Made it home!! | Syracusefan.com

Made it home!!

Did you drink down there?
Pssst, ix-nay on the inking-dray. I told y'all that his beautiful girlfriend is working on civilizing him!

I can tell you from personal experience that flying back to Alaska from Chicago is virtually like flying to Europe. And he had to fly from New Orleans… And into Fairbanks, which hopefully doesn't require a layover in Anchorage and then getting on a little plane with four seats and a coughing engine for the final leg of the journey. What I am trying to say is that our friend Adam is a hero for making these jaunts to the lower 48 and I doff my hat to him. Even though I never wear a hat.

Alright, I finally got to a point at work where I feel like I can take a few minutes and talk about my week.
Disclaimer - I have a condition. This condition allows me to appear somewhat sober, but I'm really trashed. My memory of this whole trip is spotty, and I didn't take enough pictures to help walk me through it. I do not remember bar names, restaurant names, and the names of most of the people I met lol

22 hour flight to NOLA. Slept most of the way, had a nice 7 hour layover in Anchorage visiting friends.
Landed in NOLA about 6:30pm Wednesday evening. Quick Lyft to the hotel for a shower and we hit the ground running. Met up with our friends at a restaurant by the Monteleon. Something to do with an old saints running back. I didn't eat, I was beat from the trip and just needed a couple vodka redbulls to get going. After everyone else ate, we hit bourbon street. We'd hear good music, pop in, grab a drink, dance a few songs, and head to the next bar.

These. Freaking. Shotgirls. My goodness. They have long beakers filled with multi colored shots. She asked my girl if she wanted some, my girl said no, she jammed two shots into my girls mouth, two into mine, and I all of a sudden I owed her $20 lol. My girl doesnt drink much, so about the 4th time this happened, she was a wreck. I think we were back at the hotel by 2am. She passed right out, I was up until 5am sober and hopped up on redbull.

Thursday, my group got up and went to the cafe de mont or whatever. I needed some more sleep, so I met them at brunch after. No clue where. We took the trolly to the garden district because "it's so beautiful". We got to the garden district, stayed on the trolly, and rode it back. 2 hours on a trolly, still have no clue why we were on it. From there we headed to the rooftop pool at the Monteleon. Took a swim, had some drinks, My girl got some much needed sun. Met up with hungrychuck and his lovely girlfriend for a few drinks and some good convo! I believe we headed back to the hotel to get cleaned up, and ready to hit the streets. Headed down to Frenchman street for some music. Going through my text messages, I met up with Obie9 and Headmaster 9 SUFaninNJ orange_in_VA and mlbball99 (are you the one that text me "red"? lol) Had a great time chatting with all! My group dispersed pretty quickly, and if I remember right, orange_in_VA and I set off to meet up with my girl and some friends. Honestly don't remember much of that?

Friday we hit brunch at some fancy place. I was too hungover to eat. Normally the case for ol troop in the morning. Then we checked out of our hotels and headed to BR! We originally planned to rent a car, but trying to find a sober driver was impossible. Ended up taking a Lyft. Not a bad way to go. Got into BR checked into the hotel and headed for the Live After Five deal. I was still pretty hungover, as Consigliere might be the first board member to witness me drink water. When the rest of my group caught up we headed to Tsunami's, an amazing rooftop bar overlooking the river, with a view of Tiger Stadium. Pretty solid place, and a good turn out of Cuse fans. If I had known about this place sooner, it would have been the perfect place for a BR meet up. I smartened up and was able to get down about 4-5 jack and cokes before we headed to the room to get some rest. Had Jimmy Johns delivered to the room, first timer, not too shabby. Bumped into a bunch of locals (some in LSU gear, some not) and received plenty of "welcome to town, can we help you find anything? Do you have any questions? Swing by our tailgate tomorrow" I mean, everyone we bumped into was amazingly friendly.

PS- Did someone from the board head to the Live after five thing, hanging out with an LSU fan? Someone said "go cuse" to me a few times, but I didn't realize they were a cuse fan until they were walking away to leave.

GameDay. Up at 9, headed to the lobby for breakfast. I kid you not, we had a line of LSU fans at our table, waiting to ask us how our trip has been, wishing us luck, and more tailgate invited. We were floored with how nice everyone was. We headed towards campus around 10:30. Got dropped off near the single game RV lot. Talked to two cuse fans for a bit, and headed over too meet the rest of our group who had already met some LSU fans to party with. Had two beers, played a game of corn hole, then I guess someone in my group found out that one of the LSU fans was a complete racist (I don't know what happened) and we all headed off to find more tailgates lol.
NailstheCusefan12 and bnoro we tried 4 times to get to your tailgate, but every time we headed that way, we'd get turned around and stuck at an LSU tailgate. You guys were over at the baseball stadium right?

I bumped into Deano and his daughter, who let us tag along to another LSU tailgate with them. I forget the guys name, but he popped up a week before the game and invited us all over. Deano had kept in contact with him. Showed up, was introduced to the family, given plenty of food and beer, then Deano says "follow us man!". Dude that deano met, makes a plate each week for some of the stadium security staff. Fast forward 20 minutes and we are wandering around the stadium unsupervised about 2 hours before kickoff. It was insane. We had to split with them after to meet back up with my group, to try to find JDemo's tailgate. Found our group by the indian mounds, someone in our group had fallen and hurt their foot. LSU fans came flying out with bandaids and all sorts of stuff. We stayed there until we left for the stadium. Jdemo, I tried and tried to get over to you guys, I really should have had a map. Every LSU fan we encountered went above and beyond to make sure we had a good time. I still can't believe how friendly they were.

The game was insane, we were in the corner endzone with a crapton other Cuse fans, and were insanely loud. I wont comment on the game, but what an experience.

I know I bumped into a lot of you after the game, but I was a mess. Drunk, tired, hungry, lol It was a long day, and we were trying to figure out how to lyft the hell out of there. Quickly found out they have a 450% upcharge after games... squeezed into a car with some people in my group and off to the hotel we went. Made the 8am flight, home by 4pm, and at work Monday morning.

Every part of this trip was a blast. I know I left people out, please let me know if I did, I like to reread these recap threads when I'm bored sometimes, puts me in a good mood lol.
The next football game I go to, will be one with an official board tailgate. Would be much easier if I could just hit one location, party for 6 hours, and meet all of you. Missing Jdemo's and Mlbball's tailgates still has me bummed out. I'll catch you all next time tho.

Last edited:
IMG_9969.PNG

Alright, I finally got to a point at work where I feel like I can take a few minutes and talk about my week.
Disclaimer - I have a condition. This condition allows me to appear somewhat sober, but I'm really trashed. My memory of this whole trip is spotty, and I didn't take enough pictures to help walk me through it. I do not remember bar names, restaurant names, and the names of most of the people I met lol

22 hour flight to NOLA. Slept most of the way, had a nice 7 hour layover in Anchorage visiting friends.
Landed in NOLA about 6:30pm Wednesday evening. Quick Lyft to the hotel for a shower and we hit the ground running. Met up with our friends at a restaurant by the Monteleon. Something to do with an old saints running back. I didn't eat, I was beat from the trip and just needed a couple vodka redbulls to get going. After everyone else ate, we hit bourbon street. We'd hear good music, pop in, grab a drink, dance a few songs, and head to the next bar.

These. Freaking. Shotgirls. My goodness. They have long beakers filled with multi colored shots. She asked my girl if she wanted some, my girl said no, she jammed two shots into my girls mouth, two into mine, and I all of a sudden I owed her $20 lol. My girl doesnt drink much, so about the 4th time this happened, she was a wreck. I think we were back at the hotel by 2am. She passed right out, I was up until 5am sober and hopped up on redbull.

Thursday, my group got up and went to the cafe de mont or whatever. I needed some more sleep, so I met them at brunch after. No clue where. We took the trolly to the garden district because "it's so beautiful". We got to the garden district, stayed on the trolly, and rode it back. 2 hours on a trolly, still have no clue why we were on it. From there we headed to the rooftop pool at the Monteleon. Took a swim, had some drinks, My girl got some much needed sun. Met up with hungrychuck and his lovely girlfriend for a few drinks and some good convo! I believe we headed back to the hotel to get cleaned up, and ready to hit the streets. Headed down to Frenchman street for some music. Going through my text messages, I met up with SUFaninNJ orange_in_VA and mlbball99 (are you the one that text me "red"? lol) Had a great time chatting with all! My group dispersed pretty quickly, and if I remember right, orange_in_VA and I set off to meet up with my girl and some friends. Honestly don't remember much of that?

Friday we hit brunch at some fancy place. I was too hungover to eat. Normally the case for ol troop in the morning. Then we checked out of our hotels and headed to BR! We originally planned to rent a car, but trying to find a sober driver was impossible. Ended up taking a Lyft. Not a bad way to go. Got into BR checked into the hotel and headed for the Live After Five deal. I was still pretty hungover, as Consigliere might be the first board member to witness me drink water. When the rest of my group caught up we headed to Tsunami's, an amazing rooftop bar overlooking the river, with a view of Tiger Stadium. Pretty solid place, and a good turn out of Cuse fans. If I had known about this place sooner, it would have been the perfect place for a BR meet up. I smartened up and was able to get down about 4-5 jack and cokes before we headed to the room to get some rest. Had Jimmy Johns delivered to the room, first timer, not too shabby. Bumped into a bunch of locals (some in LSU gear, some not) and received plenty of "welcome to town, can we help you find anything? Do you have any questions? Swing by our tailgate tomorrow" I mean, everyone we bumped into was amazingly friendly.

PS- Did someone from the board head to the Live after five thing, hanging out with an LSU fan? Someone said "go cuse" to me a few times, but I didn't realize they were a cuse fan until they were walking away to leave.

GameDay. Up at 9, headed to the lobby for breakfast. I kid you not, we had a line of LSU fans at our table, waiting to ask us how our trip has been, wishing us luck, and more tailgate invited. We were floored with how nice everyone was. We headed towards campus around 10:30. Got dropped off near the single game RV lot. Talked to two cuse fans for a bit, and headed over too meet the rest of our group who had already met some LSU fans to party with. Had two beers, played a game of corn hole, then I guess someone in my group found out that one of the LSU fans was a complete racist (I don't know what happened) and we all headed off to find more tailgates lol.
NailstheCusefan12 and bnoro we tried 4 times to get to your tailgate, but every time we headed that way, we'd get turned around and stuck at an LSU tailgate. You guys were over at the baseball stadium right?

I bumped into Deano and his daughter, who let us tag along to another LSU tailgate with them. I forget the guys name, but he popped up a week before the game and invited us all over. Deano had kept in contact with him. Showed up, was introduced to the family, given plenty of food and beer, then Deano says "follow us man!". Dude that deano met, makes a plate each week for some of the stadium security staff. Fast forward 20 minutes and we are wandering around the stadium unsupervised about 2 hours before kickoff. It was insane. We had to split with them after to meet back up with my group, to try to find JDemo's tailgate. Found our group by the indian mounds, someone in our group had fallen and hurt their foot. LSU fans came flying out with bandaids and all sorts of stuff. We stayed there until we left for the stadium. Jdemo, I tried and tried to get over to you guys, I really should have had a map. Every LSU fan we encountered went above and beyond to make sure we had a good time. I still can't believe how friendly they were.

The game was insane, we were in the corner endzone with a crapton other Cuse fans, and were insanely loud. I wont comment on the game, but what an experience.

I know I bumped into a lot of you after the game, but I was a mess. Drunk, tired, hungry, lol It was a long day, and we were trying to figure out how to lyft the hell out of there. Quickly found out they have a 450% upcharge after games... squeezed into a car with some people in my group and off to the hotel we went. Made the 8am flight, home by 4pm, and at work Monday morning.

Every part of this trip was a blast. I know I left people out, please let me know if I did, I like to reread these recap threads when I'm bored sometimes, puts me in a good mood lol.
The next football game I go to, will be one with an official board tailgate. Would be much easier if I could just hit one location, party for 6 hours, and meet all of you. Missing Jdemo's and Mlbball's tailgates still has me bummed out. I'll catch you all next time tho.
You're my spirit animal.

IMG_1141.GIF

See you in miami for the cuse kansas Bball game?

Damn, post of the year consideration here. I mean, not only do I feel like I was there but also felt staggering drunk the entire time. It was a brilliant read but now I'm exhausted, hung over, craving Jimmy Johns and some croissants from some fancy french place.

Thursday, my group got up and went to the cafe de mont or whatever. I needed some more sleep, so I met them at brunch after. No clue where. We took the trolly to the garden district because "it's so beautiful". We got to the garden district, stayed on the trolly, and rode it back. 2 hours on a trolly, still have no clue why we were on it. From there we headed to the rooftop pool at the Monteleon. Took a swim, had some drinks, My girl got some much needed sun. Met up with hungrychuck and his lovely girlfriend for a few drinks and some good convo! I believe we headed back to the hotel to get cleaned up, and ready to hit the streets. Headed down to Frenchman street for some music. Going through my text messages, I met up with Obie9 and Headmaster 9 SUFaninNJ orange_in_VA and mlbball99 (are you the one that text me "red"? lol) Had a great time chatting with all! My group dispersed pretty quickly, and if I remember right, orange_in_VA and I set off to meet up with my girl and some friends. Honestly don't remember much of that?

Yeah we we re over at the baseball stadium but we should have probably headed to the main lots sooner as our lot was a bit dead compared to the others. Finally walked around the lots around 4-5pm. Meet you at ND next season lol.

I've said it once; I've said it a thousand times... This man is legendary! If there was one person that I know IRL that deserves a reality show it is Adam. That is a show I'd watch religiously every week. Cheers brother!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom