Malachi Richardson has died of dysentery | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Malachi Richardson has died of dysentery

A phenomenon like Oregon Trail may never happen again. The Apple II had a solid 10-12 year run as the hardware of choice in schools.

Oregon Trail is one of the technological ties that binds a generation of publicly educated Americans together.

Also, they made it in to a card game. You can buy it on Amazon. I've heard it's fun.

There are only a few teams that contend each year yes, but it's because the nature of the sport. Unlike other sports, one guy can truly carry a team. Individual ability matters much more in basketball just based on the point of the sport. And the top guys are just that good. And... Home court matters much more in basketball.

Can you imagine what James harden or Anthony Davis would be doing right now in a college game?

There are only a few teams that contend each year yes, but it's because the nature of the sport. Unlike other sports, one guy can truly carry a team. Individual ability matters much more in basketball just based on the point of the sport. And the top guys are just that good. And... Home court matters much more in basketball.

Can you imagine what James harden or Anthony Davis would be doing right now in a college game?

Probably not a whole lot, since they both would've exhausted their eligibility.

(Davis was a surprise to me, TBH. Time flies.)

Probably not a whole lot, since they both would've exhausted their eligibility.

(Davis was a surprise to me, TBH. Time flies.)
My point is... Forget eligibility. I mean just put one of these guys into a college game right now. The domination would be just ridiculous.

Serious question- what would Westbrook average in a college game?

And Westbrook is a perfect rebuttal to the person who said the NBA is lacking in skill development. Russell Westbrook averaged 13 points, 4 assists, and 4 rebounds per game as a sophomore in college.

This is not true. Syracuse fans tend to be fans of the Knicks. If you are basing your idea of what the NBA is on the Knicks, I can see why someone would think the NBA isn't that great a thing.

I'm sure if you did a survey of local non-alum SU fans their NBA allegiances are all over the map. The Knicks might be the most popular pick but it's nowhere near the dominance that local fans have for the Giants/Bills or Yankees/Mets.

call 911 stat, a NBA career is flat lining

2e3e7bed75c597b41542210779eaf312.jpg

And Westbrook is a perfect rebuttal to the person who said the NBA is lacking in skill development. Russell Westbrook averaged 13 points, 4 assists, and 4 rebounds per game as a sophomore in college.

A lot of guys improve so much. Westbrook is one of them. Hell, looking at Curry in college, he was great but who pegged him for an MVP and the face of a franchise?

Serious question- what would Westbrook average in a college game?

Triple Double the entire season easily.

Probably about 30-35 points per game, 15 rebounds, 12 assists. Probably nearly 5 steals and a couple blocks a game too.

If you stuck him on the current Syracuse team we'd be automatically the team to beat for the title, and likely would run the table the rest of the way.

D for dislike, unless it's double Ds. I dislike when people label 20 million diffferent things under the blanket of the D-word, drugs. Anyone who has accidentally at work mixed up their caffeine and quaaludes pills in their pants pocket knows that not all drugs are in the same league, any more than all players are! This tendency to overgeneralize is troubling, possibly even to Sherman himself.

True but the pro game is 8 minutes longer and he played with (I think) a 35 second shot clock. And for a PG the handchecking and such in college isn't allowed in the NBA.

Probably about 30-35 points per game, 15 rebounds, 12 assists. Probably nearly 5 steals and a couple blocks a game too.

If you stuck him on the current Syracuse team we'd be automatically the team to beat for the title, and likely would run the table the rest of the way.
So then, he'd be a poor man's Pistol Pete Maravich? ;)

Obviously you're entitled to your opinion, but the NBA is not a joke. The level of play right now is unbelievably high -- probably the best it's ever been.
That's not true at all. They have adjusted the rules to make it more entertaining but guys still can't shoot, pass, box out, or play defense. The Warriors and Cavs would never get a title against the Magic Lakers, Bird's Celts, or MJ's Bulls. The Euros are among the only fundamentally sound players in the league. Yes, I know there are exceptions, but that's what they are: exceptions. The league is bigger, faster, and flashier but if you consider fundamentals a part of level of play...it is not at a higher level.

That's not true at all. They have adjusted the rules to make it more entertaining but guys still can't shoot, pass, box out, or play defense. The Warriors and Cavs would never get a title against the Magic Lakers, Bird's Celts, or MJ's Bulls. The Euros are among the only fundamentally sound players in the league. Yes, I know there are exceptions, but that's what they are: exceptions. The league is bigger, faster, and flashier but if you consider fundamentals a part of level of play...it is not at a higher level.

Guys can't shoot? I'd say there's a higher percentage of guys in the league right now that can shoot than ever before.

Guys can't shoot? I'd say there's a higher percentage of guys in the league right now that can shoot than ever before.
Yeah, that one makes no sense to me at all. You rarely see offensive rebounds since so many shots go down. It's almost boring.

That's not true at all. They have adjusted the rules to make it more entertaining but guys still can't shoot, pass, box out, or play defense. The Warriors and Cavs would never get a title against the Magic Lakers, Bird's Celts, or MJ's Bulls.

Those Laker and Celtic teams would be absolutely overwhelmed by the amount of offense this Warrior team can generate. They simply don't have enough three point shooters to compete.

The 1985 Laker team attempted a total of 295 threes the entire season. Steph Curry by himself made 402 threes last year.

Do you really think Westbrook would get PT ahead of Frank?

Those Laker and Celtic teams would be absolutely overwhelmed by the amount of offense this Warrior team can generate. They simply don't have enough three point shooters to compete.

The 1985 Laker team attempted a total of 295 threes the entire season. Steph Curry by himself made 402 threes last year.

Imagine Parrish trying to guard some of today's more mobile 3-point shooting centers. Good Lord that would be ridiculous. Of course he'd take them all inside and embarrass them.

I'm not sure if there is any thread topic (i.e our early entrants) that causes as much division on this board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom