Maryland lands at least three we were after | Syracusefan.com

Maryland lands at least three we were after

I still don't think SU was really "after" Goins.
I would disagree back in July of 2011 he cut his list to three SU, Vandy, Tulane and said he was hearing from SU the most. Rob Moore was his recruiter. As was pointed out in this thread he said we were after him as a linebacker and was listed at 5-10 210, smaller than Cameron Lynch who is now listed at 5-11 223..

We cooled on Goins as did Tulane and he ran with the late offer from Maryland. He hadn't heard from us in two months.

Brown and Goins committed to the Terps after we had secured verbals from McFarlane and Morris, although I don't know that we ever even got a visit.
Gallo committed to MD this summer, but I'm feeling pretty good about Parris and Thompson. I don't see us landing all 3.
Not sure what the deal with Logan was, but I sensed our initial interest cooled. I'm surprised he didn't have more offers. The article lists only NW and NC St., but Scout has several others, including SU. I'm wondering if grades are an issue.

Locksley (sp) is an excellent recruiter and will be very tough for SU to beat in the DC/Maryland/Virginia area, good pickup by Edsall.

locksley didn't recruit any of those guys.

locksley didn't recruit any of those guys.

That may be true but he will be a big asset for Maryland and since he didn't help get those guys it looks like Edsall is doing better recruiting (if you go by the recruiting services) than he did at UConn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom