Matthew Moyer | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Matthew Moyer

He always appeared to have that Donyell Marshall type game to me ( I am by no means saying he is, or will be as good as Marshall). I'm very interested to see how he develops over time on the Hill

eh if you read this board you'd know Moyer will be lucky to play

The next game anyone from this board coaches the hoops team will be their first! I am not predicting he even gets solid minutes I am just happy the kid is getting a little recognition. The more pub players get the better off the Cuse Hoops brand is i.e. recruiting and so forth.

You guys really need to check that clip out. He rebound putback dunked off a three? And just watch the circus shot layup at 0:20.

I like the speed of his low post moves. He has a good drop-step to the basket. His game reminds me of CJ Fair combined with Kris Jo. He's good going to the rim. He's good on the lob. He also showed a Malachi like step back 3 point shot in that clip.

eh if you read this board you'd know Moyer will be lucky to play

and if you believe Rothstein we're slated to finish 9th in the ACC.

Of course I believe Moyer is going to be very good, so I don't know what I' really arguing.

I like the speed of his low post moves. He has a good drop-step to the basket. His game reminds me of CJ Fair combined with Kris Jo. He's good going to the rim. He's good on the lob. He also showed a Malachi like step back 3 point shot in that clip.
I don't see Fair or Joseph. I think Moyer is more inside-oriented than those two. Seems more comfortable under the rim with a back-to-the-basket offensive game. I see John Wallace.

Syracuse.com article posted yesterday about what Boeheim's Army (specifically Devo and TRob) think of some of the players on this season's team. They're raving about Battle and Howard, but making it sound like Moyer has quite a ways to go. One of the main things that struck me was that Devo said that MM has to adjust mentally to JB and all of the yelling. Kind of surprised me, but no doubt he'll get there.

Boeheim's Army members rave about Syracuse guards Frank Howard and Tyus Battle

asj410 said:
Syracuse.com article posted yesterday about what Boeheim's Army (specifically Devo and TRob) think of some of the players on this season's team. They're raving about Battle and Howard, but making it sound like Moyer has quite a ways to go. One of the main things that struck me was that Devo said that MM has to adjust mentally to JB and all of the yelling. Kind of surprised me, but no doubt he'll get there. Boeheim's Army members rave about Syracuse guards Frank Howard and Tyus Battle
I took those reviews with a grain of salt...

yeah I think MM will be more prepared than most frosh and more able to brush of JB's beratement - not worried about that aspect one iota

I took those reviews with a grain of salt...
They did one last year and everyone was drooling over Lydon's athleticism, were more impressed with him than Mali, it seemed. They were spot on.

Moyer may see limited minutes just out of a sheer numbers game this year, but he will be a critical component of some of Hopkin's first years. His value is almost impossible to overstate in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom