Marcus Lee | Syracusefan.com

Marcus Lee

BleedsOrange44

Starter
Syracuse is now expressing interest in 2013 Forward Marcus Lee from CA per my sources within our Coast2CoastHoops network.

ESPN has him as the 26th ranked player for the class of 2013. He sounds a lot like Rakeem Christmas to me.

I don't want to post the entire espn insider scouting report but they seem to rank him purely on potential "He either fully gets it and becomes a bonafide star or he's stuck in prospect mode and just gets by." They also mention "One of the main things holding him back is strength; he doesn't have any. Has a tendency to get pushed out of position in the post."

Wow. Now that kid reminds of Warrick. He has those dunks and blocks where he just comes out of no where. Even his jump shot is pretty flat and ugly like Warrick.

I am a big fan of freak athletes, the potential is nearly limitless. I would love to land this kid.

I wonder how SU prioritizes their recruits, Okonoboh or Lee.
I think Lee would be a 4. I picture Okonoboh as a 5, but I could well be wrong.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I am a big fan of freak athletes, the potential is nearly limitless. I would love to land this kid.
and then there are unrealistic expectations i.e. Paul Harris that they never live up to and everyone gets pissed watching said player not put it together. Give me a less athletic proven talent that works hard every day of the week.

I think a team should consist of a mix of those freakish athletes as well as highly skilled, less athletic players. Ideally, they would always be freakish athletes with great skill and high IQ, but those players are very rare and highly coveted by all.

and then there are unrealistic expectations i.e. Paul Harris that they never live up to and everyone gets pissed watching said player not put it together. Give me a less athletic proven talent that works hard every day of the week.

Paul Harris worked hard. He practiced just about as hard as any player we've ever had. Work ethic wasn't remotely the issue.

Like Orangefog said a team needs a good mix of both players with a lot of potential, High IQ guys, and players that are hard workers but whose skill set will pretty much stay the same. If a team is built on just one of these types of players you can have success but not be elite. I think Boeheim and staff have done a good job of brining in all types of players throughout the years.

Paul Harris worked hard. He practiced just about as hard as any player we've ever had. Work ethic wasn't remotely the issue.
amen. paul averaged 12 and 8 over three seasons. what's the issue?

marcus lee is being recruited by plenty of schools, but i think SU is more so keeping an eye on him, possibly as a back-up option if they miss out on lawrence and walker and anya. from what i've gathered, jermaine lawrence is the hidden gem out of all of SU's potential recruits for 2013. in one ranking cycle, he went from top 100+ to top 15-20, from only a handful of offers in the northeast to over a dozen offers from heavyweight programs. i think boeheim will make a hard push for lawrence.

as far as the paul harris debate, he definitely came into SU with more hype than ability. off the court issues were also a concern with harris. and playing with eric dumb-en-dorf sure didn't help.

marcus lee is being recruited by plenty of schools, but i think SU is more so keeping an eye on him, possibly as a back-up option if they miss out on lawrence and walker and anya. from what i've gathered, jermaine lawrence is the hidden gem out of all of SU's potential recruits for 2013. in one ranking cycle, he went from top 100+ to top 15-20, from only a handful of offers in the northeast to over a dozen offers from heavyweight programs. i think boeheim will make a hard push for lawrence.

as far as the paul harris debate, he definitely came into SU with more hype than ability. off the court issues were also a concern with harris. and playing with eric dumb-en-dorf sure didn't help.

I gave you the benifit of doubt until you trashed devo.

ah, i think explaining one beneficial aspect to eric devendorf playing at SU would be much more impressive.

i'll give you a reason. post-devo, meaning the past three seasons, here are some stats concerning AP rankings:

average AP rankings since 2010 (past three seasons):

ku - 4.72
dook - 5.12
SYRACUSE - 5.56
uk - 6.21
osu - 6.31

total appearances in AP top 10 since 2010:

dook - 57
SYRACUSE - 48
ku - 48
osu - 43
uk - 42

appearances at AP #1 since 2010:

ku - 16
dook - 11
uk - 11
SYRACUSE - 7
osu - 7

and during devo's years at SU? you'd be hard pressed to find even a handful of top 10 appearances.

you realize i'm a huuuuge SU fan, born and raised, so my opinion is based strictly on what's best for SU. and in my view, the day devo left was a major positive turning point for the program.

i'm telling you that SU would not have had the success the past three years with devo on the team. the numbers don't lie. after his departure, SU rose to the top of college ball, competing with the blue bloods.

do you think he helped SU?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom