Marvin Graves Needs Help | Syracusefan.com

Marvin Graves Needs Help

FreakTalksAboutSU

All American
Not sure how many of you are active on the Facebook page associated with this site, but I wanted to cross post this here.

Marvin P Graves
20 hrs
HAPPY NEW YEAR SU FAMILY!! IT'S WITH SADNESS THAT I AM WRITING THIS POST! AS MOST OF YOU KNOW I AM THE CO-OWNER OF A SPORTS GRILL IN NW DC. WE HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR OVER 2 1/2 YEARS. I AM FACING EVICTION IN THE NEAR...NEAR FUTURE BECAUSE OF BACK RENT. THERE ARE DIFFERENT VARIABLES THAT LED TO THIS SITUATION. I'M PUTTING MY PRIDE ASIDE AND ASKING IF COLLECTIVELY WE CAN SOLVE THIS ISSUE!! THE BACK RENT IS JUST UNDER 50K...WITH THE DEVELOPMENT GOING ON IN THE AREA I WOULD BE DEVASTATED TO LOSE THIS SPOT THAT I HAVE GIVEN THE SAME EFFORT THAT I PUT INTO THE PLAYING FIELDS!! LIKE I SAID BEFORE, I'M PUTTING MY PRIDE ASIDE AND ASKING FOR HELP. ANYTHING THAT ANYONE CAN DO I THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

He is working on getting a GoFundMe site up ASAP and I will share it when he shares the link (or if anyone else sees it first feel free to do so). Time is of the essence here as he may be evicted as soon as next Wednesday!

Last edited:
Where is the business plan that shows how he will sustain business and not go back into the same situation? At least have something tangible for investors (which is what we would be) to review.

Yea I mean that sucks for Marvin, but thats flat out ridiculous to ask for rent money.
Is this the Marin Harrison we think it is? How on earth could he have possibly spent the millions he made playing? Maybe he was hanging out with Allen Iverson.

Is this the Marin Harrison we think it is? How on earth could he have possibly spent the millions he made playing? Maybe he was hanging out with Allen Iverson.

Graves, not Harrison.

Um...yeah. Sucks that your business is failing. Wish I could help.

Go Orange

I was a big fan of Marvin, but I'm sorry a gofundmepage for a business owner, there are others who needs the money a lot more.

Not sure how many of you are active on the Facebook page associated with this site, but I wanted to cross post this here.

He is working on getting a GoFundMe site up ASAP and I will share it when he shares the link (or if anyone else sees it first feel free t o do so). Time is of the essence here as he may be evicted as soon as next Wednesday!

His first mistake was renting the building. If he rented the building to see how the business would go before buying, that was his first mistake. I have owned a restaurant so I know what I am talking about. If you don't buy the property, don't open a restaurant, rule of thumb.

Pretty harsh, guys. He states there were circumstances outside their control, that there is optimism based on development in the area and that he is committed to success of the business. I respect the effort to make a small business successful and was a huge Graves fan back in the day. Met him at the PSU game at MetLife a couple of years ago and enjoyed meeting him and his family. If throwing him a few $$ might help I'm in. Call me naive and very likely a shortfall in business acumen may have played a part here but he's one of ours and is asking for help.

Kinda want to share this on West Virginia's board...like tossing a grenade & then walking away.
Well, if Michael Graham can wish Andre Hawkins happy birthday on Facebook anything is possible!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom