Mali...back or not poll | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Mali...back or not poll

I've never thought he was coming back, even before he declared. Kid wants to be one and done. What can you do.

If he's a rich kid - he stays.
If he's a poor kid - he goes.
Don't know which applies. That's how I'd act if I was in his shoes. Without remorse.

I will say this, everything logical pointed to us getting in the tourney this year, and most of us though the selection committee would screw us over, and that worked out, maybe our luck is changing.

Back, back, back
chrisx-large.jpg

Back

I was one of the few in the beginning before all the hard work by JNCUSE that knew we were still alive when almost everybody said we have no chance most people here assume the negative and prepare for that

just because Jeremy Grant and Tyler Ennis Mccoulugh left that does not have anything to do with Malachi Richardson

I also I'm on record text messaging when we were down 16 to Virginia that the game was not over and we could still win

Back

I was one of the few in the beginning before all the hard work by JNCUSE that knew we were still alive when almost everybody said we have no chance most people here assume the negative and prepare for that

just because Jeremy Grant and Tyler Ennis Mccoulugh left that does not have anything to do with Malachi Richardson

I also I'm on record text messaging when we were down 16 to Virginia that the game was not over and we could still win
And I'm sure you said the same thing with the UNC game.

We all know there is a lot to be determined with Malachi Richardson. If Syracuse lost in the first round against Gonzaga I don't think Malachi goes near the NBA draft but we had a great run and he was a big part of it. I just want to know everyone's opinion. HE BACK or HE GONE

Personally

HE GONE

It is 100% dependent on how he does at the combine. He has to play against good people and beat them 1 on 1. That's how the game works. His measurables will be OK, but there are another 10 guys about his size and some with even better athleticism who are going to be there. He will need to show a good handle, which he wasn't required to do last year quite so much. He's going to have to shoot consistently.
If he beats other people, especially if he has a few workouts in that week after the combine before you make your decision, that will seal it. And if he's not good enough yet, he'll know a lot better what he has to work on. I think the thing that's going to surprise him is how many guys he's never heard of are really good. It's that way every year.

So that's a long way of saying, you're way too early with this poll, because it means zero right now.

It is 100% dependent on how he does at the combine. He has to play against good people and beat them 1 on 1. That's how the game works. His measurables will be OK, but there are another 10 guys about his size and some with even better athleticism who are going to be there. He will need to show a good handle, which he wasn't required to do last year quite so much. He's going to have to shoot consistently.
If he beats other people, especially if he has a few workouts in that week after the combine before you make your decision, that will seal it. And if he's not good enough yet, he'll know a lot better what he has to work on. I think the thing that's going to surprise him is how many guys he's never heard of are really good. It's that way every year.

So that's a long way of saying, you're way too early with this poll, because it means zero right now.

You're forgetting the 10-15 Euros that won't be there as well that probably will be picked.

Not everyone at the combine will be selected.

Unless he excels at the combine, he will be undrafted by the NBA. Too many players in front of him. Over the long season he showed too much inconsistency in my opinion. Great at times, average at times, terrible at times (0-11 on 3-pointers in one game. Terrible shooting stats in other games.) But he still might go if he doesn't mind the D-League or playing overseas. I think he will see the light and stay for another go-around and try to improve his overall game.

He's not saying it's 100% but an SU player thinks Mali is not coming back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom