Marcus Lee | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Marcus Lee

i'm telling you that SU would not have had the success the past three years with devo on the team. the numbers don't lie. after his departure, SU rose to the top of college ball, competing with the blue bloods.

do you think he helped SU?
That's silly. Compare the players we have had over the last 3 years with the players Eric played with. Not even comparable.

that doesn't mean devo helped SU, on or off the court.

47 losses during devo years. 2 trips to the NIT.

failed drug tests. hitting women in the face. classy guy, that devo.

i'm sorry, but anyone who thinks eric devendorf had a positive influence on SU basketball, knows nothing about basketball.

that doesn't mean devo helped SU, on or off the court.

47 losses during devo years. 2 trips to the NIT.

failed drug tests. hitting women in the face. classy guy, that devo.

i'm sorry, but anyone who thinks eric devendorf had a positive influence on SU basketball, knows nothing about basketball.

Still waiting for you to tell me how those 47 losses were all Eric's fault. He didn't have the players around him like the last 3 years. You're just trolling hard right now.

trolling? i'm an SU diehard. during devo's years SU didn't have the unity they do now, and i personally believe devo was a major reason why. that's all. no biggie. you obviously feel differently and that's your right.

JB gave Devo big minutes and he is a better judge of talent than any of us. You can only argue that he hurt the team if there was a better option. Your argument that one team is better than another is to state the obvious and it is more of an argument that some years recruitment is better than others. Devo left it all on the court. No one ever accused him of loafing.

You use this years team as an example of a good team. True enough, but Melo hurt this team more than Devo ever hurt his team.

As far as talent, Devo was just a notch below NBA, probably not all that much below Scoop. There are few teams he would not have started for.

look at the reaction by not only boeheim, but fab's fellow mates. everyone backed fab up 100 percent. no one complained and blamed him for missing the tourney, and that's because this year's team were a tight, family knit group.

in my view, if you placed devo on last year's 34-3 team, SU would have had a record closer to 28-9. he would have disturbed chemistry. he would have frustrated boeheim. he would have been a rift. yes, i believe one rotten apple can screw up an entire team.

just my opinion. disagreeing with me is fine, but i'm entitled to believe what i want.

JB gave Devo big minutes and he is a better judge of talent than any of us. You can only argue that he hurt the team if there was a better option. Your argument that one team is better than another is to state the obvious and it is more of an argument that some years recruitment is better than others. Devo left it all on the court. No one ever accused him of loafing.

You use this years team as an example of a good team. True enough, but Melo hurt this team more than Devo ever hurt his team.

As far as talent, Devo was just a notch below NBA, probably not all that much below Scoop. There are few teams he would not have started for.

i know a professor at SU who has some inside connection to the SU program. while at the dome a few years back, watching SU and devo play, the guy told me that boeheim said about devo: "he is the most talented kid i've ever had...from the neck down."

i'm telling you that SU would not have had the success the past three years with devo on the team. the numbers don't lie. after his departure, SU rose to the top of college ball, competing with the blue bloods.

do you think he helped SU?
Well, the same can be said of Paul Harris and J. Flynn, right. The post SU numbers for the team are exactly the same. We did much better with a team first PG rather than Flynn. We did much better with Wesley Johnson that we did with Harris. If Harris had spent as much time on his jump shot as he did going home to Buffalo to sulk, he could have been Andy Rautins. Our recruiting suffered in those years because of all the time the staff had to spend babysitting and cajoling Harris.
All Devo did was bleed Orange, play his heart out, and graduate. What did the other guys do that was more special?

Well, the same can be said of Paul Harris and J. Flynn, right. The post SU numbers for the team are exactly the same. We did much better with a team first PG rather than Flynn. We did much better with Wesley Johnson that we did with Harris. If Harris had spent as much time on his jump shot as he did going home to Buffalo to sulk, he could have been Andy Rautins. Our recruiting suffered in those years because of all the time the staff had to spend babysitting and cajoling Harris.
All Devo did was bleed Orange, play his heart out, and graduate. What did the other guys do that was more special?

those other guys screwed up SU's APR score, that's what they did.

those other guys screwed up SU's APR score, that's what they did.

on that topic, did you know SU's APR scores were perfect two of the past three seasons?

2009-10: 1000
2010-11: 1000
2011-12: will drop a bit because of fab and mookie

on that topic, did you know SU's APR scores were perfect two of the past three seasons?

2009-10: 1000
2010-11: 1000
2011-12: will drop a bit because of fab and mookie
Mookie's coming back and has finished all his coursework anyways. It's not going to drop. Also, stop hijacking threads.

No you brought it up calling him dumb en dorf.

right, but i was just commenting on paul harris's teams. i didn't bring up devo or want to talk about him, i was just responding to you.

let's drop it. eric dumbendorf isn't what i care to discuss on this board. i won't mention him again.

i came to drop some knowledge and discuss the present and future of SU hoops. if you care to engage in meaningful discussions instead of attacking my posts, i'm all for it. otherwise, just ignore me.

i came to drop some knowledge and discuss the present and future of SU hoops. if you care to engage in meaningful discussions instead of attacking my posts, i'm all for it. otherwise, just ignore me.
When you decide to drop some knowledge and some meaningful posts let me know.

amen. paul averaged 12 and 8 over three seasons. what's the issue?

He didn't average 25 and 15....as someone else said....Unrealistic Expectations.

The more I watch of Lee i would really like Cuse' to get this guy. There just seems to be something about him that I like. He looks like he plays hard and loves the game.

Interesting. I wonder if this means anything as far as some of the other recruits were going after? That aside, I like what I see from the highlight real. Long, athletic, raw, some explosiveness, looks like there is some fire as well... I like the Warrick comparisons. He looks to have a little quicker feet than Hak did at this stage which is a plus, not sure what the hight is on the kid but he looks like a legit 6'8 - 6'9? I think he would be VERY nice player in the zone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom