Man up people | Syracusefan.com

Man up people

I HATE when people post future first loss posts. Makes us look/ feel inferior as a fan base when other teams fans read this board. Get it right we DON'T fear anyone!

Posting about the when we are going to get our first win is not much fun though!

I HATE when people post future first loss posts. Makes us look/ feel inferior as a fan base when other teams fans read this board. Get it right we DON'T fear anyone!

Japanese have a saying, "The first person to raise their voice in an argument loses." Our fan base is so secure in our self-esteem we CAN talk about our future first loss and it doesn't bother us or make our team any less great!

Japanese have a saying, "The first person to raise their voice in an argument loses." Our fan base is so secure in our self-esteem we CAN talk about our future first loss and it doesn't bother us or make our team any less great!

Besides, we're a zone team. This man up stuff don't play here.

I think it's a legit issue. Discussing it doesn't make it happen, right? (I've had many long hard struggles to understand that what I think, say and do doesn't affect ANYTHING regarding my basketball team's performance.)

Intelligent discussions about what teams we match up poorly with, our history with those teams, a little emotional quivering - I'm okay with it!

I think it makes our fanbase look realistic and knowledgeable. Anybody can pound their chests screaming "We'll never lose again EVER!". But the reality of the sport is you have a bad game sometimes, sometimes you have bad matchups, or sometimes the other guy has a great game. Doesn't mean you can't still win it all at the end of the year. I have no problem with people discussing basketball and acknowledging losses happen to even the best teams.

I think it's a legit issue. Discussing it doesn't make it happen, right? (I've had many long hard struggles to understand that what I think, say and do doesn't affect ANYTHING regarding my basketball team's performance.)

Well, there's a saying energy follows thought. But in the words of esteem cult leader Jim Boeheim, "good teams win." It's really hard to argue with JB press conference logic!

Mantonio must be turning over in his grave. His schtick has been stolen and it's not being done with the organic qualities he brought to the table.

It's halfway through January and we're discussing when our first loss MIGHT come. That's kinda fun to me. It's certainly better than discussing why we already lost a game. It's a function of having so little to talk about with an undefeated team.

40-0 Baby!!

I promise you, if we go 40-0 - I will buy 100 of these shirts and have lawrinson design some sort of 'Cuse to be stamped underneath.

Jarhead - you will get the 1st shirt hand delivered to you at a bar somewhere in the Atlanta area and I will pay for all of the PBR's you can drink. The 2nd shirt will be for Lawrinson. The 3rd will be for me. And the next 97 will go to the 97 best posters on this forum.

women2.jpg%3Fw%3D300%26h%3D411

Mantonio must be turning over in his grave. His schtick has been stolen and it's not being done with the organic qualities he brought to the table.
I'd like to believe Mantonio is either in the studio recording another masterpiece or preparing to announce his Presidential candidacy for 2016.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom