Malik Brown Leaving Vols | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Malik Brown Leaving Vols

Pass. I liked him as a prospect and perhaps with good coaching he could have excelled but as it stands he's an injury risk that couldn't make the two deep on a team that isn't as talented as SU. This isn't the late 90s Tenny team anymore than we are still the mid 00 SU team. We're better than Tennessee at the moment and are trending towards opening that gap further. They would be a great SEC team to schedule for next season.

Pass. I liked him as a prospect and perhaps with good coaching he could have excelled but as it stands he's an injury risk that couldn't make the two deep on a team that isn't as talented as SU. This isn't the late 90s Tenny team anymore than we are still the mid 00 SU team. We're better than Tennessee at the moment and are trending towards opening that gap further. They would be a great SEC team to schedule for next season.
Still basking in the Lane Kiffen afterglow.

Tennessee Bearcats lol

Pass. I liked him as a prospect and perhaps with good coaching he could have excelled but as it stands he's an injury risk that couldn't make the two deep on a team that isn't as talented as SU.

the injury thing is spin. he'll be a redshirt freshman this football season. (same class as scissum, tyler provo, andre batten, cory winfield, corey cooper, kimble, wilson, estime etc.) he has 4 years left to play.

Buh-bye. We have better. And will have even better than that. Best of luck to him and his career playing I-AA ball. Hope he studies hard.

2013 their 5 wins were:

45-0 Austin Peay (non 1A)
52-20 Western Kentucky (8-4)
31-25 South Alabama (6-6)
23-21 South Carolina (11-2)
27-14 Kentucky (2-10)

2012 their 5 wins were:

35-21 NC State (7-6)
51-13 Georgia State (non 1A)
47-26 Akron (1-11)
55-48 Troy (5-7)
37-17 Kentucky (2-10)

2011 their 5 wins were:

42-16 Montana (non 1A)
45-13 Cincinnati (10-3)
41-10 Buffalo (3-9)
24-0 Middle Tennessee State (2-10)
27-21 Vanderbilt (2-10)

2010 their 6 wins were:

50-0 Tennessee Martin (non IA)
32-29 Alabama-Birmingham (4-8)
50-14 Memphis (1-11)
52-14 Mississippi (4-8)
24-10 Vanderbilt (2-10)
24-14 Kentucky (4-8)

2009 their 7 wins were:

63-7 Western Kentucky (0-12)
34-23 Ohio (9-5)
45-19 Georgia (8-5)
31-13 South Carolina (7-6)
56-28 Memphis (2-10)
31-16 Vanderbilt (2-10)
30-24 Kentucky (7-6)

Lost to Virginia Tech 37-14 in the Chic-Fil-A-Bowl

2008 their 5 wins were:

35-3 Alabama Birmingham (4-8)
13-9 Northern Illinois (6-7)
34-3 Mississippi State (4-8)
20-10 Vanderbilt (7-6)
28-10 Kentucky (7-6)

2013 their 5 wins were:

45-0 Austin Peay (non 1A)
52-20 Western Kentucky (8-4)
31-25 South Alabama (6-6)
23-21 South Carolina (11-2)
27-14 Kentucky (2-10)

2012 their 5 wins were:

35-21 NC State (7-6)
51-13 Georgia State (non 1A)
47-26 Akron (1-11)
55-48 Troy (5-7)
37-17 Kentucky (2-10)

2011 their 5 wins were:

42-16 Montana (non 1A)
45-13 Cincinnati (10-3)
41-10 Buffalo (3-9)
24-0 Middle Tennessee State (2-10)
27-21 Vanderbilt (2-10)

2010 their 6 wins were:

50-0 Tennessee Martin (non IA)
32-29 Alabama-Birmingham (4-8)
50-14 Memphis (1-11)
52-14 Mississippi (4-8)
24-10 Vanderbilt (2-10)
24-14 Kentucky (4-8)

2009 their 7 wins were:

63-7 Western Kentucky (0-12)
34-23 Ohio (9-5)
45-19 Georgia (8-5)
31-13 South Carolina (7-6)
56-28 Memphis (2-10)
31-16 Vanderbilt (2-10)
30-24 Kentucky (7-6)

Lost to Virginia Tech 37-14 in the Chic-Fil-A-Bowl

2008 their 5 wins were:

35-3 Alabama Birmingham (4-8)
13-9 Northern Illinois (6-7)
34-3 Mississippi State (4-8)
20-10 Vanderbilt (7-6)
28-10 Kentucky (7-6)
That is Perry Mason like damning evidence. I felt like I was on a jury and the prosecutor dropped a video of the person , clearly visable , in the commission of the crime.

I am skeptical of players leaving big name schools. The schools know their talent and work hard to keep committed, talented young athletes. So, not just Malik but I would be skeptical of any further big name school transfers.

I wouldn't be skeptical of all big name school transfers. Too many variables to simply say "no" without exploring the individual cases. Lots of kids make decisions and realize it wasn't the right one, not all of them leave because they are lazy and coaches don't want them.

Not fond of Malik's late switch last year, but if he wanted to come to SU and HCSS wanted him, I'd support the move.

I also want to say he was the one with a pretty disrespectful announcement as well. I wasn't a fan of that check-minus list either. Obviously he didn't factor in Tennessee's tradition of over recruiting each cycle with no care for the kids already on the roster. I'm with everyone else...Pass

This isn't directed at you, as I've seen it come up a few times in this thread. Why do folks here always bring up being "recruited over" when players decide to choose a bigger name football school than Syracuse? It is every coaching staff's JOB to bring in better players each and every year.

If we brought in a couple of stud QB this year, would this board be upset that Edouard, Long, etc were recruited over or thrilled that we reigned in a talented prospect? Malik went to Tennessee because it was Tennessee. It didn't work out well for him. However, if the staff decides they'd like to take a run at him and have him in Syracuse Orange, I'd be all for it. It's their decision, not ours.

I am skeptical of players leaving big name schools. The schools know their talent and work hard to keep committed, talented young athletes. So, not just Malik but I would be skeptical of any further big name school transfers.

Oh how quickly we forget Dontez Ford and Josh Manley.

This isn't directed at you, as I've seen it come up a few times in this thread. Why do folks here always bring up being "recruited over" when players decide to choose a bigger name football school than Syracuse? It is every coaching staff's JOB to bring in better players each and every year.

If we brought in a couple of stud QB this year, would this board be upset that Edouard, Long, etc were recruited over or thrilled that we reigned in a talented prospect? Malik went to Tennessee because it was Tennessee. It didn't work out well for him. However, if the staff decides they'd like to take a run at him and have him in Syracuse Orange, I'd be all for it. It's their decision, not ours.

I would like to add, anybody angry now would certainly be happy if he were to come in and start putting QBs on the ground.

Agreed. In defense of Malik we did just lose Marrone at that point too. Like you said, if the staff thinks they can utilize his talent for three years than great and if Malik feels he made a mistake wants to come to Syracuse than great. I don't get all the mudslinging at the kid. Mistakes are made.

That is Perry Mason like damning evidence. I felt like I was on a jury and the prosecutor dropped a video of the person , clearly visible , in the commission of the crime.
We're talking two good wins in six years and two others that were decent and one bowl game where they were blown out.

Robert Reese Neyland (173–31–12) has to be rolling over in his grave

Pathetic!

Ask Cam Newton how that worked out ...

We already have Slayton and other DE's coming in. No need. Not hard nosed.
No need? We desperately need D-Lineman. I wouldn't take him after the signing day flip but saying DE isn't a need is kind of ignorant.

No need? We desperately need D-Lineman. I wouldn't take him after the signing day flip but saying DE isn't a need is kind of ignorant.

Ranks right up there with Lax ... bleh ... LOL

i love how bnoro brings the heat!

Especially since we're losing Welsh / Robinson after this season. DE will be a major area of focus in the class of 2015 recruiting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom