Major upset alert | Syracusefan.com

Major upset alert

I like your ironic title.

Just imagine what Duquesne would have done if they'd played duke at home tonight!

St. Louis was always a house of cards as a top 10 team.

Kinda like Wichita st as a 1 seed.

Have not been impressed w/ St. Louis at all. Have watched them 5 or 6 times now. Not a top-10 team, nor a top-4 seed.

Not sure about that. They're not unlike a number of great teams this year: Solid defense, questionable offense. Teams like ours and Arizona.

Have not been impressed w/ St. Louis at all. Have watched them 5 or 6 times now. Not a top-10 team, nor a top-4 seed.
Their other two losses were to Witchita and Wisconsin. As of now, they're definitely a top-4 seed

Let's see, down goes SLU, OSU, and UK. And Iowa and Memphis on the bubble tonight too.

Hey Marsh, gonna stay up to watch the Oregon-UCLA game too?

Major conference losses happen to anybody. Whatever league St. Louis is in, not so much.

Atlantic 10, which is probably better than any league top to bottom this year after the ACC, B1G, Big 12, Pac - 12, and ACK. Better overall than the Big East and SEC.

Let's see, down goes SLU, OSU, and UK. And Iowa and Memphis on the bubble tonight too.

Hey Marsh, gonna stay up to watch the Oregon-UCLA game too?

Thanks for reminding me. Bill Walton is the real draw for me, and he's been on fire so far talking about the afternoon nap's importance in the world of sports, etc.

Not sure about that. They're not unlike a number of great teams this year: Solid defense, questionable offense. Teams like ours and Arizona.
Except that those other teams have played and beaten some excellent/very good teams. Does St. Louis even have a single win against a team that will make the NCAA's? Neither St. Louis nor Wich St. deserve nearly the type of high seeds they are projected to get.

Except that those other teams have played and beaten some excellent/very good teams. Does St. Louis even have a single win against a team that will make the NCAA's? Neither St. Louis nor Wich St. deserve nearly the type of high seeds they are projected to get.

VCU, St. Joe's and GW are all projected to make the NCAAs. Two of those wins were on the road. They also won at Vandy. Kirbivore is right, the A-10 is the sixth best league right now, and SLU had a perfect record until tonight.

I don't get the hate for the Shockers. They made the Final Four last year and most of those guys are back, right? SLU has basically had the same team for the last three years. They took Michigan St. down to the wire two years ago. These are quality teams. I'd say it's just as much of a disadvantage as an advantage to play in lesser conferences.

:rolling:

What's so funny? I get it, they're at an advantage because they don't get to play as many quality opponents. They're also at a disadvantage...because they don't get to play as many quality opponents.

Sheesh, we just lost to BC a week ago.

we've also beaten minnesota, cal, baylor, indiana, st johns, villanova, north carolina, pitt x2, duke. who have the shockers beat?

VCU, St. Joe's and GW are all projected to make the NCAAs. Two of those wins were on the road. They also won at Vandy. Kirbivore is right, the A-10 is the sixth best league right now, and SLU had a perfect record until tonight.

I don't get the hate for the Shockers. They made the Final Four last year and most of those guys are back, right? SLU has basically had the same team for the last three years. They took Michigan St. down to the wire two years ago. These are quality teams. I'd say it's just as much of a disadvantage as an advantage to play in lesser conferences.

Not saying they are not decent teams just that they don't deserve the high seeds over teams losing more but playing MUCH tougher competition. They have also nearly lost several times to piss poor competition in league play.

What's so funny? I get it, they're at an advantage because they don't get to play as many quality opponents. They're also at a disadvantage...because they don't get to play as many quality opponents.
Sorry I thought you meant, like, disadvantage in putting up gaudy records.
WSU nor SLU have really beaten anyone yet. I've watched them both play several times this year. We'll see how good they are when it really matters.

Not saying they are not decent teams just that they don't deserve the high seeds over teams losing more but playing MUCH tougher competition. They have also nearly lost several times to piss poor competition in league play.

So have we. So has Florida and Arizona.

we've also beaten minnesota, cal, baylor, indiana, st johns, villanova, north carolina, pitt x2, duke. who have the shockers beat?

Other than Duke, UNC, Nova and Pitt, you're listing a bunch of bubble teams...and Pitt is on the verge of becoming one. BC is worse than Duquesne, so we're really not in a position to laugh. That's all I'm saying.

The Shockers were in the Final Four last year, so it's not like they came out of nowhere. SLU remains their best win, but that's a quality win.

If anyone cares, UCLA has cut the deficit to 2 in a pretty darn good rally! I was only listening for Walton, but now it's become an interesting game.

Edit: it just got less interesting after a clutch 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom