Malachi taking advantage of his pro status | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Malachi taking advantage of his pro status

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has apparently become non sequitur headquarters.

I don't think either of our posts were irrelevant. They were in response to MR's 'hater' comment. There's no hate here, only a difference of opinion on if should of stayed or not.

As far as the topic of this thread goes, I strongly believe that his asking for $10 is incredibly tacky at best...

Briancuse said:
Malachi has to stop with this hate nonsense, thinking a player could use another year of college, isn't hating .

Thinking you know better than him when your not him is kinda close.

Malachi has to stop with this hate nonsense, thinking a player could use another year of college, isn't hating .

Criticizing his decision an predicting he will toil in the d league and fail to get another contract is hateung on the guy. And there are plenty of people out there doing that

Who are these people paying for autographs...and why? As a kid I got a ton of autographs(once I got close to the players age, I was no longer interested). Some played for Cuse, most were pro's. Some were scrubs, some were superstars, some were in between. Never paid a cent for any of them. I can't fathom paying for an autograph. Paying would seem to defeat the whole purpose of getting an autograph.

Who are these people paying for autographs...and why? As a kid I got a ton of autographs(once I got close to the players age, I was no longer interested). Some played for Cuse, most were pro's. Some were scrubs, some were superstars, some were in between. Never paid a cent for any of them. I can't fathom paying for an autograph. Paying would seem to defeat the whole purpose of getting an autograph.

Getting someone's autograph goes with a story, I ran into so and so and he signed this for me. Paying for an autograph, what kind of story is that? I paid so and so for their autograph along with 500 other people, who cares.

Briancuse said:
Jb said the same things, does he know better than Jb?

No - but both know better than you.

FairfaxOrange said:
So how does his post offer any implication of "knowing him better than him"?

If you think he made a mistake and you don't know him personally and have met with scouts, coaches, etc. - you're making an uniformed decision.

If you have 1/10th the info you don't know as much as the player.

If you think he made a mistake and you don't know him personally and have met with scouts, coaches, etc. - you're making an uniformed decision.

If you have 1/10th the info you don't know as much as the player.

His coach didn't agree on his decision, and it seems like the scouts had mixed feelings on him.

say he signs 100 autographs that's a grand, and now that he's making "the big bucks " is that even worth it?

prob has to give at least 10% to his agent.

Briancuse said:
His coach didn't agree on his decision, and it seems like the scouts had mixed feelings on him.

When you're making a big choice, all the people you ask point you in the same direction? You seek out a lot of opinions and weigh the other things and the you choose YOUR path.

And all of those he asked have more info than just about everyone here so my point stands.

Just root for the kid.

Wow this thread is painful to read...Folks either still harping on Mali or a bunch of holier then thou's feeling they need to be the "protectors" for a young man who can I'm sure take care of himself...geez folks you ALL should relax...check out the football board and check out all the great new recruits...time to put bullet in this thread...oh and Georgetown still sucks! Peace out

It would be sweet if you saw Mali walking around somewhere random and you asked him for an autograph and he asked you for 10 bucks.

Sure, and they could give him their wallet and car as well.

People will complain about anything. If you don't like it, don't pay for the autograph. It's not like he is stealing their money. They don't have to get the autograph. Why do people get worked up about things that do not concern them? This happens all over America. It is the day we live in. The same day that we can have a 7 page thread of people complaining about it.

Should be pointed out that Boeheim probably had more riding on this one than on any others. He's human and he's got a job to do...if Malachi came back we'd probably have a really good chance(as much as that exists in a 1 and done format) at making another final four and maybe winning it. From next year's team perspective, losing him sucks.

Boeheim rightfully pointed out that Chad Ford doesn't really know, and that you've gotta get with the right team if you're a late first rounder. We've probably gotten so used to guys like Calipari just saying all kinds of crap that we know isn't true and that he doesn't believe to pump his guys up, that when someone like Boeheim speaks realistically we take it as "not supporting the decision".

Should be pointed out that Boeheim probably had more riding on this one than on any others. He's human and he's got a job to do...if Malachi came back we'd probably have a really good chance(as much as that exists in a 1 and done format) at making another final four and maybe winning it. From next year's team perspective, losing him sucks.

Boeheim rightfully pointed out that Chad Ford doesn't really know, and that you've gotta get with the right team if you're a late first rounder. We've probably gotten so used to guys like Calipari just saying all kinds of crap that we know isn't true and that he doesn't believe to pump his guys up, that when someone like Boeheim speaks realistically we take it as "not supporting the decision".

I think Jb really feels like he needed another year of college, he tells players to go when they are ready.

This thread is sad.

For those that think charging $10 for an autograph means anything at all... go read the world news on a reputable media site, or a newspaper of record. Simply take 10-15 minutes. Then come back and say charging for autographs matter. This is so damn insignificant.

This thread is sad.

For those that think charging $10 for an autograph means anything at all... go read the world news on a reputable media site, or a newspaper of record. Simply take 10-15 minutes. Then come back and say charging for autographs matter. This is so damn insignificant.
I think a person can do everything you just recommended, and still come back feeling like malachi sounds/or is acting like a tool. that's all this thread is about. the dude is probably some kind of self-centered tool which ironically will either be his rise or downfall in the nba. either he is so self-centered that he works so hard he makes it, or he is so self-centered that he doesn't think he needs to work and doesn't make it. or he just isn't good enough. either way the deck is stacked against him and I wish him the best.

I think a person can do everything you just recommended, and still come back feeling like malachi sounds/or is acting like a tool. that's all this thread is about. the dude is probably some kind of self-centered tool which ironically will either be his rise or downfall in the nba. either he is so self-centered that he works so hard he makes it, or he is so self-centered that he doesn't think he needs to work and doesn't make it. or he just isn't good enough. either way the deck is stacked against him and I wish him the best.

Or he came from a different background than you and I and therefore has a different worldview.

He is young. Let him learn and grow.

I don't know him personally. But I'm sure he is not a "self-centered tool." Not a chance.

Some kids grow up without knowing where their next meal is coming from. Not saying he did, but we all grow up under different circumstances.

I doubt those criticizing him for this grew up without interruptions in electricity, heat, and water service. We aren't all trust fund babies.

Huge Mali fan, I've stuck up for him whenever necessary and he can do what he feels is best for him. This one is a bit strange. Better than getting loans from his agent or others though. I'm sure he's done that anyway, but some extra cash never hurts. That said, in your hometown at a HS. Would be cool if like 13 and under got free autographs or something at least. I wouldn't prosper off the kids that look up to you. Show them that fame, and money aren't the most important things in life.

All that said, this is pretty miniscule. Hate that he went to Sac Town, but may be the best for the boards sanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom