Major Dome concert announcement this week | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Major Dome concert announcement this week

Really!? Pretty much it’s them and Pearl Jam from the 90s era who can sell out stadiums and arenas.
Yeah, I mean...I know they were a big band in the 90s.

But I had no idea they had that kind of drawing power now. I didn’t realize people considered them Pearl Jam level.

When you bring out Dave Chapelle to sing a cover from Radiohead as the first band to re-open MSG after Covid, then you're a draw.

Grohl is the most underrated icon in rock history. Nirvana alone but leading a band for nearly 30 years that has at times single handedly carried on the Live Rock show tradition. Add in Sound City, Sonic Highways and the other stuff he supports and is involved in....guy is a legend.

Saw the Foo at Blue Cross in (I want to say 08) half rock and half acoustic. I've seen the Dead, Bruce, Neil Young, Petty, Costello, U2, the Stones, every big country act you can name .....Foo live takes a back seat to nobody that I have seen.

I’d love to see Elton John. Are you kidding me?

1624455516962.png

Trivia question:

Only two concerts in Dome history had the stage at the East end.

Name them...

Foo is incredible but they are getting up there in age. Happy to see the Dome getting concerts again, presumably the students will get one for Block Party next year and maybe another before then.

Makes no sense.

Isn't it easier to have the stage at the West end where the garage doors are?

Especially weird because they can't sell seats in the gaps where the tunnels are in the west end.

Anyway, we've got a 25-ish friend who's a Fine Messer who said that Elton's Buffalo show the weekend of the FSU game a couple years back was amazing. So although his range isn't what it used to be, it's probably worth checking this one out.

Especially weird because they can't sell seats in the gaps where the tunnels are in the west end.

Anyway, we've got a 25-ish friend who's a Fine Messer who said that Elton's Buffalo show the weekend of the FSU game a couple years back was amazing. So although his range isn't what it used to be, it's probably worth checking this one out.
I would imagine it will be a lot harder to make use of the locker rooms on the west end as well with the stage so far away.

My guess is that they figured it best to direct the sound from the concert to the west, where there pretty much is nothing going on over the weekends, rather than towards the main campus.

Which isn't the worst decision ever made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom