Major Event at the Carrier Dome is Paul McCartney | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Major Event at the Carrier Dome is Paul McCartney

I get it, big show. But when I hear major of that I'm not really thinking Paul McCartney

Fair enough. What would be a major show in your opinion?

Fair enough. What would be a major show in your opinion?
I think the crux is event vs show.

For an event I'm not thinking of something along these lines... maybe an NFL preseason game, or a detailed announcement of renovations. A number of things in my mind could constitute event, but maybe that's a misinterpretation.

McCartney's a huge name, but, a major show imo opinion would be a band or act that is currently one of the tops in the industry. McCartney's mainly big bc of the Beatles. Wonderful in his current role, but not quite the same. I honestly put Billy Joel & Elton John significantly beyond him in their current format.

It's all about perspective I suppose.

Is that similar to seeing Lon Chaney walking with the Queen.

Saw Paul McCartney with my girlfriend at the Vet.
Doing the Werewolves of London!!!

That's uncanny!

That's exactly what I was thinking of!

Warren Zevon lyrics!

Wow.

It's like you read my mind!

I think the crux is event vs show.

For an event I'm not thinking of something along these lines... maybe an NFL preseason game, or a detailed announcement of renovations. A number of things in my mind could constitute event, but maybe that's a misinterpretation.

McCartney's a huge name, but, a major show imo opinion would be a band or act that is currently one of the tops in the industry. McCartney's mainly big bc of the Beatles. Wonderful in his current role, but not quite the same. I honestly put Billy Joel & Elton John significantly beyond him in their current format.

It's all about perspective I suppose.
I'm early 30's and I'm pumped to see him. I was hoping to be at the LSU game but I bought tickets to McCartney because there's a good chance that it won't happen. Several of my friends went to his shows in Albany or Toronto a couple years ago and said that he still sounds great and puts on a hell of a show. Plus how can you argue with the playlist? (And 41 songs!)

Paul McCartney Setlist at Air Canada Centre, Toronto

I'm early 30's and I'm pumped to see him. I was hoping to be at the LSU game but I bought tickets to McCartney because there's a good chance that it won't happen. Several of my friends went to his shows in Albany or Toronto a couple years ago and said that he still sounds great and puts on a hell of a show. Plus how can you argue with the playlist? (And 41 'ing songs!)

Paul McCartney Setlist at Air Canada Centre, Toronto
When I saw him at Yankee Stadium a few years back, he never left the stage during the concert. When his band mates took a break, that's when heated acoustic guitar or ukulele. The only thing keeping me from seeing him again is my hotel and plane reservations for New Orleans.

So the upper deck tickets seem to have moved pretty fast. Not sure if the second level is any good for concerts?

So the upper deck tickets seem to have moved pretty fast. Not sure if the second level is any good for concerts?

Also unless you're in rows A-E the acoustics stink. Gets weird with that overhang

Also unless you're in rows A-E the acoustics stink. Gets weird with that overhang

That's what I was thinking, we had extra seats in H for hoops this year and I hated the acoustics. Not the worst thing for basketball, but it's everything for a concert.

Appreciate the advice!

That's what I was thinking, we had extra seats in H for hoops this year and I hated the acoustics. Not the worst thing for basketball, but it's everything for a concert.

Appreciate the advice!

I almost pulled the trigger on 2 in 116 but for $384 I second guessed it.. then said F it - went back - all 3rd level lol so no ticket broker Dan for PM lol

I almost pulled the trigger on 2 in 116 but for $384 I second guessed it.. then said it - went back - all 3rd level lol so no ticket broker Dan for PM lol

I was able to grab 2 in 116, must be the ones you second guessed? :)

I know we might as well not even talk about it, but what about the service charge! It was 24.50 per tix, that's insane; plus another $2 per tix for facility charge, so if you want 2 tix you are spending $55 extra.

I know we might as well not even talk about it, but what about the service charge! It was 24.50 per tix, that's insane; plus another $2 per tix for facility charge, so if you want 2 tix you are spending $55 extra.

I liked when we used to enforce the anti-trust laws in this country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom