Maryland Gameday... | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Maryland Gameday...

When did "make it take it" face-offs begin? I can't think of another sport where one player controls so much of the game. Also, it's antithetical to the whole "grow the game" mantra (which is really kinda B.S. anyway).

When did "make it take it" face-offs begin? I can't think of another sport where one player controls so much of the game. Also, it's antithetical to the whole "grow the game" mantra (which is really kinda B.S. anyway).
Its interesting. I was watching the Sixes last night and really enjoyed NOT watching face-offs other than at the beginning of the periods. Some sort of hybrid between the current college rules and Sixes would be great. You make a very good point - the other major sport where face-offs happen after each goal is hockey. Face-off domination is rare in hockey and the number of goals is much fewer so you are correct.

Its interesting. I was watching the Sixes last night and really enjoyed NOT watching face-offs other than at the beginning of the periods. Some sort of hybrid between the current college rules and Sixes would be great. You make a very good point - the other major sport where face-offs happen after each goal is hockey. Face-off domination is rare in hockey and the number of goals is much fewer so you are correct.

I was watching the sixes too and thinking the same thing. Face offs have to much control of the the outcomes of games. U have a great one and just a decent team u will be a very good team. U have a bad one but a decent team u will be terrible. U have a bad one but a good team u will still lose some games and not be as good as u should be. I like face offs but they need to limit them somehow. They can't have so much control over winning and losing. Like the Maryland game they had 20 more possessions then SU. Very difficult to win when the other team gets 20 more possessions. It can't be after every goal. They need to limit them somehow. Not get rid of them but less draws.

It’s one of those things where you are only going to have the convo as a fan base when things aren’t going well there. It can become an afterthought when you are solid at the x. We were not talking about it at all with Phaup last year. For now it’s the world we live in and we will have to tighten the screws on D. While obviously not good for the result of the game, it was good to see the D (at least when not man down) improve in the second half against MD. They seemed to gain some chemistry as a unit with the barrage of reps. Agree with what others have said about trying other fogos on the roster more often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom