Marek... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Marek...

I'd argue that Andy Rautins, Brandon Triche, Michael Gbinije and GMac belong in the conversation of high basketball IQ.
They were all great, but not higher than Moten. And Moten wasn’t higher than the all-time best: Sherman.

The through the legs hike pass to Stevie pretty much sealed the deal forever for The General.

I'd argue that Andy Rautins, Brandon Triche, Michael Gbinije and GMac belong in the conversation of high basketball IQ.
Pearl, Sherman Douglas, Leo Rautins, DC, Moten, Laz Sims, Allen Griffin, late Conrad McCrae...so many high-IQ guys in the program's history. What stands out with Marek is how young he is, and how quickly he's adapted to the American game. He's that rare player who doesn't need to score to beat you or impact a game.

They were all great, but not higher than Moten. And Moten wasn’t higher than the all-time best: Sherman.

The through the legs hike pass to Stevie pretty much sealed the deal forever for The General.
And yet Moten in his sr year did three of the dumbest things a Syracuse player has ever done. He fouled a Pitt player shooting a 3 with us having a 4 pt lead with a second or so left. He took a 5 second call against I believe P.C. in the Big East tournament and we won't mention the last one. It's still too painful

And yet Moten in his sr year did three of the dumbest things a Syracuse player has ever done. He fouled a Pitt player shooting a 3 with us having a 4 pt lead with a second or so left. He took a 5 second call against I believe P.C. in the Big East tournament and we won't mention the last one. It's still too painful
Ill-timed brain farts notwithstanding, he was still one of the smartest bball players I've ever seen. You don't become the SU and OBE all-time leading scorer, w/out being smart.

Ill-timed brain farts notwithstanding, he was still one of the smartest bball players I've ever seen. You don't become the SU and OBE all-time leading scorer, w/out being smart.
I agree 100%. I think he was the smartest player at Syracuse ever. That is why it is so odd that he has three monumental mistakes.

I agree 100%. I think he was the smartest player at Syracuse ever. That is why it is so odd that he has three monumental mistakes.
That 5-second call vs Arkansas haunts me to this day. And it hurt worse because it was Moten who did it...our smartest and best player...in his final game...!!!!! Inexplicable. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

That 5-second call vs Arkansas haunts me to this day. And it hurt worse because it was Moten who did it...our smartest and best player...in his final game...!!!!! Inexplicable. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
I didn't mention that one for a reason. That was the toughest loss for me ever. That's right. Ever. That was the time out against Arkansas. The 5 second call was in the Big Eat tournament.

I didn't mention that one for a reason. That was the toughest loss for me ever. That's right. Ever. That was the time out against Arkansas. The 5 second call was in the Big Eat tournament.
For me, too. The Arkansas time out. Dear god, it gives me tremors to recall it!

I was a kid then and the first tourney I could actuaully realize what was going on . Buncha tears

Michael Beasley says hi...scoring and bball IQ are not necessarily related. I do think Moten was pretty smart, though.

Wow, 1987 IU isn’t higher? Be thankful if you were too young. Still haunts me.

But yeah, Scotty Thurman nightmares are real. Still love Luke Jackson though. I can forgive.

Wait...didn't Moten hold the ball w/ JB shouting behind him "5-seconds!!...5-seconds...shoot"! That wasn't vs Arky in the NCAA's?

*Nevermind, found the video: My bad. Oh, and forgive me for replaying this- besides, '87 was MUCH MUCH worse!

Wait...didn't Moten hold the ball w/ JB shouting behind him "5-seconds!!...5-seconds...shoot"! That wasn't vs Arky in the NCAA's?

*Nevermind, found the video: My bad. Oh, and forgive me for replaying this- besides, '87 was MUCH MUCH worse!
You rat!!

You guys should be banned for mentioning the Arkansas game. Holy crap that sucked and I will never get over that one. Such a painful loss.

I have to agree with much of what has already been said about Marek.
I've been a fan of his since early this year when we all started to see little glimmers of the high IQ player he is.

If he progresses at the rate many of his think he will, what happens in relation to playing time next year?
If Brissett comes back (and maybe even Battle) where do you play Marek assuming Bazely is a starter?

JB will have some really tough decisions to make next year in both front and back court. And I can't wait for the angst and screaming that this board will witness when those decisions are made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom