Mack Brown | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mack Brown

UNC has always gotten that caliber of player and had good to great recruiting classes. Their issue has been coaching and scheme, they have always had excellent talent.

EDIT - Would love to swap rosters with them and keep Dino as head coach.

Howell is a big deal. Stealing him from FSU last year altered things for both schools big time. UNC would have struggled without him and Taggart probably keeps his job with perception turning that they are on the rise.

Because that is good for the ACC.

Each conference has a team, or two, maybe three, that serve that role. When such a team is riding high, the league benefits; when such a team is down, the league is going to be perceived widely as being down. UNC is to the ACC as Texas was to the SWC and is to the Big XII.

What is most important in all that for the ACC is that UNC football hasn't won the ACC since 1980. In 1981, Ara Parseghian praised ACC football and predicted that the Clemson 10-8 win over UNC could mean the National Championship for Clemson. When the old CFB TV monopoly (that was largely controlled by the Big Ten for the benefit of the Big Ten and the Pac) was broken, the first CBS national broadcast was UNC at Pitt, with sports writers and TV talking heads stressing the rise of ACC football.

If UNC gets its football house in order and starts winning as a matter of course, the ACC will gain in stature with the media and with CFB fans from outside the ACC area.

I understand why especially Dook and NCSU fans but also fans of other ACC schools hate even thinking that could be true. But it is, just like it is true of Texas and the Big XII, Bama and the SEC, Ohio St and the Big Ten, USC and the Pac.

The ACC is the only major conference in which its 'IT school' has never won, never played for, a National Championship in football, the biggest and most important sport. UNC's football neglectfulness has hurt the entire ACC.

read this whole thing and subbed Miami for UNC and it made sense

Each conference has a team, or two, maybe three, that serve that role. When such a team is riding high, the league benefits; when such a team is down, the league is going to be perceived widely as being down. UNC is to the ACC as Texas was to the SWC and is to the Big XII.

What is most important in all that for the ACC is that UNC football hasn't won the ACC since 1980. In 1981, Ara Parseghian praised ACC football and predicted that the Clemson 10-8 win over UNC could mean the National Championship for Clemson. When the old CFB TV monopoly (that was largely controlled by the Big Ten for the benefit of the Big Ten and the Pac) was broken, the first CBS national broadcast was UNC at Pitt, with sports writers and TV talking heads stressing the rise of ACC football.

If UNC gets its football house in order and starts winning as a matter of course, the ACC will gain in stature with the media and with CFB fans from outside the ACC area.

I understand why especially Dook and NCSU fans but also fans of other ACC schools hate even thinking that could be true. But it is, just like it is true of Texas and the Big XII, Bama and the SEC, Ohio St and the Big Ten, USC and the Pac.

The ACC is the only major conference in which its 'IT school' has never won, never played for, a National Championship in football, the biggest and most important sport. UNC's football neglectfulness has hurt the entire ACC.
I think you're confusing football and basketball. I don't think anyone cares if UNC is good in football and it certainly won't help the league's perception. I have literally never heard anyone say anything about UNC football helping the ACC.

I think you're confusing football and basketball. I don't think anyone cares if UNC is good in football and it certainly won't help the league's perception. I have literally never heard anyone say anything about UNC football helping the ACC.
I think Mack Brown is going to knock you guys out of the top spot.

Reactions: gbo
I think Mack Brown is going to knock you guys out of the top spot.

UNC lost more games this season (6) than Clemson has lost in the past five seasons (4).

UNC lost more games this season (6) than Clemson has lost in the past five seasons (4).
Give him time. He should have got that win against Clemson this year. gbo knows there's a new sheriff in town.

• Wow
Amazing
I find it unseemly that hardcore Orange fans continually suck up to Clemson. I admire what they've accomplished, but it would be much better for Syracuse if they came down a bit.

CousCuse you continue to amaze. Don't change my friend.
How can an old dog change? Not very easily. Hope you guys win the Championship, gonna take your best game this year.

I find it unseemly that hardcore Orange fans continually suck up to Clemson. I admire what they've accomplished, but it would be much better for Syracuse if they came down a bit.

lol. I’m all for a team taking down Clemson. I only want them to do well vs teams outside of our own conference because its good for us for an ACC team to win the national championship.

I was more shocked at the assuredness that Mack would be the guy and Dabo is at all nervous about them

I’m going to save your post to share the next time somebody asks me why I hate North Carolina so much. The entitled, arrogant attitude of their fans is the number one reason.

Number two is that UNC basketball cheating scandal showed the ethical standards of UNCheat. Namely, you guys have no standards other than win at any cost. That you haven’t been able to parlay that willingness to do anything to win into football success is actually somewhat impressive in its own right - it makes me question the competence of your athletic department.

lol. I’m all for a team taking down Clemson. I only want them to do well vs teams outside of our own conference because its good for us for an ACC team to win the national championship.

I was more shocked at the assuredness that Mack would be the guy and Dabo is at all nervous about them
He has a NC when he coached the Longhorns and is recruiting bigly. And his hurdy gurdy dance is a strong counterpoint to Dabo's shanty jig.

Agreed.

It sounds like WoadBlue hit his head and got UNC confused with FSU or UM.

I hope you feel better soon Woad!

I’m tired of them getting all the best players at every position. I don’t root for Duke in basketball either.

Fair enough. I was more thinking in relation to the other playoff teams. Who all kill it in recruiting too.

I’d rather have an elite playoff team in my conference than not. I’d really prefer it to be my team lol

Unc with the #2 ranked recruiting class right now after picking up another 4 star player that chose Unc over bama. Mack brown getting after itttt

Unc with the #2 ranked recruiting class right now after picking up another 4 star player that chose Unc over bama. Mack brown getting after itttt

I was going to make this a thread yesterday. UNC is cutting checks.

I was going to make this a thread yesterday. UNC is cutting checks.
Lol it’s called free jordan sneakers and A LOT of them. Can’t underestimate the power of the jumpman logo with 18 year olds

Lol it’s called free jordan sneakers and A LOT of them. Can’t underestimate the power of the jumpman logo with 18 year olds

I'm 31. I have way too many sneakers and just bought the Jordan VI 'Defining Moments' yesterday. A Jumpman alone is not getting teenagers to go to UNC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom