Macky | Syracusefan.com

Macky

stumpy78

Walk On
Anybody want to comment on center play this year? Seems like all the concerns went away. Since the whole offense starts with him and any mistake is magnified, his name has hardly been mentioned. I remember one premature snap is about it. He must be playing pretty good.

Anybody want to comment on center play this year? Seems like all the concerns went away. Since the whole offense starts with him and any mistake is magnified, his name has hardly been mentioned. I remember one premature snap is about it. He must be playing pretty good.

Mr. Mac, let me be the first to say your son is playing lights out and we were crazy to prematurely hammer him. Been playing great.

He's been playing really well out there. People freak out about his size, and he is small. But there are a lot of small centers out there starting for FBS teams.

I think that there was a preconcieved notion by some that due to his last name and his size that he didnt deserve the scholorship or starting nod. So early on when there were some break downs on the line he was automatically blamed. But then those who actually tried to pay attention so that we could also jump on the wagon and bash him, realized it wasnt really him at all. He has done well, he didnt deserve the early criticism...but he certainly isnt perfect either. for an undersized true frosh, he is holding his own.

I have seen countless posts on this board about Macky that I didn't even bother to read. HCDM has said all along that Macky is good enough and can handle the position, and so far that's good enough for me.

Against certain teams he has been getting some help. The next 2 may also be that type of team. We'll see.

Louisville's defense is a challenge for sure. So is UConn. What's also interesting is all the talk on here during the off-season about the Dline and how teams like L'ville and BC ran over us last year late in the season and how would we avoid the same fate this year especially losing 3 DTs to graduation? Well, this week may be the first real test, but right now the SU defense is #15 nationally in run defense. Of course, that might in part be due to the fact SU is ranked at the bottom in pass defense.

Mr. Mac, let me be the first to say your son is playing lights out and we were crazy to prematurely hammer him. Been playing great.

You guys crack me up with your humor. I work in government and it is always amazing that when things are going smooth, nobody gets recognized for that effort. Screw up and you're on front page news.

You guys crack me up with your humor. I work in government and it is always amazing that when things are going smooth, nobody gets recognized for that effort. Screw up and you're on front page news.

Thats a good point. I was just messin with ya

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom