marrone's personality on the sidelines | Syracusefan.com

marrone's personality on the sidelines

NFL mentality

Marrone has zero charisma, probably part of the reason he can't recruit.

is more along the lines of an ameoba.

no emotion at all,and the playcaller in the booth needs to find a new position to coach.4 straight 3 and outs against one of the worst defenses for all divisions.

my kid tells me to wake him up in o.t. after we

ent up 24-7

Please with the posts about sideline demeanor. What in God's name does that have to do with anything?

Please with the posts about sideline demeanor. What in God's name does that have to do with anything?

Not a thing. Complaining for the sake of complaining, it seems.

that rollout is tough to watch -- everyone knows where it is going

This team needs a yeller and screamer right now. Smash water coolers, throw chairs, what have you. That doesn't seem to be in Doug's personality.

players feed off emotion,and teams that lack top end talent needs a little something some of the times.

rolling your eyes when a certain player gets his weekly personal foul called just doesn't cut it any more.

get in his face and send a message.

Agree. Football is such an emotional game and when your coach constantly looks like he's going over some excel spreadsheet on how many hoses needs to be sold this month...well...

I don't care if Marrone is doing Cartwheels on the sideline. I care more that his leadership lead us to a bad loss vs Rutgirls and we had to escape against Rhode Island and ing Tulane in year three.

that fake pitch then the rollout to the back side has used up it's nine lives as the play is only good for 3 yards max now as everyone knows the t.e. is getting the pass thrown his way.

we're just one or two tries away from a pick six on that play

This play, how would Roger Ebert put it...

I hate this play. Hate hate hate hate hate this play. Hate it. Hate every simpering stupid vacant insulting moment of it. Hate the sensibility that thought any defense would be fooled by it. Hate the implied insult to the audience by its belief that anyone would be entertained by it.

is more along the lines of an ameoba.

no emotion at all,and the playcaller in the booth needs to find a new position to coach.4 straight 3 and outs against one of the worst defenses for all divisions.

my kid tells me to wake him up in o.t. after we went up 24-7

thank you!!! depressed, flat affect, nothing inspiring!!! looks like he lost his best friend and at this point hoping thats hackett!!!!

Would you rather have a coach on the sideline who has a panic attack at the slightest sign of adversity, or a coach who exudes confidence?

Animated doesn't mean better.

People scoff and turn their noses up when Brian Kelly goes ballistic on the sideline, and now we've got people whining because Doug is calm.

I seriously can never get over how freaking fickle people can be.

Show me where I scoffed and turned up my nose at Brian Kelly.

Would you rather have a coach on the sideline who has a panic attack at the slightest sign of adversity, or a coach who exudes confidence?

Animated doesn't mean better.

Can't there be a happy medium?

Show me where I scoffed and turned up my nose at Brian Kelly.
What exactly makes you believe I was talking directly to you? There were a few threads earlier this year reprimanding Brian Kelly for his sideline antics. You never even registered with me when I was writing that post.

Jesus Christ, people, I never said anyone compared him to Brian Kelly. It's an example of an animated coach. Good lord.

Coach Pasqualoni was the same way wasn't he???
We did ok with him until we fired him and the new big east came around.

What exactly makes you believe I was talking directly to you? There were a few threads earlier this year reprimanding Brian Kelly for his sideline antics. You never even registered with me when I was writing that post.

zibby said:
This team needs a yeller and screamer right now. Smash water coolers, throw chairs, what have you. That doesn't seem to be in Doug's personality.

jekelish said:
we've got people whining because Doug is calm

Why in the world would I think you were referring to me?

You do realize that 1) other people have been saying the same thing, and 2) MULTIPLE people were saying the same crap throughout the game. I don't even know who the hell you are, so no, I wasn't referring to you.

Lighten up, Francis.

Can't there be a happy medium?

Not on this board. SMH...I don't get it. Doug's demeanor on the sidelines should be a non issue. I actually think the kids respond better to a calmer coach as they don't think that there is panic or a needed rush to get things going, keeping their heart rates down hopefully letting them play better. I believe that the kids we have have now know that the calm HCDM is the good HCDM. If it was all yell and animation, things could become worse.

Should there be worry or a fear that things need to get going, sure, but that's what the asst. coaches and fellow team mates are there for. Let them be the aggressors, and let the HC keep the calm demeanor. I'm sure players will respond to this better

So you want to bring back the likes of Grob and his animated/psychotic sideline behavior and go 1-11?
Sometimes the people here really make me worry about our fan base.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom