Matt Rhule | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Matt Rhule

I never understand the DeLeone cheapshots. Call me crazy but he anchored the best era of Syracuse football and was nimble enough to coach both sides of the ball. George is ok in my book. The end wasn't a storybook finish, but boy when that offense was humming it was a thing of beauty.

Ya because throwing 15 times a game works in 2019.

We lost to a really bad nc state team And Pitt wasn’t all that great either. I wouldn’t be so confident.

pitt is on the verge of being ranked - that D is for real

I never understand the DeLeone cheapshots. Call me crazy but he anchored the best era of Syracuse football and was nimble enough to coach both sides of the ball. George is ok in my book. The end wasn't a storybook finish, but boy when that offense was humming it was a thing of beauty.

nimble doesn't mean good. That 1998 defense was atrocious

there is a great video of deleone when he was at temple explaining the "ride and decide" shotgun offense

it just asked too damn much of QBs. read the defensive end, keep or hand off, read a linebacker, keep or pitch. you better run quick, think quick, oh and you had to be able to make a million other throws in a multiple offense.

he had a good run with it but it was too hard to find gifted dual threat qbs and he stopped being successful.

our offense now is way simpler for QBs. bubble screens are decided before the ball's snapped. you can have one read and take easy yards pulling it but not have to do anything else after that. spread the defense wide, make them declare their intentions and run or pass depending on where they line up. much simpler way to keep the defense honest than reading two separate guys.

The line is so poor and the qb struggles at getting the ball out so defenses don't have to cover the whole field. they can either get to devito with fewer guys than are blocking or they can outnumber our blockers knowing that devito doesn't get the ball out quick. they don't have to worry about not having numbers against the run because they know some blocker will fail one on one and some other blocker will be standing around blocking air. They can cheat like hell because they can rely on a failure by the line or devito

deleone's offense needed a lot to be good to work. this offense doesn't but we're not seeing it now because the line is so bad that nothing can work.

Don't forget the 3 or 4 delay of game penalties and burning our time outs early in the half.

more fiction

so you dopes really think they had 4 or 5 false starts AND 3 or 4 delay of games and used timeouts early a game?

unbelievable

nimble doesn't mean good. That 1998 defense was atrocious

that team held Tom Brady in check in the big house so I’ll take atrocious any day. It’s amazing how slanted people are towards P&D vs others. I’ve seen coaches arrive after success and blow it up. P kept the engine going after Mac for a decade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom