VaTech Gametime: Noon on The CW | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

VaTech Gametime: Noon on The CW

Well, we went from the penthouse to the outhouse.

Bad games have consequences. I am sure the ACC fears another beatdown.
And frankly SU teams in the past would suffer that exact fate.
Lets see if DART makes a real difference.

Besides, I imagine FSU and NC will be quite competitive. They both stink!

I was hoping for 330 but darn glad it isn't another night game.

I expected Noon but to lose out to UNC vs FSU at 330, two god awful teams is ridiculous. Another brilliant decision by the good old boy conference
FSU and even UNC historically get better TV numbers than we do. The networks made their choices accordingly. Hope they get a record bad rating for that game so they never do this again.

FSU and even UNC historically get better TV numbers than we do. The networks made their choices accordingly. Hope they get a record bad rating for that game so they never do this again.
It’s all part of the lawsuit with FSU and ratings. Regulate them to the CW and they will cry some more.

Well, so much for the tailgate. :(

We have a reunion event from 9:00-10:00. I guess we'll grab a brew & bite on the quad on the way to the Dome. Suckage.

Well, maybe we'll join the tailgate anyway. :)

They might or Anticosti in Rome and a few
Others might carry it, but that particular brew they keep in short supply.
I have bought it at The Fair Deli at times. And The Wildcat has it fairly often along with Focal Banger for consumption on site.

You being a quality craft beer drinker surprises me!
I make up for my moderate quantities with impeccable quality. Worked a project in Burlington, Vt. a few years back and the Hilton bar tender turned me on to Alchemist. My buddy and I spent the last day on site that week following Heady Spotter to find someplace we could load up and carry a couple cases home.
Damn bartender is solely responsible for the rampant increase in my beer budget!

I make up for my moderate quantities with impeccable quality. Worked a project in Burlington, Vt. a few years back and the Hilton bar tender turned me on to Alchemist. My buddy and I spent the last day on site that week following Heady Spotter to find someplace we could load up and carry a couple cases home.
Damn bartender is solely responsible for the rampant increase in my beer budget!
My brother in law and sister were for mine... Nothing like Trillium and Treehouse runs before and during Covid of the tune of $1400 a pop... 6-7 cases a trip. A former coworkers son worked at Hillstead for a bit too

Boooo
Sorry... I wear it like only one game a year usually... But I grad there Masters, and only attended SU in high school... Hey... Smith also played for my favorite NFL team... Washington Redskins so I guess double booos from the Bills fans

Sorry... I wear it like only one game a year usually... But I grad there Masters, and only attended SU in high school... Hey... Smith also played for my favorite NFL team... Washington Redskins so I guess double booos from the Bills fans
Just wear a Cuse T under it. Then you can peel it off when we go up by three TDs!

Just wear a Cuse T under it. Then you can peel it off when we go up by three TDs!
I got a Bright Construction orange hat with VT on it... so I'll blend in with the white jersey until they see the numbers or the front of the hat... But yeah I planned on doing that too... My ticket holder buddies all around are going to give me looks for a while in the Dome... Hey Orange is a VT color...

Noon isn't optimal for many diehard fans who want to tailgate, but maybe the school requested the time slot due to Homecoming? Someone else on this thread has mentioned that is the preferred time for Homecoming weekend. Is a school requesting a time slot even a thing?
Actually 3:00- 3:30 works better for homecoming. It is hard to get everything set up for 10am tailgate. But also the staff is tired, so the staff likes noon. But there are traditionally some school breakfasts on Saturday morning and still things that interfere with the university of the quad events.

Well, so much for the tailgate. :(

We have a reunion event from 9:00-10:00. I guess we'll grab a brew & bite on the quad on the way to the Dome. Suckage.

Well, maybe we'll join the tailgate anyway. :)
Just the point I made in response to the university liking the noon spot and why that is not true. I had not read through the posts yet. Newhouse usually has a breakfast on Saturday morning. The staff likes to go home early, but homecoming is not about the staff, and it is their job to make the weekend work for the alumni, not themselves.

We’re talking about FSU nationally broadcast and bad team performance for a solo game spot is how to to expect 3:30 ? Poor way to get viewers imo.
Is anyone actually still interested in FSU.

Is anyone actually still interested in FSU.
Not really. I just got trashed when I mentioned out horrible stats we have at SU in the FSU thread and some had to make it about VT in my name. Whatever. Of course I’ll be at the game as I’ve been in the dome as a kid when it was built, with the local music boosters and such running the concession stands and still a season ticket holder.

Per wikipedia,

Counting only conventional CW affiliates and over-the-air affiliates of the CW Plus, the network has an estimated combined national reach of 100-percent of all households in the United States (or 330,866,316 Americans with at least one television set); this makes the CW the largest U.S. broadcast network by population reach percentage.

So there is *potential* for 330 million people to watch us on Saturday. It's not likely. It's improbable. Definitely a better shot that an asteroid that is about to destroy Earth is blown apart by a hand-delivered nuclear device implemented by oil drillers that learn how to become astronauts in a few weeks and the world is saved... But it is not impossible. And I think if we allow Otto to play QB for every third series, we could get some real numbers.

OR, while I know they now allow headset comms for college QBs, we could still call in plays with giant photos of Chuck Bass or Veronica Mars that could also garner some numbers.

OR, if we have Fran Brown start his pre-game interview with, "Hey, Upper East Siders, Gossip Girl here".

You get the idea. Unlimited potential for us to do HUGE numbers and make the networks and the ACC rue the day they treated us as second-class citizens on the underappreciated CW network.

If only I could get the CW at my house on antenna or Directv Streaming.

and maybe someday in HD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom