Marrone's E-Mail to the players | Syracusefan.com

Marrone's E-Mail to the players

i love the random shouting

sometimes i found his time as Syracuse coach to be DIFFICULT too
It was Mantonio this whole time. I hope he keeps posting here, we could use the good vibes.

Very nice email. He said all the right things.
He did a nice job with it. Glad he took the time to reach out to the players as the presser was starting and glad he is going to meet with them in person before leaving for good.

I am going to miss Doug Marrone. Wish him the best with the Bills. The fried bologna sandwiches are gonna rock his world.

I like the letter and the meeting.

Posted this in the tenn interview thread but it's worth repeating here too.

Syracuse University will always be my school. I have never considered leaving Syracuse for another university.

Is it a bit windy in here?

Yeah - seems like he is taking the proper route out... that is commendable and very worthy of respect.

You see the stories of these coaches leaving w/o a word and have to wonder if some of them are robots, arseholes or both.

To My Players,
I am very sorry that I haven’t had an opportunity to speak to you in person regarding my move to the Buffalo Bills. It happened very quickly when I was not in Syracuse, and when most of you were not in Syracuse. I will explain everything in depth when I meet with you in-person this weekend.
For now, please know that accepting the job with the Bills was a very difficult decision for me. When I took this job four and a half years ago, I explained that being the Head Coach at Syracuse University had always been my dream job, and that was the truth. Attending Syracuse University changed my life, and from the time I left this campus in 1985, I dreamed about returning one day as the head football coach. I was finally given the opportunity, and it has been the most DIFFICULT and the most REWARDING professional experience of my life. I have learned so much from each of you. I do not have the words to express the satisfaction and the joy that coaching you has given me.
You are my guys. You will always be my guys. Syracuse University will always be my school. I have never considered leaving Syracuse for another university. But the fact is, when the Buffalo Bills called and offered to make me their head coach, I said yes because I am excited by the challenge.
I feel good about the progress the Syracuse Football Program has made under my leadership. I believe that I am leaving the program in much better condition than I found it. I will do everything in my power to ensure that your next head coach will continue on the path toward making Syracuse University a national football powerhouse. I will always support Syracuse University Football. I will always support each of you. If there is any way that I can help you with football and with your lives after football, reach out to me. Reach out to me even when you need nothing, I want to hear how my guys are doing.
Thank you for fulfilling a dream that I’ve had since I was 22 years old. Thank you for the privilege of being your coach. My thoughts and my heart will be with you on every down of every game.
Work hard every day. Never take a short-cut. Never quit.
Love,
Coach Marrone

You can say alot of things about how DM went about this the wrong way, but he also didn't even have to write this. He could've pulled an Edsall or a Graham and just bounced with no sorrows. I think that is very well done and after Sunday night, I have a slight inkling that he will still be held in high regard amongst the players, staff and rest of the program.

Onward and upward, Syracuse Football.

To My Players,
I am very sorry that I haven’t had an opportunity to speak to you in person regarding my move to the Buffalo Bills. It happened very quickly when I was not in Syracuse, and when most of you were not in Syracuse. I will explain everything in depth when I meet with you in-person this weekend.
For now, please know that accepting the job with the Bills was a very difficult decision for me. When I took this job four and a half years ago, I explained that being the Head Coach at Syracuse University had always been my dream job, and that was the truth. Attending Syracuse University changed my life, and from the time I left this campus in 1985, I dreamed about returning one day as the head football coach. I was finally given the opportunity, and it has been the most DIFFICULT and the most REWARDING professional experience of my life. I have learned so much from each of you. I do not have the words to express the satisfaction and the joy that coaching you has given me.
You are my guys. You will always be my guys. Syracuse University will always be my school. I have never considered leaving Syracuse for another university. But the fact is, when the Buffalo Bills called and offered to make me their head coach, I said yes because I am excited by the challenge.
I feel good about the progress the Syracuse Football Program has made under my leadership. I believe that I am leaving the program in much better condition than I found it. I will do everything in my power to ensure that your next head coach will continue on the path toward making Syracuse University a national football powerhouse. I will always support Syracuse University Football. I will always support each of you. If there is any way that I can help you with football and with your lives after football, reach out to me. Reach out to me even when you need nothing, I want to hear how my guys are doing.
Thank you for fulfilling a dream that I’ve had since I was 22 years old. Thank you for the privilege of being your coach. My thoughts and my heart will be with you on every down of every game.
Work hard every day. Never take a short-cut. Never quit.
Love,
Coach Marrone

You can say alot of things about how DM went about this the wrong way, but he also didn't even have to write this. He could've pulled an Edsall or a Graham and just bounced with no sorrows. I think that is very well done and after Sunday night, I have a slight inkling that he will still be held in high regard amongst the players, staff and rest of the program.

Onward and upward, Syracuse Football.

That's the coach I was so high on. Might be BS, but it strikes me as sincere. When JB said he'd do right by the University and his players, this was a part of it. I think suggesting Shafer and not adding Hackett to his staff is another part of it.

Wonderful email, said the right things. I expect that Sunday will be an emotional meeting.

It is time to move on from Doug, but his character and his accomplishments here must not be forgotten.

I can remember being a lurker on the old board when his name first surfaced and my reaction was who the f*** is that? It could not have worked out better looking back...

Go Bills! Go Orange! Now and Always.

It was just a coincidence, but I got something caught in my eye as I was reading that and they got a little watery. But it was just a coincidence.

That felt incredibly sincere- the offer of help, the request to stay in touch, signing the letter "Love".

I'm going to miss Doug Marrone.

I hope he doesn't hesitate to come around. Now that he is an NFL coach is there anything prohibiting him from being around the team?

I like the letter and the meeting.

Posted this in the tenn interview thread but it's worth repeating here too.

great great letter now that he has signed. some wondered where he was tho when the rumors were flying that he was then wasnt interviewing etc. an email may have been nice then too. and the meeting was a pre planned end of the season meeting but is the easiest way for him to meet with them which i am sure he would have done even if this meeting wasnt already scheduled.

I hope he doesn't hesitate to come around. Now that he is an NFL coach is there anything prohibiting him from being around the team?
Quick drive for him to be at a home game

Classy by Doug and I wish him nothing but the best.

I too think he was very sincere.

Am I the only one that is not moved by this at all? Sincere or not it all just seems a very empty "have to do it" move at this point given the lack of activity until now. But what do I know?

It was just a coincidence, but I got something caught in my eye as I was reading that and they got a little watery. But it was just a coincidence.

That felt incredibly sincere- the offer of help, the request to stay in touch, signing the letter "Love".

I'm going to miss Doug Marrone.

Yup - x2.

Will miss him too. Class act.

That said, I hope you fail...I hate the Bills...

Sorry Dougie, nothing personal...

Just a great, great letter. Said all the right things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom