Maryland: Durkin Fired | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Maryland: Durkin Fired

And a child shall lead them.
I smell boycott

One thing with this board back during the Bernie scandal, the general sentiment was if JB knew that he had to go. It wasn’t unanimous, but I think it was a clear majority. Seeing PSU, OSU, Baylor and now Maryland fans stand up for a coach over victims makes me sick. The Maryland SB nation site is a cesspool of support for Durkin.

One thing with this board back during the Bernie scandal, the general sentiment was if JB knew that he had to go. It wasn’t unanimous, but I think it was a clear majority. Seeing PSU, OSU, Baylor and now Maryland fans stand up for a coach over victims makes me sick. The Maryland SB nation site is a cesspool of support for Durkin.

In fairness to UMd fans their twoforseven board is pretty even, and may actually be slight majority opposed to keeping DJD.

They should’ve waited until after the season was over. This is Canada’s team now. A great way to make a Cluster into a Mega Cluster.

In fairness to UMd fans their twoforseven board is pretty even, and may actually be slight majority opposed to keeping DJD.

And their non message board fans/alumni seem disgusted on Twitter. So I may have to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Honestly don’t think this is going to last. Maryland politicians seem outraged and the media reaction is pretty strong.

Our new president is a lawyer, too. That's not the point I'm trying to make. The College Park campus doesn't have a law school; only the Baltimore campus does and it has its own president (he's an MD because of all the health sciences stuff is there). If Loh had been president at the Baltimore campus, OK. But why would he want to be president there and why did the Regents pick a lawyer to head a campus without a law school?
I followed your reasoning. As is my wont, I went off on a bit of a tangent. Sorry..

“Multiple players anonymously complain that the coaching staff would subject teams during meal time to disturbing videos. According to Gus Little, this included videos of serial killers, drills entering eyeballs, and bloody scenes with animals eating animals.”

Whaaaaaat? Friggin weirdo.

Was listening to Freddy Coleman on the way to my axe throwing league and a caller had an incredible hot take saying that D1 football practices are mostly film study and light reps so the player is responsible because he should have been in better shape.

There is no plausible way Durkin can or should keep his job, what on Gods green earth are they smoking in Maryland?

Side Note would love to hear the REAL reason why Scott Shafer stepped aside from the Maryland DC job!

Even if you think he can rehabilitate himself, it shouldn't be at Maryland.

What is the status of scholarships under the current NCAA regs? If players refuse to perform in protest, can the school rescind their scholarships?

What is the status of scholarships under the current NCAA regs? If players refuse to perform in protest, can the school rescind their scholarships?
I hope they boycott. The NCAA supposedly exists to protect the players. The school is obviously not. They need to be exempt from transfer penalties or boycotts. PROTECT the players. If they boycott, and the school rescinds their scholarships, the fall out on the school would massive. Force the board to resign, and let the president fire the coach.

This whole thing is disgusting. Protect your players, NCAA.

This is the playbook of the rich and powerful - and they get away with it on a regular basis. I hope the entire MD team transfers out but that is asking alot of them.

If you elect me Emperor of the World, I'd go Mongolian on the entire MD power structure starting with that POS Brady, but only after I was done with PedSt.

I hope they boycott. The NCAA supposedly exists to protect the players. The school is obviously not. They need to be exempt from transfer penalties or boycotts. PROTECT the players. If they boycott, and the school rescinds their scholarships, the fall out on the school would massive. Force the board to resign, and let the president fire the coach.

This whole thing is disgusting. Protect your players, NCAA.[/QUOTE]

While I agree with your statement, what in the NCAA's past actions gives you confidence that they will actually do their job?

Penn State - It's OK to protect a child molester so long as you win
the Ohio State University - It's OK for players to sell off gear and autographs so long as you win
Michigan State University - It's OK for your trainer to molest gymnasts so long as you win
Auburn University - It's OK to pay a player's father sol long as you win
Alabama - We will never investigate anything (payments to players/families, academics, recruiting, etc,) so long as you win

I concede that the NCAA gets tough with a few schools:
USC - You cannot allow a booster buy a player's father a house (see Auburn), you lose your championship
SU - You cannot self report violations without 10 years of legal expenses to prove you did what you say you did

To be resolved:
Baylor - It's OK to allow players to rape co-eds so long as you win (Baylor seems to be getting off VERY light in light of what happened, a la PedStateU)

The trends show that the big state U's are generally let off light to no penalty (see UNC - University of No Classes - how can you claim a player is a student if he never has to go to a class that does not exist?), penalize private U's (and small directional state U's) to appear tough, but the discernment is that if there is a big state ready to back the school, there will be no penalties.

Maryland fits the big state U model and does anyone really believe the NCAA will stand up to them? Seriously, the pretended to play tough with PedState until the state politicians started blowing smoke, then the NCAA folded with no resistance.

If i was a parent of a high school football player and anyone from Maryland called to talk to my child id immediately hang up the phone. How can he possibly recruit anyone now?

“Multiple players anonymously complain that the coaching staff would subject teams during meal time to disturbing videos. According to Gus Little, this included videos of serial killers, drills entering eyeballs, and bloody scenes with animals eating animals.”

Whaaaaaat? Friggin weirdo.
If true, dude has serious mental illness.

The program has been drowning in red ink and they don’t want to pay the guy off so they make a horrific decision that will end up costing them more money than buying out Durkin. Welcome to big business brilliance in America.

The sports Gods put quite a curse on the B1G selections of Maryland and Rutgers.

What cable subscriber price can you put on completely embarrassing a once proud league at every turn?

Of course, it's the league of Penn State, Ohio State and Michigan State, so maybe they fit in better than I'm thinking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom