Mahoney Says To Start Rex | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Mahoney Says To Start Rex

North Carolina, after he made a desperately dangerous pass attempt.
Which was the last in a string of bad plays. My memory is that he got crushed on a play and things were weird after it. But, my memory about such things is pretty suspect anymore.

Why compare Tommy to King? It is no contest. Let’s be real about this. How many ACC QBs can you honestly say you would rather have Tommy than? You have to be fair and say they would play behind our Oline, but let’s be honest. From what I have seen thus far this season I only would rather have Tommy over Blackman from
FSU. That is it. I really hope the kid turns it around but if I’m being honest from all the body of work I have seen I only have him ahead of Blackman.
I agree with you on this, and it's not like tommy is that much better than james, definitely has a better arm but overall they are close. Their are alot of ACC guys who are ahead of him but it's not all that far, devito might be better than hockman from NCST but they have an overall much better team, I'm not sure who virginia is starting but besides whoever that is devito is near the bottom of ACC QB's anyway we spin it. It's on mr offense DB to be able to recruit quality backups, we should have guys who have legit P5 offers as QB's on the roster.

The QB is like the PG in basketball, it's their job to make the other players better.
THIS!!! TD no doubt does not have a group of world beaters but he's not exactly killing it himself, he makes his share of mistakes and then some, it's on DB that he can't recruit a serviceable backup

The QB is like the PG in basketball, it's their job to make the other players better.
Just like the PG, the QB is limited by the skills of the other players. Even more so - and the PG doesn't get sacked multiple times per game.

Why compare Tommy to King? It is no contest. Let’s be real about this. How many ACC QBs can you honestly say you would rather have Tommy than? You have to be fair and say they would play behind our Oline, but let’s be honest. From what I have seen thus far this season I only would rather have Tommy over Blackman from
FSU. That is it. I really hope the kid turns it around but if I’m being honest from all the body of work I have seen I only have him ahead of Blackman.
I don't know if comparing the qbs was the point of everyone's posts, even though it probably was with Hale's tweet, but that maybe our oline isn't that much worse than another team that's having more success. Of course, what he tweeted leaves out a lot of info.

THIS!!! TD no doubt does not have a group of world beaters but he's not exactly killing it himself, he makes his share of mistakes and then some, it's on DB that he can't recruit a serviceable backup
Not sure we do not have a serviceable backup. Never really see any backup given a real opportunity. Welch was really given one game last year and even though he was not perfect he did enough to keep it close for us to win. The backups need to be given real opportunities with practice time with the ones and real chances in games before we say they are not serviceable.

uh, what would he know about being a winning QB? aside from the bc game his first year, SU lost every game he played in that was something other than "3 carries" or "0-2 passing", ie, any game he had to put up meaningful stats. they are really reaching for commentary now.

kev.
Of course they are reaching. There is always a direct correlation between being a great player and giving good insight and commentary. Just like the only good coaches are those who were great players. The fact that he knows them is not significant either.

I don't know if comparing the qbs was the point of everyone's posts, even though it probably was with Hale's tweet, but that maybe our oline isn't that much worse than another team that's having more success. Of course, what he tweeted leaves out a lot of info.
I’m not exactly sure that was was the point either, I kind of just went off that. At the end of the day I hope TD turns out to be a fantastic QB and puts the post behind him, that being said I don’t see anything thus far that shows me that’s gonna happen.

Athlete meaning, he's one of those guys that would be a slot receiver or KR/PR at the next level. If passing was as valued in college as it was at the pro level, he wouldn't be a QB at this level. Never was one at Houston.

The NFL is changing and running QBs are in.

King will get drafted early.

Philly look very smart for taking Hurts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom