Mali...back or not poll | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Mali...back or not poll

When the smoke alarms go off and there's smoke billowing out the windows you can stay behind to confirm that it's an actual Fire. Meanwhile I'll be jumping to conclusions and jumping to safety.
I'm not saying you won't end up being right in the end, but I can't make that leap in logic based on that one tweet, or what he's said & done so far.
He's exploring his many options, as he should. Obviously, if that increases the prospects for his getting drafted- then by all means, he should move on. In any case...we'll always have UVA!:D

This thread is pretty awful. Everyone is reading into everything too much. My turn to play along:

"No matter what," means that when he realizes that he's not going to make it this year as an NBA prospect, he will still feel thankful.

This jump to a conclusion and this take on MR's tweet isn't any more ridiculous than anything else in this thread.

This thread is pretty awful. Everyone is reading into everything too much. My turn to play along:

"No matter what," means that when he realizes that he's not going to make it this year as an NBA prospect, he will still feel thankful.

This jump to a conclusion and this take on MR's tweet isn't any more ridiculous than anything else in this thread.
Well he did capitalize H M D code for He Might Declare

I don't understand where all of this he is 100% gone rumors are coming from, esp before the combine.

HE GONE

According to staff he is gone - that is the expectation. They will welcome him back of course but he is expected to go as long as he remains healthy and has a decent showing at the combine. Being a draft pick this year versus risk of injury and a weak draft this year is too great of a risk not to go. I know I don't post much on bball board but this is from the coaching staff.

Well if he does leave our three guards are going to log a ridiculous amount of minutes. I know thats the case most years but next year will be a lot different with the lack if experience in the program. Two guys who are brand new to the team in Gillon n Battle and a soph Howard (who I expect to make a nice jump).. Still, one injury and we have two guards? Yikes. Last year we had multiple guys who can shoot threes at a nice rate and were always a threat. Next year its Lydon , Gillon , and maybe Battle. Kinda worried about out offense the more I think about it

According to staff he is gone - that is the expectation. They will welcome him back of course but he is expected to go as long as he remains healthy and has a decent showing at the combine. Being a draft pick this year versus risk of injury and a weak draft this year is too great of a risk not to go. I know I don't post much on bball board but this is from the coaching staff.

Thanks for the info. That sucks. It must mean that his attitude is he wants to go pretty much no matter what his draft position is? I don't really get that "strategy," and if that's where his head is at--SMH.

I have no problem if he does well, gets graded well and gets indications of interest from a few teams. Then going would make perfect sense. But to be pretty much gone in his head before he's evaluated-- that's just stupid and could lead to a very bad result for him.

Well if he does leave our three guards are going to log a ridiculous amount of minutes. I know thats the case most years but next year will be a lot different with the lack if experience in the program. Two guys who are brand new to the team in Gillon n Battle and a soph Howard (who I expect to make a nice jump).. Still, one injury and we have two guards? Yikes. Last year we had multiple guys who can shoot threes at a nice rate and were always a threat. Next year its Lydon , Gillon , and maybe Battle. Kinda worried about out offense the more I think about it

If he goes, we have to add someone else. Some sort of experienced dude-- I mean could we get a juco transfer this late in the game? Either that or Red's son would be our fourth guard and I don't even think Red would be comfortable with that.

We would be in trouble if he left, lets hope he changes his mind.

We would be in trouble if he left, lets hope he changes his mind.

In trouble is a bit alarmist but it would take a lot air out of our Orange balloon. We'd still be very good, just not great and with way too many backcourt question marks.

In trouble is a bit alarmist but it would take a lot air out of our Orange balloon. We'd still be very good, just not great and with way too many backcourt question marks.

Malachi would have been the lead dog next year, its going to be tough to replace his scoring output, it would be a huge hit if he left.

Malachi would have been the lead dog next year, its going to be tough to replace his scoring output, it would be a huge hit if he left.

I agree but in trouble is taking it too far.

I have heard that he informed the staff at the end of the week that he is not coming back. But I suppose he could change his mind. And in all fairness it might have been an assessment type of conversation where they are trying to get a handle of how many spots they have available. So he could have said he does not plan to come back, and if he has not hired an agent, and does not do well at the combine could still change his mind. But he did tell them this piece of news.

I have a close friend that sat next to Mali on a plane a few weeks ago - he told my friend that he is gone. Take it for what it's worth. I doubt Mali was trolling him.

I have heard that he informed the staff at the end of the week that he is not coming back. But I suppose he could change his mind. And in all fairness it might have been an assessment type of conversation where they are trying to get a handle of how many spots they have available. So he could have said he does not plan to come back, and if he has not hired an agent, and does not do well at the combine could still change his mind. But he did tell them this piece of news.

I know you have very good sources of info, Linda. Thanks.

Despite what people are hearing (and Mali is allegedly saying) if he does not come out of the Combine and individual workouts with absolute assurance that he will be a first round pick, I will be very surprised if he enters the draft.

It seems a lot of people are eager to be proven right on this matter, but everyone, including Mali, would do well to let the process play out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom