Mahoney Says To Start Rex | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Mahoney Says To Start Rex

No, not at all. You can check here.

43 of 61, 440 yards, 5 TD passes, 2 TDs running, 49 yards rushing

It is this game that put him ahead of Jim Brown for the most TD’s accounted for by someone at Syracuse. I think he deserves some time to say what he wants to say.

It is this game that put him ahead of Jim Brown for the most TD’s accounted for by someone at Syracuse. I think he deserves some time to say what he wants to say.

Additionally, do you have to be an all-star to have an intelligent opinion on football? I don't even understand this argument.

I don't care what Mahoney thinks. What does he know?

Interesting

The big question is how many of those pressures came off the blitz and how many with just a standard front? If those ratios are the same for Miami and us, then it's a damning stat.

Additionally, do you have to be an all-star to have an intelligent opinion on football? I don't even understand this argument.
It was more so those dogging on him rather than being an “expert”.

Interesting

Well it's not interesting. D'Eric King is an athlete playing quarterback. He ran at Houston as well. It's a very, very poor comparison by someone who is paid to do this for a living.

Well it's not interesting. D'Eric King is an athlete playing quarterback. He ran at Houston as well. It's a very, very poor comparison by someone who is paid to do this for a living.
So...you're saying Tommy's not an athlete?

I know I'm completely making this up but I remember someone talking about his ridiculous shuttle times...

But yeah, totally. Sitting duck. It's on the O-Line.

Well, if the pressure is coming from blitzing at the same rate for them as it is for us, it indicates our oline isn't much worse than Miami's.

So...you're saying Tommy's not an athlete?

I know I'm completely making this up but I remember someone talking about his ridiculous shuttle times...

But yeah, totally. Sitting duck. It's on the O-Line.

Athlete meaning, he's one of those guys that would be a slot receiver or KR/PR at the next level. If passing was as valued in college as it was at the pro level, he wouldn't be a QB at this level. Never was one at Houston.

Well, if the pressure is coming from blitzing at the same rate for them as it is for us, it indicates our oline isn't much worse than Miami's.

Also if the QB can take advantage of the blitz by air, the other team usually dials down the pressure.

Bottom line, it wouldn't hurt to have a QB that is skilled at running for his life. TD may be fast and agile but scrambling hasn't shown to be his "thing".

Would be a similar dynamic to Scharr/McDonald, if we had the McDonald part of the equation on the bench.

The big question is how many of those pressures came off the blitz and how many with just a standard front? If those ratios are the same for Miami and us, then it's a damning stat.
I don't know if anyone has done the same research in college where presumably there is more variation in line quality but I do know the nerd quant guys who follow the nfl all seem to agree that sacks are more on qbs than lines, mainly because guys change teams and the sack problems persist

It has been mentioned a couple of times that TD doesn't have the locker room and this points to that being a fact anymore.

I wonder if people resent TD because of the way Dino handled the Dungey situation and benching him for TD?
i saw dino bench dungey and dungey needed it. he was out of control. it did eric alot of good. i dont recall which game that was though

\=-0;T ][p 58

Athlete meaning, he's one of those guys that would be a slot receiver or KR/PR at the next level. If passing was as valued in college as it was at the pro level, he wouldn't be a QB at this level. Never was one at Houston.
You’re saying Miami’s QB is not a good passer but he has 4x the amount of completions as Tommy under roughly the same circumstances. Is this an argument for or against Tommy?

i think the controversy is who should we play other than rex or tommy? tommy would be a top 15 qb if he had a ol---and people that can catch the ball. w/o that he is terrible. who wouldn't be??? he is the most hit qb in the country. he should weigh his options and consider the transfer portal if there is a opportunity

Why compare Tommy to King? It is no contest. Let’s be real about this. How many ACC QBs can you honestly say you would rather have Tommy than? You have to be fair and say they would play behind our Oline, but let’s be honest. From what I have seen thus far this season I only would rather have Tommy over Blackman from
FSU. That is it. I really hope the kid turns it around but if I’m being honest from all the body of work I have seen I only have him ahead of Blackman.

It has been mentioned a couple of times that TD doesn't have the locker room and this points to that being a fact anymore.

I wonder if people resent TD because of the way Dino handled the Dungey situation and benching him for TD?
This is a ridiculous take. Anyone who watched the UNC game where ED got benched should understand it was the right move. ED was awful that game, in fact, it was probably his worst game at SU. I was shocked he wasn't pulled earlier as he was making terrible decisions. Even the crowd was getting pretty ugly in the 3rd quarter calling for TD.
Many of the great QBs have been pulled from a game because they were "off" for whatever reason. The coaches don't "lose the locker room" for things like that. Btw, ED started the next game after Babers was pretty emphatic he was still the starter.

This is a ridiculous take. Anyone who watched the UNC game where ED got benched should understand it was the right move. ED was awful that game, in fact, it was probably his worst game at SU. I was shocked he wasn't pulled earlier as he was making terrible decisions. Even the crowd was getting pretty ugly in the 3rd quarter calling for TD.
Many of the great QBs have been pulled from a game because they were "off" for whatever reason. The coaches don't "lose the locker room" for things like that. Btw, ED started the next game after Babers was pretty emphatic he was still the starter.
I said this some games that year that ED was hurt. He wasn’t letting go of ball correctly even though he never had great technique. Something was off. By ncst game I think he said f it and let it fly. After that he was different. Sadly I was wrong when I wanted td in there. Ed brought a fight to the team that I haven’t seen sinceArt Jones game against Notre dame when he was crushing all lineman in front of him. He has a will to win that carries beyond the stats. It lifts the whole team. That is a true leader in every way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom