Matt Rhule | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Matt Rhule

What’s funny about Fleck and Minny is that stuff is primarily made of Schiano/Flood castoffs that the RUTGERS guys were glad to have dropped off at the airport
He was their best recruiter and coach by far

I think this pretty much tells us what we are up against. I honestly believe Syracuse still believes in the the only horse in town theory and simply will not spend the kind of money that is needed. I hate to keep saying this but Im worried that we will never be that program we were in the 80s and 90s again.

Football and hoops live in University Village.

And George DeLeone is doing a great job at OL/Running Game Coordinator.

Looks like his role is Senior Offensive Consultant. So he doesn't have a specific position responsibility, but probably has his hand in the whole operation.

Looks like his role is Senior Offensive Consultant. So he doesn't have a specific position responsibility, but probably has his hand in the whole operation.
perfect role. be the old guy with wisdom in the board of directors who can cut to the chase with problems

still think they are overrated. Not a great win on the resume, IMO

Just wanted to post that we could be undefeated with their schedule.

They’re matchup vs the terps this weekend is at home.

Just wanted to post that we could be undefeated with their schedule.

They’re matchup vs the terps this weekend is at home.
Frank, quit smoking the weed.

That schedule is ridiculously weak for P5.

I only do things that don’t stay in your system a month and are more fun lolol.
Well apparently it didn’t leave your system fast enough before Baylor.

Well apparently it didn’t leave your system fast enough before Baylor.

Of course my favorite player gets the usual Syracuse extreme punishment for what would be his last game possibly and no other school bats an eye to.

Don’t think you can change usernames.

Maybe true but I spend a lot of time in Minnesota and there is a buzz about that team that I have never seen before. Gopher football was basically an after thought. Now they are spending money upgrading facilities, brought in a players coach and the fans and recruits are tacking notice. I would trade with them right now. Diehards here are getting back to grob levels after the last few losses. Dino was brought here for one thing, to turn us around with an explosive offense. Remember the close your eyes speech or orange is the new fast. Does anything we do this year resemble that. Syracuse is the destiny usa of college football. Promise the world and deliver the basics.

Same could have been said here last season. When the bottom falls out over the next few weeks, they'll be reminded of how far they have to go. It's sustained success that's the hard thing at schools like Syracuse and Minnesota.

Minnesota has played one team with a winning record, Nebraska and barely beat some very poor teams. Paper tiger
I wouldn't mind being a paper tiger one of these years.

still think they are overrated. Not a great win on the resume, IMO
Fleck is a Schiano disciple - this is how you row the boat - fatten up the record against bad teams - make a bowl game and everyone talks about how great you are. He's a carbon copy of Schiano - but he's a different type of dooshiness. (cheesy vs sleazy)

ya if this were 1992.

I never understand the DeLeone cheapshots. Call me crazy but he anchored the best era of Syracuse football and was nimble enough to coach both sides of the ball. George is ok in my book. The end wasn't a storybook finish, but boy when that offense was humming it was a thing of beauty.

Fleck is a Schiano disciple - this is how you row the boat - fatten up the record against bad teams - make a bowl game and everyone talks about how great you are. He's a carbon copy of Schiano - but he's a different type of dooshiness. (cheesy vs sleazy)

We tried that this year to terrible success. When you fatten up on creampuffs you actually have to win some conference games. That's the second part of that equation. Imagine if we had to play one of those LSU/ND like schedules this year. We'd be 1-11 potentially

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom