Marrone To Be Named HC At JAX | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone To Be Named HC At JAX

The Bills organization and fans are like gang stalkers. Just go shovel snow or do something useful.

The Bills organization and fans are like gang stalkers. Just go shovel snow or do something useful.
I LoL'd. I love the new avatar as well. Very nice.

I know DM left Syracuse in a very "unclean" sort of way, but it's been a while now. It's time for the haters to let their disdain for Doug go. He's an alumnus of the University and did great things while here. Say what you want about how the "breakup" was executed, but to not admit that he elevated the program from the dormancy, in which GRob left it, is just poor posture.

I'm hoping Doug's 2nd shot in the NFL is as successful, or more, than his stay with Buffalo. It's always a great thing to be away from Syracuse and have a topic arise which allows me to drop the statement, "You know that he's a Syracuse guy, right." I love those opportunities.

Yep, set up to be a disaster from the start.

You so smart!

Tom Coughlin changed Jaguars' approach, won the draft and reached the playoffs
giphy.gif

It's pathetic. I actually feel sorry for him at this point.

He also proclaimed St. Doug to be a miracle worker for getting the Bills to 9-7 in his second year. Meanwhile, McDermott just did it in his first year AND got them to the playoffs. I guess he must be Jesus then.

He also proclaimed St. Doug to be a miracle worker for getting the Bills to 9-7 in his second year. Meanwhile, McDermott just did it in his first year AND got them to the playoffs. I guess he must be Jesus then.
Marrone ended up at 9-7 in Buffalo and so did McDermott. They are both good coaches. Some said on here after Marrone exercised his clause with the Bills that he'd NEVER again be an NFL head coach. They were wrong. Now Marrone is in his first season with the Jags after inheriting a 3-win team from last year, coaches them to 10 wins and is in the playoffs at home. Not bad for his first year with a 3-win team.

Last edited:
Marrone ended up at 9-7 in Buffalo and so did McDermott. They are both good coaches. Some said on here after Marrone exercised his clause with the Bills that he'd NEVER again be an NFL head coach. They were wrong. Now Marrone is in his first season with the Jags after inheriting a 3-win team from last year, coaches them to 10 wins and is in the playoffs at home. Not bad for his first year with a 3-win team.
I'm more impressed that he did it with a QB with a mechanical flaw in his delivery. Bortles looked terrible last year.

I'm more impressed that he did it with a QB with a mechanical flaw in his delivery. Bortles looked terrible last year.
Agreed...and really, he does not look good this year either.

Agreed...and really, he does not look good this year either.
I've seen much worse. Finished 15th in Defense-adjusted Yards Above Replacement. 14th in QBR.

upload_2018-1-4_8-57-46.png

Even the Marrone Jergens' crew will admit that Bortels is just terrible. I will be curious if Jags make a run at Cousins??

I'm not saying that Marrone didn't prove people wrong. My point was more to the fact that winning 9 games in Buffalo wasn't some sort of miracle like people on here made it out to be. Actually, I think winning 10 games in Jacksonville this year is 100x more impressive than the continuation of mediocrity in Buffalo.

I've seen much worse. Finished 15th in Defense-adjusted Yards Above Replacement. 14th in QBR.

View attachment 118770
I agree...Marrone's team has made him better statistically but he is not consistent. Wasn't he like 7th in QBR a few weeks back? He has really stunk the last few games. The team really is forced to play around his limitations. If he plays decently, they are ok.

I agree...Marrone's team has made him better statistically but he is not consistent. Wasn't he like 7th in QBR a few weeks back? He has really stunk the last few games. The team really is forced to play around his limitations. If he plays decently, they are ok.
He's been playing with rookies and lost and found guys for the last month. He also has been without Robinson (Penn St ) all season and he is a legit super star receiver.

It's pathetic. I actually feel sorry for him at this point.

What's pathetic is Marrone derangement syndrome. The Buffalo media is obsessing 3yrs and two coaches later.

What's pathetic is Marrone derangement syndrome. The Buffalo media is obsessing 3yrs and two coaches later.
Well, to be fair to the Buffalo media it's not often that an NFL head coach quits and then three years later faces his former team in the playoffs.

Marrone has done a fine job but this miracle crap is overboard.
Jacksonville was the first team NFL history to draft in the top 5 of the NFL draft 5 years in a row.
They have loaded up on talent.
Starters from the draft
Last year
Leonard Fournette
Cam Robinson
Dede Westbrook
Jalen Ramsey
Sheldon Day
Myles Jack
Dante Fowler
Blake Bortles(same draft as David Carr and Jimmy G)
Marquis Lee
Allen Robinson.

Give the previous regime credit as well and they signed Malik Jackson.
Coughlin did handle the 2017 draft and signed Caleis Campbell.

However the team has more talent other than QB than most teams in the league.
Marrone isn’t a miracle worker. He has done a fine job not anything crazy.
The Jaguars played one of the weakest schedules as well.
AFC South x2
AFC North crap outside of Pitt but Jax pounded them.
NFC West crap division and Jax went 1-3 versus it.
NY Jets from the East lost to them.
LA Chargers from West real good for Jax.
10-6.
Good job by Marrone.

Jesus.

Joke post.

Yeah my post is the joke. Keep calling Doug a miracle worker though, cuz that's not a joke at all. He took a 6-10 Buffalo team and made them 9-7* and you proclaimed him the greatest thing since sliced bread because nobody could do that in Buffalo. Thinking that winning 9 games in Buffalo is a miracle is the biggest joke.

Marrone has done a fine job but this miracle crap is overboard.
Jacksonville was the first team NFL history to draft in the top 5 of the NFL draft 5 years in a row.
They have loaded up on talent.
Starters from the draft
Last year
Leonard Fournette
Cam Robinson
Dede Westbrook
Jalen Ramsey
Sheldon Day
Myles Jack
Dante Fowler
Blake Bortles(same draft as David Carr and Jimmy G)
Marquis Lee
Allen Robinson.

Give the previous regime credit as well and they signed Malik Jackson.
Coughlin did handle the 2017 draft and signed Caleis Campbell.

However the team has more talent other than QB than most teams in the league.
Marrone isn’t a miracle worker. He has done a fine job not anything crazy.
The Jaguars played one of the weakest schedules as well.
AFC South x2
AFC North crap outside of Pitt but Jax pounded them.
NFC West crap division and Jax went 1-3 versus it.
NY Jets from the East lost to them.
LA Chargers from West real good for Jax.
10-6.
Good job by Marrone.

Westbrook was on IR until the second half of the year, and is only starting because Hurns and then Lee have been out.

Robinson has been out for the season since the first series of the year.

Until Hurns got back they were featuring two rookies and a second year guy who didn't make it past the Raiders practice squad last year at WR, a rookie LT, and a rookie TB in a offense that went from 25th in TO the year before to 6th.

10-6 vs 3-13, with 5-11, 4-12, 3-13, and 2-12 prior to that.

Took a bottom feeder to hosting a playoff game in his first year. Who here is saying it's a miracle?

It's not that, but it's certainly more than a "good job".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom