Marcus Lee | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Marcus Lee

Interesting. I wonder if this means anything as far as some of the other recruits were going after? That aside, I like what I see from the highlight real. Long, athletic, raw, some explosiveness, looks like there is some fire as well... I like the Warrick comparisons. He looks to have a little quicker feet than Hak did at this stage which is a plus, not sure what the hight is on the kid but he looks like a legit 6'8 - 6'9? I think he would be VERY nice player in the zone.
At the Amare Stoudemire skills academy which started yesterday. Lee measured with shoes on at 6'10 199lb with a 7'1.5 wingspan.

Francis, do we have a real shot with him? Lot of big boys after him and he's an entire
country away...

Francis, do we have a real shot with him? Lot of big boys after him and he's an entire
country away...
Not sure at the moment. Should have a better idea next month when the open period begins. I will say that I don't think the staff would've offered if they didn't think they had somewhat of a decent shot at landing him.

Picked UK today.

Another spot i the UK inn taken! The earlier players commit to them the fewer spots therefore we have a better shot with guys like Lawerance, Roberson, Vonleh, or dare I say it, Wiggins?!

He's more prospect than player at this point but his job will only be to run the floor, block shots, and rebound. He doesn't have much of an offensive game but that won't matter because the Harrison twins, James Young, and possibly Wiggins will provide all the offense they need.

He's more prospect than player at this point but his job will only be to run the floor, block shots, and rebound. He doesn't have much of an offensive game but that won't matter because the Harrison twins, James Young, and possibly Wiggins will provide all the offense they need.
Yes, but will he be ready to jump to the NBA after year number one. If he doesn't, that can be used against Cal for future big men.

At the Amare Stoudemire skills academy which started yesterday. Lee measured with shoes on at 6'10 199lb with a 7'1.5 wingspan.
okay I am confused and disappointed...r u saying 'Cuse went after Lee when it was obvious he wanted KY...I dont understand?????

okay I am confused and disappointed...r u saying 'Cuse went after Lee when it was obvious he wanted KY...I dont understand?????
wtf2.png What are you confused about and with what you quoted by me would lead you to think I said that? It was a known fact that Lee was offered by SU early in the summer. By the end of the evaluation period in July, SU was no longer a major player in his recruitment which I noted in this post in early August http://syracusefan.com/threads/player-evaluations-and-a-few-notes.29735/
Plus he was a heavy California lean before Kentucky jumped in the battle late last month. Which is something Calipari seems to be great at since joining Kentucky. Lee has been off the SU radar for a long time now, so there is nothing for you to be confused, disappointed, and sad about my friend :)

Yes, but will he be ready to jump to the NBA after year number one. If he doesn't, that can be used against Cal for future big men.
I definitely don't see him being an one n done type but who knows. The Cal and his NBA magic is a joke. He's sending 5 star recruits in the 1st round, not the BJ Johnson's & Chino Obokoh's of the world. If John Wall & D-Cousins went to UNC or even SU, they still would've been top 5 picks.

I definitely don't see him being an one n done type but who knows. The Cal and his NBA magic is a joke. He's sending 5 star recruits in the 1st round, not the BJ Johnson's & Chino Obokoh's of the world. If John Wall & D-Cousins went to UNC or even SU, they still would've been top 5 picks.
We have talked about it before and you know that I 100% agree. The notion that Cal prepares his players for the NBA is ridiculous. The thing he may do that other schools do not is set them up with NBA connections, including agents and endorsements.

View attachment 1262 What are you confused about and with what you quoted by me would lead you to think I said that? It was a known fact that Lee was offered by SU early in the summer. By the end of the evaluation period in July, SU was no longer a major player in his recruitment which I noted in this post in early August http://syracusefan.com/threads/player-evaluations-and-a-few-notes.29735/
Plus he was a heavy California lean before Kentucky jumped in the battle late last month. Which is something Calipari seems to be great at since joining Kentucky. Lee has been off the SU radar for a long time now, so there is nothing for you to be confused, disappointed, and sad about my friend :)
Confused why other posters were talking Lee at this point...also me bad because i just saw the June Date for offer...sorry about that

This has been my arguement about Cal, all these reporters say he is "the best at getting guys to the NBA" when they all would be going there regardless. The one thing I will say is that he seems to manage ego's extremely well.

He has plenty of practice working on getting his own head through doorways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom