Matthew Moyer | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Matthew Moyer

"Otto’s Grove: You seem to take pride in helping out with recruiting.
Matt Moyer: It’s not that. It’s really pride in the program. We have an historic program; its a blessing to be a part of it. I want to bring in great players and make us even better when I’m there."

This summarizes all I want to know about the kid. He wants to be good individually but it sounds like team success and academics are just as important to him! That is the definition of a winner! Excited to see how the "Moyer factor" aides in the recruiting efforts of Cuse hoops!

This kid is so unique. He has winner written all over him. He is light years ahead of most freshman in his interpersonal skills and communication. He talks like an alum rather than a guy who hasn't even suited up for his freshman year!!

This kid is so unique. He has winner written all over him. He is light years ahead of most freshman in his interpersonal skills and communication. He talks like an alum rather than a guy who hasn't even suited up for his freshman year!!

He is. He truly loves the program too. I will be watching him at SU very closely, with a critical eye regarding his play. I'm going to have a very tough time issuing a lot of criticism about him. He's too nice a kid.

I really hope Malachi comes back, because the group of Richardson, Lydon, Howard, Battle and Moyer are all cut from the same cloth. They are winners. They are pieces that fit together very very well. You add in Roberson who has a motor that won't quite, but is soft spoken; Coleman, that is all heart and will leave it all out on the floor; and Chukwu, who is still a bit of an unknown to the great majority of us, but looks to have loads of potential. This is a special group.

I really hope Malachi comes back, because the group of Richardson, Lydon, Howard, Battle and Moyer are all cut from the same cloth. They are winners. They are pieces that fit together very very well. You add in Roberson who has a motor that won't quite, but is soft spoken; Coleman, that is all heart and will leave it all out on the floor; and Chukwu, who is still a bit of an unknown to the great majority of us, but looks to have loads of potential. This is a special group.

Moyer is skilled but his best attribute on the court is his motor. He plays hard and he plays with a scowl. Nice kid...until he dunks in your grill.

If Malachi comes back, Chukwu is helpful as a rim protector and we add one more shooter we'd have the horses to cut down the nets.

I like the thought. The question mark will be a floor general. Howard is a play maker for sure but his whole package as an every play lead guard is still an unknown and Tyus will be a freshman so it's a little tough to know what to expect.

I like the thought. The question mark will be a floor general. Howard is a play maker for sure but his whole package as an every play lead guard is still an unknown and Tyus will be a freshman so it's a little tough to know what to expect.

That's fair but I think we'd have enough distributors. Howard is going to get there, IMO. I'm a huge Battle fan but I prefer him off the ball.

On the other hand, assuming Malachi comes back he seemed to make huge strides in distributing the last half of the year. First 23 games he went over 3 assists exactly once. For the month of February in 6 games he averaged 4.7 assists (I'm taking license excluding February 29th against UNC just because I can.) I like the thought of 2 long combo guards with Battle on the other side and Howard filling out a 3 guard rotation. More flexibility and more scoring potential that a "pure" point and 2G set.

All good points, I'm thinking more about leadership and keeping everyone and everything on point when the chips are down in a sweet 16 game type environment. Hard to expect that out of a soph/frosh backcourt, although not impossible by any means.

Getting the Colorado State kid, Gillon, is huge now. A proven PG at the P5 level who averaged 13 pts and 4 assists a game. This kid is going to be a rotation player and will give Frank some breathing room to grow into his game. I think he'll add some juice to our fast break again, too.

Getting the Colorado State kid, Gillon, is huge now. A proven PG at the P5 level who averaged 13 pts and 4 assists a game. This kid is going to be a rotation player and will give Frank some breathing room to grow into his game. I think he'll add some juice to our fast break again, too.

He's a high level talent for sure... But technically not P5.

He's a high level talent for sure... But technically not P5.

That's right. Sorry. Here's one school who didn't fare well from realignment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom