Malachi - Trust the Process Young Man | Syracusefan.com

Malachi - Trust the Process Young Man

Saves the Raptors over $3M in luxury tax. That's the only reason it was done.

Yikes...what is that 4 active nba players right now? For all the early entries recently thats very blahhhh

When will these guys realize the goal should be to leave when you are ready so you can stick in the nba and not merely get drafted for short money and be out of the league in 2-3 years? As Coack K once said, it is about getting the second contract not the first. Just ask:
Donte Green
Tyler Ennis
Chris Mccullough
Malachi
Tyler Lydon

Did anyone on this board think any of these guys were physically ready for the NBA? I know the NBA drafts on potential but you have to be somewhat athletically ready.
In case anyone thinks I missed Flynn, he was ready physically. He just got unlucky with injuries.

When will these guys realize the goal should be to leave when you are ready so you can stick in the nba and not merely get drafted for short money and be out of the league in 2-3 years? As Coack K once said, it is about getting the second contract not the first. Just ask:
Donte Green
Tyler Ennis
Chris Mccullough
Malachi
Tyler Lydon

Did anyone on this board think any of these guys were physically ready for the NBA? I know the NBA drafts on potential but you have to be somewhat athletically ready.
In case anyone thinks I missed Flynn, he was ready physically. He just got unlucky with injuries.
Why do you assume they would have better careers had they stayed longer?

Donte Green
Tyler Ennis
Chris Mccullough
Malachi
Tyler Lydon

College won't develop your game more than playing against pro's will. Most, if not all, of the guys listed have made more money already than 90% of people will make in a lifetime. All of those guys were physically ready for the NBA. It's not the NFL. Another year of college won't make you run faster or jump higher.

Donte Green
Tyler Ennis
Chris Mccullough
Malachi
Tyler Lydon

I mean, each of them has/or will soon made 3 million or more

Donte Green
Tyler Ennis
Chris Mccullough
Malachi
Tyler Lydon

I think Ennis left at the right time. He was never going to be more sought after than he was after his freshman year.
Malachi was never going to be more sought after than he was after those 20 minutes against UVA. If they didn’t leave when they did, they might not have ever gotten the first contract.

Yikes...what is that 4 active nba players right now? For all the early entries recently thats very blahhhh
I think that this could be reflective of the quality of players SU has been getting recently.

Then again, SU has never really produced a lot of NBA players with staying power. There are only 10 SU players who have eclipsed 500 NBA games played, similar to MSU. UK is up near 30 players, and KU has 22.

[
Malachi was never going to be more sought after than he was after those 20 minutes against UVA. If they didn’t leave when they did, they might not have ever gotten the first contract.

And that's the danger of picking someone based solely on their NCAAT performance. Not that I blame Malachi - strike when the iron is hot. The scouts should know better.

[

And that's the danger of picking someone based solely on their NCAAT performance. Not that I blame Malachi - strike when the iron is hot. The scouts should know better.
Why was he bad at #22 in the draft?

Why do you assume they would have better careers had they stayed longer?
Fair question. I think guys who are physically ready or at least close are more likely to succeed. Ennis and Lydon did not look like NBA players. McCullough was injured and had no experience. Contrast them with a guy like Tatum, Donovan Mitchell, Jaylen Brown et al who at least came to the league at least ready to compete athletically.

I mean, each of them has/or will soon made 3 million or more
Contrast that with the money Grant will make or others who earn a second contact. That money goes quickly after taxes, agent fees and union dues.

Contrast that with the money Grant will make or others who earn a second contact. That money goes quickly after taxes, agent fees and union dues.
You're assuming that anyone who stays in college longer is good enough to earn a second contract. Playing in the NBA is hard. More often than not, quasi-NBA players are just that, not good enough to stick.

You're assuming that anyone who stays in college longer is good enough to earn a second contract. Playing in the NBA is hard. More often than not, quasi-NBA players are just that, not good enough to stick.
Yeah, you know, when guys stayed longer, guys still washed out early from the NBA. It's weird.

And when you make your money, do you not have to pay taxes? Do you not have bills?

Just because a player leaves school early and doesn't pan out in the NBA does not mean they wouldn't have fizzled if they stayed at the school you cheer for. My god. We do this every year.

Tyus Battle is a def lottery pick now because he stayed this year, right?
Understood but Tyus basically hit his ceiling as a sophomore. He is strong and athletic and really can't improve much more at Cuse. He is basically the same guy he was last year. Ennis on the other hand looked like a teenager. He needed to get stronger and improve his shot, as small guys without an outside shot don't last in the league. Lydon similarly did not have the body of an nba player plus he had not developed a low post game. I think they would have had a better chance to stay in the league had they been more physically ready and polished.
Dion on the other hand was somewhat raw but physically ready. Like a different species that Ennis.

[

Malachi wasn’t drafted solely on 20 minutes against UVA or his NCAAT performance. He averaged 14 ppg in ACC play on 42% from 3. He had a good freshman season. He also shot very well at the combine and had great measureables-7 ft wingspan. Malachi had what the NBA values, length and shooting, and seemed like a good fit for the league.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom