Matthew Moyer | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Matthew Moyer

That last dunk about 1:05 was a thing of beauty.

Also this is going to sound insane, and maybe it's because he's still young, but he doesn't seem like a complete freak athletically like we usually go after. I'm not talking size/strength, but more springy-ness. For a 6'8" guy (with a 7"2 wingspan) he doesn't get that high above the iron.

Plus I would really to see him start to showcase a jump shot over the next two years. Which of course he will, I'm just anxious to see what he will look like when he hits the hill. 2016 should be a huge year for us as long as we don't end up with more than 1, 1 and doner in the 2015 class.
Not to worry. First clip King Francis posted in this thread, a few of the first three or four plays, they slow down the dunks. His head looks a lot higher up than in the last clip I posted. Two things about this. He's going into junior year. Will be more physically developed in the coming years. But aside from that and this is something I suspected recently. It's deceptive because he gets up in a hurry. When you see him in the air in slo motion, it tells a different tale.

Specifically from post #1, 0:42 to 0:43 alley oop. Don't worry about nothin. Nothin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to worry. First clip King Francis posted in this thread, a few of the first three or four plays, they slow down the dunks. His head looks a lot higher up than in the last clip I posted. Two things about this. He's going into junior year. Will be more physically developed in the coming years. But aside from that and this is something I suspected recently. It's deceptive because he gets up in a hurry. When you see him in the air in slo motion, it tells a different tale.

Specifically from post #1, 0:42 to 0:43 alley oop. Don't worry about nothin. Nothin.

Oh I definitely agree, I'm comparing his highlight tape to college guys. So as he gets older and his body develops naturally/strength training it could improve.

Plus I don't mean it to sound like he is a poor athlete, because he isn't. He just isn't the springboard that is Jerami Grant or James Southerland.

Hard to believe the kid is only about to be a junior (yes I am aware class of 2016 is juniors) we start following these kids so damn young it's mind boggling in a way.

I think a positive trend in recruiting is that the staff seems to be targetting/getting recruits with more basketball skills, maybe at the expense of athleticism. I think it will lead to better teams.

That last dunk about 1:05 was a thing of beauty.

Also this is going to sound insane, and maybe it's because he's still young, but he doesn't seem like a complete freak athletically like we usually go after. I'm not talking size/strength, but more springy-ness. For a 6'8" guy (with a 7"2 wingspan) he doesn't get that high above the iron.

Plus I would really to see him start to showcase a jump shot over the next two years. Which of course he will, I'm just anxious to see what he will look like when he hits the hill. 2016 should be a huge year for us as long as we don't end up with more than 1, 1 and doner in the 2015 class.

@ballout4ever
I'm so thankful for the reebok breakout camp
1f629.d5bd561c53.png
1f64f.37f23402a6.png

what player would you compare Moyer's game to?

He reminds me of Anthony Davis; he looks a little like him, similar offensive game, but also not nearly the shot blocker. I love the mean streak he plays with, but his FT form is a little hitchy. Very smooth running the floor, I think he is a great puzzle piece to have.

This is a bad man.
Watching this interview it becomes immediately apparent that this kid is a class act. His responses to the questions are articulately delivered and in spite of the interviewer extolling his abilities Moyer comes across with confidence tempered by humility.

I have to wonder how great his handle will be by the time he gets to the Hill . . . . . . love how he drives into the help and creates the passing angle he wants. If he works as much as it is reported he does he is going to be some kind of special player from day one.

His hair looks like Raf's did years and years ago except with a smaller shelf. LOL Crazy facial expression although I have no way of interpreting it.

I remember when Thomas Bryant looked a little scrawny and awkward a few years ago . . . . . . now he will have no issues with the physical play underneath the basket. I love his mid-post game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom