Maliq Appreciation Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Maliq Appreciation Thread

Kid knows how to play the game. Should be all conference next year

Yes. He'll be a real beast with another 10 or 15 pounds. If he becomes a legitimate threat beyond the arc, look out.
Ha, the old 10 to 15 pound chestnut; haven't seen that in a long time. Use to see it 10 to 15 times a year on this board.

Ha, the old 10 to 15 pound chestnut; haven't seen that in a long time. Use to see it 10 to 15 times a year on this board.
So you don't think a 19 or 20 year-old athlete might continue to fill out?

He is the biggest sleeper recruit we have ever had - like significantly bigger steal than Moten

Attachments

• IMG_3888.gif
    IMG_3888.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
This kid is silky smooth. I don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves...but he reminds me of Moten.

Last edited:
This kid is silky smooth. I don't to get too far ahead of ourselves...but he reminds me of Moten.
They really have completely different games and play different positions, but they are similarly smooth and both arrived knowing how to play from day one.

Last edited:
It is very difficult to separate the Copeland passes from the Brown positioning! We are just extremely blessed to have these two players complimenting each other. Orange wins!!!
I wonder how they will be against Carolina? I pray they don’t lose their verve and their nerve!

He is the biggest sleeper recruit we have ever had - like significantly bigger steal than Moten
You’re on sacred ground there!. He is very good, but not sure bigger anything than Moten. And I don’t mean to take anything away from Maliq.

Maliq is a gift from God - I liked when Post went out and BC had the other center in - looked about 7 feet and strong- posted up and tried to bully Maliq - but he could not even budge him
I tell you what. If you haven’t had a chance to rewatch this game do it and focus ONLY on Maliq on defense. Stay with him the entire possession. It is absolutely remarkable how many deflections, steals and blocks he gets and that doesn’t even count all of the other “little” things he does.

He absolutely took the BC big man completely out of his game. Dude couldn’t even take one dribble without Maliq poking it away. Amazing to see.

I tell you what. If you haven’t had a chance to rewatch this game do it and focus ONLY on Maliq on defense. Stay with him the entire possession. It is absolutely remarkable how many deflections, steals and blocks he gets and that doesn’t even count all of the other “little” things he does.

He absolutely took the BC big man completely out of his game. Dude couldn’t even take one dribble without Maliq poking it away. Amazing to see.
I'm hoping he can do something similar to Bacot.

I was contemplating posting the same.
Would like the starting lineup to be Mintz, JJ, Bell, Copeland, and Brown. Best chance to get off to a good start. Copeland and Brown can drive teams crazy on defense and offense.
Plus Copeland's ability to drive and pass to an open player like Bell could get him started early.

Would like the starting lineup to be Mintz, JJ, Bell, Copeland, and Brown. Best chance to get off to a good start. Copeland and Brown can drive teams crazy on defense and offense.
Plus Copeland's ability to drive and pass to an open player like Bell could get him started early.
Absolutely

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom