Marek "Mr. March" Dolezaj | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Marek "Mr. March" Dolezaj

He's doing a much better job of staying on his feet than earlier in the year. They've clearly drilled him on maintaining his position on offense and defense. The opposing big men are still trying to bully him. Moore was really pushing him around in the first half. The quick fouls he got earlier in the second made him more tentative and really helped our boy.

If he can string two or three games like that together he deserves to start next year. Sure hope this can be repeated. We could be loaded next year. Bubble be gone.

Hes got a great touch on his jumper, he just isn’t great with the English.

I see what you did there, nice. That would explain his lack of wrap-around layups.

Seriously though, do they not have a translator on hand ? You'd think some student would gladly volunteer if the school were to cheap to pay for one? I get that they arent expecting game MVP interviews, but does he always fully get what JB or others are saying?

Another thought. Does a game like this help to keep him in college? My worry has always been that he'll be discouraged by the American game and head back to Europe to play pro. Well, this is sort of proof that he can excel here? I don't really know; just throwing that out there.

according to google translate
Vn1cuGA.jpg

My buddy and I were opening rooting for Battle to miss that last FT to stay at 18 so Dolezaj (who had 19 at the time) would remain our high scorer of the game.

I can’t ever remember openly cheering for a missed Cuse FT, ever.

The kid played like a man possessed tonight and deserves all the accolades. His aggression was amazing to see.

Last edited:
His jumper reminds me of Howard Triche in form and arc. Nice to see him play well scoring wise and hope he keeps his confidence up when he misses his first 3 or 4 shots in the future, this is when players go into a shell and are too hesitant. He's often in the right spot on the floor and would add so much to this team if he can stay confident in his ability.

Well, hate to say this, but Carolina is a different animal. I believe Marek has the full ability to do this again vs Carolina from a physical standpoint. However, if he simply misses his first shot, he might curl back into his shell and disappear the rest of the game. If he does something great, he might have a triple double. He is that fragile.

Well, hate to say this, but Carolina is a different animal. I believe Marek has the full ability to do this again vs Carolina from a physical standpoint. However, if he simply misses his first shot, he might curl back into his shell and disappear the rest of the game. If he does something great, he might have a triple double. He is that fragile.

He can be a very solid pick and roll guy if as we agree, keeps his confidence up. If Battle/Howard are doubled he dumps off to Marek and when Chewy's man picks him up he lobs to Chewy or goes clear to the basket.

I see what you did there, nice. That would explain his lack of wrap-around layups.

Seriously though, do they not have a translator on hand ? You'd think some student would gladly volunteer if the school were to cheap to pay for one? I get that they arent expecting game MVP interviews, but does he always fully get what JB or others are saying?

I honestly think he's very comfortable in his own group of fellow players and coaches because they've seen him develop in the language and make mistakes and what not. It's a big step up to ask a kid to go on national TV and interview with someone he's not familiar with.

I thought Marek started the game very passively. It looked like he passed up four or five shot opportunities early. Then he had that marvelous drive when he was crunched hard by two defenders and somehow the ball went in for an and one. He was absolutely ferocious going to the rack after that.

Plain and simple, we are a different team when Marek looks to score.

Also, kudos to his teammates for finding Marek in the right spots.

Who says he isn't strong enough to finish at the rim ???

Can't expect 20 again tonight, but if he can get us an efficient 10+, we will have a great shot to fail the Cheaters.

I suppose Marek would gladly take the insults of being called Beck and/or Michael Cera(or the other actor that looks like MC) if it was during more performances like this. Those clowns wouldnt be making those names if he wasnt getting noticed. ;)

So glad for Marek(and Chukwu). It's amazing what an offense can do when all 5 players can contribute. Passing was a big part, as most players can score when they are as open as they were.

Great enthusiasm from LaPhonso Ellis, he was really feeling the love for Marek! Other guys who hadn't covered him so much this season might not have gotten the full significance of that performance.

I'm happy for the kid regardless of what happens from here out, but I hope this can carry over more than Matt's breakout vs UConn did. If nothing else, those 2 unexpected performances tonight should make UNC have to game plan a bit differently than they would have otherwise.

Dolezaj and Chuckwu had me DOUBLE fist pumping in the air for the first time in a LONG time. (not just cuz Cuse covered either). Anyone else?

The Beck comments were not meant as insults... just an observation.

His jumper reminds me of Howard Triche in form and arc. Nice to see him play well scoring wise and hope he keeps his confidence up when he misses his first 3 or 4 shots in the future, this is when players go into a shell and are too hesitant. He's often in the right spot on the floor and would add so much to this team if he can stay confident in his ability.

What is this "arc" that you speak of? Thing is a frozen rope.

Board resident know-it-all two3zone nowhere to be found in this thread.

Predictable

I read on here last week that he wasn't even a D-1 caliber player. I guess it was a fluke :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom