Marrone's Injury "Reports" | Syracusefan.com

Marrone's Injury "Reports"

realcusefan888

Walk On
While I am HUGE supporter of coach M...This latest injury report gives you nothing. Larger programs than us give the fans and media something to go on. Withholding injury info does no make a player heal quicker! Upper body and lower body injury? Really? For Chandler is that an ingrown toe nail or did his leg fall off??? Did Fisher bite his tongue or does he have 6 broken ribs??? We and the media deserve more. No idea whether this is one game or several for Chandler.
Anyone have info?

GO CUSE?

Why do we deserve to know more? It's a tactical game that coaches play between each other. It doesn't have anything to do with us.

I agree. Yes, it is frustrating not knowing what and how long the injury is gonna be.
I am in the group that all we need to know is so and so is hurt, so and so will be filling in and that the team will move forward. Honestly, when I do get the info on an injury it usually gets me angry, lol, so the less I know the better.

I'm guessing that Marrone is providing only the minimum info that the BE requires.

Marrone needs to do what he needs to do in these situations. No sense complaining about it if he's following the rules and acting in the best interest of the team.

But I will say, given the lack of information that the fans and media get, we shouldn't complain about all the expansion topics. Gotta talk about something. We've talked the game to death, no one cares about what URI brings to the table, and there is no news from the team...

Why does the Media feel like the 4th side of the government and that they know is a must. Why cant he do what he wants and its no persons business about peoples injury...whatever happened to doctor client confidentiality?

While I am HUGE supporter of coach M...This latest injury report gives you nothing. Larger programs than us give the fans and media something to go on. Withholding injury info does no make a player heal quicker! Upper body and lower body injury? Really? For Chandler is that an ingrown toe nail or did his leg fall off??? Did Fisher bite his tongue or does he have 6 broken ribs??? We and the media deserve more. No idea whether this is one game or several for Chandler.
Anyone have info?

GO CUSE?

Heres what's likely happening. Given the fact that Jones played the whole game and seemed slowed a bit and the scuttlebutt is that its a knee issue he's likely dealing with a nagging meniscal cartilage issue would be my guess. You can play through it albeit at reduced efficiency and put off invasive surgery til seasons end, kind of like Terrence Roberts did a few years back with hoops. The fact that it's RI this weekend my guess is that they're likely deciding to give Jones rest saving him for later in the season knowing they can take care of RI without him.

The way Oliver looked post game says the same to me on that last point and that his upper body injury in minor. Anderson on the other hand, everything about the way that went down suggests to me that he'll be laid up for a while. Let's hope I'm right on the first two guys and wrong on the last one.

didnt someone rumor that it was an LCL issue?

I'm always amazed at the fans that think the coaches or players "owe us an explanation." Fact is they don't. Marrone thinks it's important to protect player's privacy relating to health issues as much as possible, so he gives the minimum. Yes I'd like to know, but I don't hold Marrone responsible or think it's really an issue. We'll find out eventually.

And I don't care what other "larger" programs do. They also cheat, pay players, etc. Should we do that to because that's what "larger" programs do? Come on now.

didnt someone rumor that it was an LCL issue?
Heard that. If it is it will be the first LCL injury of significance I've heard of in my 20+ year health care career.

Why do we deserve to know more? It's a tactical game that coaches play between each other. It doesn't have anything to do with us.

Player's privacy??? coaching tactics? give me a break guys...These are athletes with football related injuries! Nobody has Herpes here! and as far as coaching tactics...really? against RI? Are you telling me we are playing coy with injuries to throw RI off? Will they start another left tackle in response?

Player's privacy??? coaching tactics? give me a break guys...These are athletes with football related injuries! Nobody has Herpes here! and as far as coaching tactics...really? against RI? Are you telling me we are playing coy with injuries to throw RI off? Will they start another left tackle in response?
Why do you deserve to know anything? Are you going to skip the game if you can't watch Chandler play?

Oh so RI is the last game of the year? Lordy

Yes player's privacy. Just because larger programs don't respect their player's privacy doesn't mean it's not OK for Marrone to. It's Marrone's decision, and part of his program. Nothing wrong with it. We, as fans, are owed nothing more than their best effort on the field. Period.

I'm guessing that Marrone is providing only the minimum info that the BE requires.

You are correct. Since the changes in requirements last year, you no longer actually even have to report injuries. See: Pitt last year. They didn't report a single injury. You are now allowed to be as vague as you want to be.

My man, Bill Belichick, listed Tom Brady as "probable (shoulder)" for every game like 6 years in a row... and I thought it was the most fantastic thing ever.

Marrone owes you nothing.

Need to check out the twits to get the real updates... Chandler sending out any updates?

Anyone have info?

GO CUSE?
There are legal privacy issues he needs to be care ful of . Medical condition it seems is an important aspect of that regulation. Its not being withheld to piss you or me off believe me , its not. I don't know if this is a federal or ncaa thing. I know in my old industry od banking it was federal as well as the medical community.:eek:

Anyone have info?

GO CUSE?
My understanding that HIPAA regulations prevent an employer or school disclosing personal medical information. This applies to students-at-large as well as student athletes. IMO this is as it should be. It's nobodies business.

My man, Bill Belichick, listed Tom Brady as "probable (shoulder)" for every game like 6 years in a row... and I thought it was the most fantastic thing ever.

Marrone owes you nothing.
Couldn't agree more

My understanding that HIPAA regulations prevent an employer or school disclosing personal medical information. This applies to students-at-large as well as student athletes. IMO this is as it should be. It's nobodies business.
If you are a betting person knowing the health of key players is important but other then that I agree not your effn business. If he plays fine. If not put in the depth chart players and pat them on the back while wishing them the best. I love the backup players when given their chance to shine or flop. Either way it answers questions ,I would think. It can verify the coaching choice or make a mockery of same.:rolling:

Nobody has Herpes here!

How in the hell do you know if my herpes has been cured? While your at it, can you give me a hemorrhoid update too? I have a hard time seeing my own a$$. Mostly because my wife looks at me funny when I try to look at it in the mirror.

RealCusefan needs to give a weekly syracusefan.com injury report. My colon will be listed as "Questionable" this week, while my ED shall be listed as "probable."

Don't think we deserve to know much of anything about injuries...but I'd sure like to know how long the player will be out. Without that info I'll probably end up keeping an eye on the tunnel all game waiting for Chandler to make a heroic return (w/ smoke machine) to lead the Orange to victory.