Matthew Bergeron invited to Reese's Senior Bowl | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Matthew Bergeron invited to Reese's Senior Bowl

Interesting reading that some feel he'd be better as a Guard in the NFL instead of tackle.

Would be a similar transition that Pugh made when he want pro

Interesting reading that some feel he'd be better as a Guard in the NFL instead of tackle.

Would be a similar transition that Pugh made when he want pro
Haven’t seen that, but Bergeron is a Tackle all day - LT frame with great athleticism and pass blocking ability. Tackles usually only move to Guard if they can’t play Tackle.

It seems silly that the NFL is this nit-picky, but Pugh had shorter arms than the average NFL Centre - the true T-Rex of an O-line.

It really is a game of inches.

Haven’t seen that, but Bergeron is a Tackle all day - LT frame with great athleticism and pass blocking ability. Tackles usually only move to Guard if they can’t play Tackle.

It seems silly that the NFL is this nit-picky, but Pugh had shorter arms than the average NFL Centre - the true T-Rex of an O-line.

It really is a game of inches.

Yeah I only saw it mentioned by a few NFL/draft twitter guys but I was still surprised by it. Figured he would play tackle at the NFL.

Yeah I only saw it mentioned by a few NFL/draft twitter guys but I was still surprised by it. Figured he would play tackle at the NFL.

That video up above a few posts that Ox posted says he’s played both G and T at practice.

That video up above a few posts that Ox posted says he’s played both G and T at practice.

From what I recall he's played at LT or RT during actual games while in school. I don't doubt he can play Guard I just found it a little interesting

He was mentioned on the Ringer Fantasy Football podcast which is doubling as a NFL draft podcast. They said Bergeron was a player which a lot of teams liked but didn't want to let on how much they liked him.

From the Ringer today

The Senior Bowl has an open secret.​

There’s often a few names at the Senior Bowl that everyone is trying not to talk about because they want to keep them a secret. This year’s “worst-kept secret” in Mobile was Syracuse offensive lineman Matthew Bergeron, who accumulated around 40 starts as a four-year starter for the Orange at left and right tackle. Bergeron played plenty on the interior this week, where many expect his best pro ball will be played, and he looked like an NFL starter. It’s a quiet interior offensive line class this season, and tackle isn’t too much stronger—I’d wager more and more smoke musters around Bergeron in the coming months as a top guard prospect that some teams still like as a tackle.

5BE54C62-77F1-4A4D-AE2F-6EA599D6853F.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom