was. We got stuffed against SB using the same grouping and trying to punch it up the middle. Gave Minny the same group hoping they would expect the same thing and crash the middle. Unfortunately #13 didn't buy it and stayed home and keyed on Smith outside.

If we had Gulley in, the thought was provably that Minny would expect something wide. Maybe the best play would have been Gulley up the gut.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
That's a good explanation, but the problem with that is that Smith is SLOW. He has to know that Smith isn't going to get the edge, even if we fool them they probably have enough make up speed.
How many times this year have you seen Smith be effective running outside?
I'm sorry but if we can't get a yard against SB and Minny then this program has a much longer climb than any of us thought, and this has nothing to do with Grob. It's year 4, we should be able to get a single yard.

I like the idea of Gulley up the gut btw.

The lunches are a good time. How many college coaches have you talked with? HCDM is a very impressive speaker who enjoys the interactions with fans. Have not noticed many disappointed guests. I think HCDM is the only one who knows how far this program had to come. 300 miles away, he can learn from video games? Is your parent's basement a walkout? Love the posts sunshine!

In the past he requested certain things be kept off message boards. He talks to people in the room as if they are trusted friends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom