Major problem with the new seats… | Syracusefan.com

Major problem with the new seats…

Jake

Mod
And I’m only half joking here, but a lot of older fans- And let’s say “less nimble” fans - are struggling trying to step over the seats to get too different rows.

For years, fans were able to just walk on the benches or easily step over them to get to their row. Now I’m watching people literally fall trying to climb over seats from row to row.

I saw one “large fan” step on a seat bottom to get to the row behind, and nearly took out nearby fans doing so. It was like watching “Ox” run the obstacle course in “Stripes”.

And these were the sober ones!!

And I’m only half joking here, but a lot of older fans- And let’s say “less nimble” fans - are struggling trying to step over the seats to get too different rows.

For years, fans were able to just walk on the benches or easily step over them to get to their row. Now I’m watching people literally fall trying to climb over seats from row to row.

I saw one “large fan” step on a seat bottom to get to the row behind, and nearly took out nearby fans doing so. It was like watching “Ox” run the obstacle course in “Stripes”.

yikes, maybe a wakeup call for the less "fit" fans?

I love how the new seats look on TV and can’t wait to see them in person vs Stanford. My crew sits at the top of 326 and I always enjoyed being able to move around freely because it rarely filled in all the way. Can’t really do that with seats vs benches.

That being said, any older or less nimble person should only be using the aisles/railings to go north/south.

I love how the new seats look on TV and can’t wait to see them in person vs Stanford. My crew sits at the top of 326 and I always enjoyed being able to move around freely because it rarely filled in all the way. Can’t really do that with seats vs benches.

That being said, any older or less nimble person should only be using the aisles/railings to go north/south.
Why is an older person even attempting to climb over the seats? I'm in pretty good shape and have long legs, but at 78 wouldn't be stupid enough to try that.

yikes, maybe a wakeup call for the less "fit" fans?
Yeah. Doesn’t seem like a seat problem.
leslie chow GIF

Why is an older person even attempting to climb over the seats? I'm in pretty good shape and have long legs, but at 78 wouldn't be stupid enough to try that.
Agree. I don't think we have a seats problem. I think we have a poor decision making problem.

My gripe is my son and I are constantly standing to let people pass.. inget a couple times a game but its seriously like a 30 plus times a game..

Why not just walk through the rows and have everyone stand to let people through like every single other stadium?

My gripe is my son and I are constantly standing to let people pass.. inget a couple times a game but its seriously like a 30 plus times a game..
That is how it was for me last week. One group i my row went out also like 30 times. And they left a ton of junk strewed around.

I love our seats! I’ll be able to go to games until I’m 100 with those seats!

So Gary and I got new season seats in 301 on the 40 yard line. We are in seats 21 and 22. And people STILL kept going in front of us back and forth! Last week we sat on the aisle and it made me crazy. This was better but geez.

Guess it’s the beer.

Yeah the days of bench climbing are over. Why even try?

Nice thing this week is that 6 people in our row didnt show up. so those kids didnt go by 20x. Just one guy 3-4 times.

I am thinking the person doing the moving does the squeezing. I just turn a bit and make them do all the hard work if they cant wait until dead parts of the game.

Years ago my bro and I had seats at the top row on the fifty. It was great we had a shelf behind us. Once we saw a very morbidly obese guy struggling to make it up to an almost top row. He had to do the last few rows on his hands and knees.Took up what now would be 3 seats .. no way he could fit in a seat now.He and the 3 people with him took up about 7 spaces. My fear was he’d fall going down he would be like a huge boulder rolling over others . At least now there’s railings in the middle.

I took seats in the middle an aisle to reduce the walk bys…which are harder now with the seats. I missed the TD throw to Pena because some 25ish year old woman decided at that moment to barge her way in front of me to get another beer. She literally gave me the “is this a bad time?” look….im sure I responded with the “you’re ffing kidding me” look.

Speaking of shooting people looks, I was listening to the Ga Tevch broadcast of our game today as I was running errands. They said a couple of our players were visibly pissed at out student section for screaming while we were on offense in the red zone at their end. Specifically that it caused the delay of game penalty when we were in the wildcat formation.

Fran might want to meet with Otto’s army and go over the protocol. It may have been when the fans were trying to start the wave near the students when we were in the red zone there. Dumb.

The broadcasters also repeatedly said that our DBs were taking a way the QBs first option all day long and he had to resort to check downs. And that our defensive front was torching their OL.

I took seats in the middle an aisle to reduce the walk bys…which are harder now with the seats. I missed the TD throw to Pena because some 25ish year old woman decided at that moment to barge her way in front of me to get another beer. She literally gave me the “is this a bad time?” look….im sure I responded with the “you’re ffing kidding me” look.

Speaking of shooting people looks, I was listening to the Ga Tevch broadcast of our game today as I was running errands. They said a couple of our players were visibly pissed at out student section for screaming while we were on offense in the red zone at their end. Specifically that it caused the delay of game penalty when we were in the wildcat formation.

Fran might want to meet with Otto’s army and go over the protocol. It may have been when the fans were trying to start the wave near the students when we were in the red zone there. Dumb.

The broadcasters also repeatedly said that our DBs were taking a way the QBs first option all day long and he had to resort to check downs. And that our defensive front was torching their OL.
It was in fact the students who tried to start it but not sure that's what happened with the delay of game penalty in the wildcat. I thought it was a lets go orange chant, but it could have been the same one (chant + wave). Regardless, the players were annoyed and perplexed at the fans for the noise on offense.

This was my biggest concern - maneuvering in and out is a pain in the ass now, and everyone suffers from it.

It was in fact the students who tried to start it but not sure that's what happened with the delay of game penalty in the wildcat. I thought it was a lets go orange chant, but it could have been the same one (chant + wave). Regardless, the players were annoyed and perplexed at the fans for the noise on offense.
The same thing started in my section at the other end zone, but it stopped quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom