Maryland | Syracusefan.com

Maryland

Briancuse

Living Legend
Is there a more disappointing team than the twerps, getting blown out again today at home by Iowa, and people actually thought they could be decent.

Is there a more disappointing team than the twerps, getting blown out again today at home by Iowa, and people actually thought they could be decent.

Well they are 22-7. I'd call that decent. But yes today against Iowa was flat out pathetic, although Iowa played their best game of the year.

Last edited:
They played like they didn't give a damn. Maybe knowing that they're in the dance took their edge off?

Terrible loss.

Well they are 22-7. I'd call that decent. But yes today against Iowa was flat our pathetic, although Iowa played their best game of the year.

They haven't beaten anyone good, they just lost at home to Min and Iowa, got blown out today by a mediocre Iowa team.

They haven't beaten anyone good, they just lost at home to Min and Iowa, got blown out today by a mediocre Iowa team.

Where were they projected to finish in the preseason when you call them disappointing? I'm not a Terp fan at all, but everything I can find predicted them around 6th or 7th in the conference.

They don't scare me. But nobody really does. Duke was supposed to be some super team with like 5 lottery picks and we just beat them.

We're 17-12, and nobody out there scares me talent wise. College hoops in 2017.

They played no one OOC , lost to Pitt in the Challenge, the Big 10 is awful.

So about that 22-7...

They don't scare me. But nobody really does. Duke was supposed to be some super team with like 5 lottery picks and we just beat them.

We're 17-12, and nobody out there scares me talent wise. College hoops in 2017.
North Carolina. We simply do not match up well against them. We can't rebound against average rebounding teams. UNC can play volleyball against us.

North Carolina. We simply do not match up well against them. We can't rebound against average rebounding teams. UNC can play volleyball against us.

Right, but that's matchup based more than anything. UNC is good, but they aren't some super talented team. They're just well constructed to beat us. There's other teams that can beat them.

There's other teams I'd rather not play just based on matchups and style of play, but there's no incredible teams out there. If we get in, I'm thinking we've got another final four shot. After Billy Owens left and before the 2010-14 second golden era, there weren't too many seasons where I really thought we could make the final four in between. 1992-2009? There might have been 4-5 seasons where I picked us to go that far and I usually overrate us in my bracket(I did have us winning it in 2003!).

Now I don't even know if we'll make the tourney and I think we can make a run. It's just weird.

I don't know if disappointing is the right term. If anything they have played much better overall this year than expected. Some frosh have contributed more than they expected.

They played a bit over their head early in the season (some of that schedule related), and are not settling down falling back into a middle of the pack tourney team.

Sign me up for a first round matchup with them.

I put together a bracket yesterday based purely on the matrix. Following the bracketing rules, this was the matchup I had,

upload_2017-2-25_20-35-58.png

They are tracking down for them after today, but maybe we will catch them as a 7/10 or an 8/9 if things go well for us.

I would also like that matchup.

I put together a bracket yesterday based purely on the matrix. Following the bracketing rules, this was the matchup I had,

View attachment 90345

They are tracking down for them after today, but maybe we will catch them as a 7/10 or an 8/9 if things go well for us.

I think we would match up good too. Iowa was down early in the game before they switched to zone and it really affected UM big time as it quelled their dribble drive penetration and changed the game in Iowa's favor. However, I'm not convinced our guards can stop that...if they could, I think we'd beat them. On an aside...I really wish we landed Heurter. :(

On their board the Terp fans are complaining about Turgeon having no feel for the game.

I'll miss that about JB.

View attachment 90345

Yes please. I was swear I was hoping we get a few big ten and SEC teams. I would be shocked if champ isn't ACC, PAC 10 or Villanova.

Maryland has 8-9 game written all over them. The committee doesn't like the Big Ten this year. Their resume is thin.
Give me teams with good wins and bad losses over teams who beat nobody and don't have bad losses.

Outside of Wisconsin I don't see a Big Ten team surviving the first weekend. Purdue will choke.
Northwestern/Maryland/Michigan/ Minnesota all are mediocre.

Right, but that's matchup based more than anything. UNC is good, but they aren't some super talented team. They're just well constructed to beat us. There's other teams that can beat them.

I don't disagree with that. I was only saying that of all the teams in the ACC and maybe the country, UNC is the team I believe we are most unlikely to beat. Many prognosticators are predicting them to cut down the nets on April 3rd.

UNC is good, they have talent, and obviously they are a bad matchup for Syracuse.

Matchups matter, duh. It is the whole under current of competing. It more often than not decides games and seasons. Furthermore, they get magnified in greater detail in a one-and-done setting like the NCAA Tournament.

Nobody truly scares me but there are some potential bad matchups for Syracuse, IMO. UNC, Villanova, WVU, Cincinnati, Arizona, and UCLA. I think Florida as well. Syracuse would be a problem for lots of other teams as well. Matchups matter.

I feel like Maryland is a prime target to be upset in the first round depending on how the matchups shake out. They are sliding and playing some of their worst basketball. They are lucky they have a game against Rutgers next to break that streak, but after that they get a Michigan State team that can't afford many more losses. I think their biggest issues are their youth and lack of a consistent presence down low. I would gladly take them as our first round matchup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom