Marrone meeting players today | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone meeting players today

So how's this going to work. He comes in builds something then guts it. Rumor is Wheatley is off to buffalo. Someone should tell Marrone that there are plenty of coaches out there that don't work at su.
Hope the rumor about Wheatley is wrong. We really need him to stay.

Are you talking about this Nate Hackett,

"IB Hack did a horrible job this year. We returned a veteran O and couldnt get out of our way. Our play calling was so bad his use of players in certain situations baffeling the lack of discipline and time management a complete joke. He almost made me think that Parianightmare was back in the box. Why this kid was hired and than promoted to OC and why he is keeping his job is a mystery. I hope he went home for Christmas and got a crash course from his Dad. " 1/1/12

"Im sick and tired of hearing about wonder boy and what a genius he is." 8/8/12

or how about this,

"By all accounts this years recruiting class is small. I think we can take about 18. This is the year to make the change if we are going to do so. If not i would force Doug to hire a new OC. I like Hack so possibly he is retained as a position coach. I also feel that Doug needs to swallow actually gulp down his stubborn pride and hire or assign one coach to Specials. IF he had hired a capable OC and IF he had paid true attention to Special teams our record could easily be 4-2. Doug is a good CEO he is a a very poor game day coach and our Special teams are as bad as i have ever seen them. Fix those two areas. Focus on the program as a CEO type along with coaching up the Oline and he might save his job. If not show him the door and either bring in a proven head coach with previous college head coaching experiance or elevate Shafer to head coach and let him bring in his guys on the O side. If it were my call i would name shafer head coach as i believe he can do for us what Flood is doing for Rutgers. " 10/14/12

You didn't seem all that concerned about the impact to recruiting three months ago. You were ready to fire Marrone if he didn't dump Hackett. Well you got your exact wish, Marrone's gone, Hackett's gone, Shafer got the job, an 8 win season to boot, and your still angry.

What's up with that?

BTW, great job assessing the state of the program 90 days ago.

PWNED

"IB Hack did a horrible job this year. We returned a veteran O and couldnt get out of our way. Our play calling was so bad his use of players in certain situations baffeling the lack of discipline and time management a complete joke. He almost made me think that Parianightmare was back in the box. Why this kid was hired and than promoted to OC and why he is keeping his job is a mystery. I hope he went home for Christmas and got a crash course from his Dad. " 1/1/12

or how about this,

"By all accounts this years recruiting class is small. I think we can take about 18. This is the year to make the change if we are going to do so. If not i would force Doug to hire a new OC. I like Hack so possibly he is retained as a position coach. I also feel that Doug needs to swallow actually gulp down his stubborn pride and hire or assign one coach to Specials. IF he had hired a capable OC and IF he had paid true attention to Special teams our record could easily be 4-2. Doug is a good CEO he is a a very poor game day coach and our Special teams are as bad as i have ever seen them. Fix those two areas. Focus on the program as a CEO type along with coaching up the Oline and he might save his job. If not show him the door and either bring in a proven head coach with previous college head coaching experiance or elevate Shafer to head coach and let him bring in his guys on the O side. If it were my call i would name shafer head coach as i believe he can do for us what Flood is doing for Rutgers. " 10/14/12

You didn't seem all that concerned about the impact to recruiting three months ago. You were ready to fire Marrone if he didn't dump Hackett. Well you got your exact wish, Marrone's gone, Hackett's gone, Shafer got the job, an 8 win season to boot, and your still angry.

What's up with that?

Good thing KCSU has two sides of his mouth... he uses them both.

My post has nothing to do with this everything to do about the fact that Doug made a promise to not hire shafer or Hack. Go yourself

These guys are just learning a life lesson and how they deal with adversity. Deal with it with a mature attitude is what I hope this team does and hopefully they ask some questions and learn something...don't hold it in find out why he left if Marrone doesn't explain it well enough. Their coach just got a promotion, their old DC just got a promotion to me that sounds like success.
I hope they all find success, but I can't help feeling disappointed that Doug in the end didn't display the character and honor he's preached to players & fans throughout his tenure. I believe he's a good man but failed when tested. Perhaps his final lesson for the players is a good one: believe what people do, not what they say.

I hope they all find success, but I can't help feeling disappointed that Doug in the end didn't display the character and honor he's preached to players & fans throughout his tenure. I believe he's a good man but failed when tested. Perhaps his final lesson for the players is a good one: believe what people do, not what they say.

You're right and I suppose I'd like to see what Marrone really did say and then do, to judge/say my piece on what happened. What exactly did he say to the players? We may never really know. Personally I never considered him a lifer here, I hoped, but things happen in life but it would have been something if he turned down the Bills/NFL to stay here.

Hell, I've failed the character test a few times myself and hopefully I've learned from those experiences just as I hope all these guys do as well.

or how about this,

What's up with that?

Sometimes it takes a while for the gal to blossom.

Bad analysis and what happened are two different things.

or how about this,

What's up with that?

Finally the truth

And the multiple personalities help! ...... oh, I was just postin get over it, I met this.

My post has nothing to do with this everything to do about the fact that Doug made a promise to not hire shafer or Hack. Go **** yourself

Who did he promise?

How do we know this? Had Doc publicly stated this?

Sometimes it takes a while for the gal to blossom.
Go has the moral authority to suggest otherwise because he has been 100% behind Marrone and Hackett, regardless of any evidence at the time that wavering support may have been justified.

Anybody failing to meet the Go bar is open to having their assessment criticized I guess, even though, yeah, it took Hack and Marrone a while to hit their stride, and for a while it looked like they might not, even though they TURNED THE CORNER after game 1.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Go has the moral authority to suggest otherwise because he has been 100% behind Marrone and Hackett, regardless of any evidence at the time that wavering support may have been justified.

Anybody failing to meet the Go bar is open to having their assessment criticized I guess, even though, yeah, it took Hack and Marrone a while to hit their stride, and for a while it looked like they might not, even though they TURNED THE CORNER after game 1.

Was the program a legit competitive BCS level program this year game 1 through game 13 this year or not. Simple yes or no question.

That's all the "turning the corner" post was about.

You've been an unmitigated critic from the beginning, regardless of any evidence that actually supporting the staff may have been justified.

I was right, you were wrong. How's that make me the bad guy?

And you don't find it more than a little disingenous that a guy that for a year had nothing good to say about a coach and wanted him gone is now outraged that he's been hired away.

And you don't find it more than a little disingenous that a guy that for a year had nothing good to say about a coach and wanted him gone is now outraged that he's been hired away.
I didn't get that he was upset he is gone, but how it went down for Doug to take him and the timing.

I'm not outraged he's gone. At all. I think he left under bad circumstances that he created for himself, and it irritates me because he sold out after he fought so hard to get people to believe in him.

I'm not outraged he's gone. At all. I think he left under bad circumstances that he created for himself, and it irritates me because he sold out after he fought so hard to get people to believe in him.
I think he meant kcsu was outraged. Unless I misread his post.

My post has nothing to do with this everything to do about the fact that Doug made a promise to not hire shafer or Hack. Go **** yourself
he knows you're right. It's a cheap shot based on emotion. If we go back far enough on every single one of us, this could likely be done. Love ya Steve, but you know the facts, the rest is immaterial.

Poop. I figured he'd leave but was hoping he'd stay. What about Moore?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom