Maryland: Durkin Fired | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Maryland: Durkin Fired

Am I correct in understanding that MD fired Durkin, Loh reinstated him and then fired him the next day? The part I guess I missed was the initial firing.
Loh recommended his dismissal. Board over ruled, and he resigned. Fallout caused the only firing.

Thamel floating Dino’s name bc someone asked for it to be floated. Agents do that type of thing.

Get used to this. I lived through Tom O’Brien yearly flirtations.

Thamel has zero connections to Syracuse anymore. ZERO.

He’s a troll as an alum and has been so for 5 years.

You sure? Guy 100% speaks to agents etc. this wouldn’t come from SU, it comes from the coach. He may not have Gross on speed dial but I’m sure Wildhack has his guys in the media as well.

I’m not worried about Maryland as a destination,
I’m worried about the 10 more jobs that open and he’s a candidate for.

I'd like to think they reinstated him to bolster their legal case. I highly doubt it.

You may be right.

Perhaps UMD tried to quietly agree to his resignation and he was having none of it, daring them to make it a legal fight. If you are correct, they called his bluff, "recommended" he be reinstated, let the mob (not always wrong and in this instance, very right) "pressure" leadership to fire him. As nobody has confidence, that may substitute "for Cause", i.e. inability to perform his duties adequately.

You sure? Guy 100% speaks to agents etc. this wouldn’t come from SU, it comes from the coach. He may not have Gross on speed dial but I’m sure Wildhack has his guys in the media as well.

I’m not worried about Maryland as a destination,
I’m worried about the 10 more jobs that open and he’s a candidate for.

Yes Thamel is trolling us. Guaranteed. Look at anything he’s written about Syracuse the past 5 years. He’s got a vendetta.

Yes Thamel is trolling us. Guaranteed. Look at anything he’s written about Syracuse the past 5 years. He’s got a vendetta.

Oh I’m sure he does. (Sigh) Absurd to think that. Guy is top notch and has probably buried SU football justifiably since he graduated.

He’s a guy who went to Syracuse not some blogger who is Syracuse slanted. It’s called being a professional

Gotta love Pete!!

2. Dino Babers, Syracuse – Maryland fans recall the 48-27 shellacking that Babers put on them while at Bowling Green. Babers getting Syracuse into the national rankings for the first time in 17 years thrusts him into the conversation. His offense would give Maryland a much-needed identity. The success he’s had recruiting that area at Syracuse shouldn’t be overlooked.

Maryland? Maybe he should hold out for Rutgers?

Oh I’m sure he does. (Sigh) Absurd to think that. Guy is top notch and has probably buried SU football justifiably since he graduated.

He’s a guy who went to Syracuse not some blogger who is Syracuse slanted. It’s called being a professional

No he’s anti Syracuse slanted. You can disagree all you want, but other posters agree with me.

Babers is going to be wanted by other schools. It's going to happen. Just gotta hope that SU ponies up the dough and that DB wants to stay here.

Babers is going to be wanted by other schools. It's going to happen. Just gotta hope that SU ponies up the dough and that DB wants to stay here.

Yep hopefully no jobs open up that are a good fit for him like there were last year and more importantly we need to do what is necessary to keep him

Thamel doesn’t like Boeheim and the only person from SU he has gotten along with since he left is Dr. Gross.
He has a hair across his ass for Syracuse.
Maryland is not a step up from Syracuse. To suggest Babers is such a cheap shot at his Alma mater.
If you said Penn State okay but not Maryland. Franklin went from Vanderbilt to Penn State.
Maryland is at best the 5th best program in its division. That job is a coach killer for a guy like Babers.
Thamel is trolling.

Thamel doesn’t like Boeheim and the only person from SU he has gotten along with since he left is Dr. Gross.
He has a hair across his ass for Syracuse.
Maryland is not a step up from Syracuse. To suggest Babers is such a cheap shot at his Alma mater.
If you said Penn State okay but not Maryland. Franklin went from Vanderbilt to Penn State.
Maryland is at best the 5th best program in its division. That job is a coach killer for a guy like Babers.
Thamel is trolling.

Honestly just because he doesn’t like Boeheim doesn’t mKe him a bad guy. Boeheim is not the most pleasant guy especially when Pete was on the hill (he was there right after me).

I think Dino’s name is floated bc he’s good and people want him. This is gonna happen a lot and it won’t be because Pete wanrs the imminent destruction of SU.

Gotta love Pete!!

2. Dino Babers, Syracuse – Maryland fans recall the 48-27 shellacking that Babers put on them while at Bowling Green. Babers getting Syracuse into the national rankings for the first time in 17 years thrusts him into the conversation. His offense would give Maryland a much-needed identity. The success he’s had recruiting that area at Syracuse shouldn’t be overlooked.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I have two competing theories:

1. Professional adults with professional adult jobs are spending a disproportionate amount of their time trolling message board posters

2. Message board posters are disproportionately sensitive in matters regarding their favorite team.

I have two competing theories:

1. Professional adults with professional adult jobs are spending a disproportionate amount of their time trolling message board posters

2. Message board posters are disproportionately sensitive in matters regarding their favorite team.

I’m sensitive I agree, but Thamel is far from fair. Find me one thing positive he’s written about us and I might agree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom